Oasis of The Seas new-cruiser questions

What are least crowded venues for breakfast and lunch because I've heard the windjammer is extremely crowded during those times?

What is the best complimentary restaurant for lunch and breakfast?

What would be the best day to book an Aquatheater show: first day, port day or sea day?

What are least crowded venues for breakfast and lunch because I've heard the windjammer is extremely crowded during those times?

What is the best complimentary restaurant for lunch and breakfast?

What would be the best day to book an Aquatheater show: first day, port day or sea day?

The Solarium Bistro is open for breakfast and lunch.

The Park Café is open for breakfast and lunch and early dinner.

The Windjammer isn't always crowded. Go at "off" times instead of the most popular times.

Breakfast is served in the Main Dining Room every day. Lunch is served there on sea days.

Book Oasis of Dreams for the first day. Sometimes there are weather delays, and then you still have a chance to see it later in the cruise.

Surprised no one mentioned Johnny Rockets. Free on all Oasis class ships until 11am. Book the Aqua show as early in your week as possible. It is canceled often because of rolling seas. Also get your Ice show tickets as soon as you can. Make sure you get to all shows 15 - 20 minutes early, the doors are open to all without reservations 10 - 20 minutes before show time.

AT the MDR, you are seated and served...so much nicer than buffet settings! Give it a try! Lunch in the MDR is only on sea days....so usually other venues are handier, if you're doing the pool thing.

BTW, the dining room is "casual" for breakfast and lunch...shorts/tees, etc...are fine at those meals!

My go to for lunch is the Dog House or Solarium. Windjammer can be doable if you avoid the usually meal times. It seemed to me that people always meet at WJ at set hours (1100, 1130, 1200 etc). I would try to show up at random times (1110, 1220) and seemed like the lines thinned out. I also usually go later than normal meal times. Issue with WJ didn't seem to be the line to get in it was finding a place to sit once you got your food. More than once I got my food and went back to my deck chair to eat. I tried that with the Dog House, but mostly the dogs never made it all the way back to my deck chair.

Keep in mind on port days some venues don't open for lunch and won't open until 3:00 PM so check the paper.

Park Cafe is a great spot to catch a quick bite to eat...anytime of the day...I think it was my favorite spot on Oasis...always able to find a table either inside or out in the central park area...

I prefer MDR for lunch and breakfast (CK if I am in a suite). WJ is not always crowded, only if you hit peak period. If you are an early riser then that is a really nice place to have breakfast.

Plenty of other venues but as I tend not to go to them, I leave it for others to advise on these.

It is a really good ship to explore and try different places and make up your mind. Getting up fairly early makes a lot of difference as it is much quieter not only at the venues but around the ship.

I would book it early on in your cruise. That way if it is cancelled then you can catch one of the re-scheduled shows. Plus if you leave it too late the and weather turns then you risk missing out due to cancellations.

For me first day is good if it is available but that is an individual thing.

We ate at the Solarium every day for breakfast and it was never too busy. Park cafe for lunch and MDR for supper. Only ate at the WJ once and it was busy but manageable. The staff were seating people so that helps a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Based on our experience on Allure, even Windjammer at peak times isn’t so bad. Once they start seating people, the line moves quickly because it is efficient. When the line was back to the elevators, we still only waited 5–10 minutes, and, given that we weren’t fighting for a table, that wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, yes it is. If it is overly crowded on embarkation day, which it will be, take your tray and drinks and walk across to vintages where there is always open outside seating..

Thanks! This will be our first cruise driving down to FL on departure day vs the day before. This means that we will likely be boarding at lunchtime vs late morning like we usually do and I'm trying to see what lunch options we have as we'll likely be starving by boarding time

Thanks! This will be our first cruise driving down to FL on departure day vs the day before. This means that we will likely be boarding at lunchtime vs late morning like we usually do and I'm trying to see what lunch options we have as we'll likely be starving by boarding time

In that case, I would definitely head up to the Solarium Bistro.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Main dining room and Solarium is good almost anytime for breakfast. Windjammer is good for breakfast the first half-hour on sea days but pretty crowded on port days. Dog house is good for lunch but obviously limited selection. Park Cafe usually had seats for lunch if you don't mind the outside seats (which I actually think are more fun for people watching!)

I have managed to take several cruises and avoid the Windjammer. It's just too chaotic for me, stressing out about having a table and whatnot.

Solarium is divine, always relaxing...Also the MDR for breakfast is fun too!