What do you do for breakfast the morning of leaving home?

Cruise Rituals
Not voo-doo...but what do YOU do?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:24 PM.
Chicago metro area
1,287 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
This thread was inspired in part by the "What do you do for dinner the first night back home?" thread, which got plenty of answers. Now, let's look at the other side of the equation: breakfast before leaving for your cruise. By that, I mean the day you travel to the embarkation city, not the day you embark (first cruise day). Although if you live in the embarkation city, those will be one and the same.

I'll start with mine. I want something I can cook and eat in under 20 minutes, with minimum effort and no stove (I'd be paranoid about forgetting to turn it off). For my past cruises, I pre-made a breakfast sandwich the night before, and left it in the fridge. So in the morning, all I needed to do is microwave the sandwich and make the coffee. I know microwaved eggs taste rubbery; but taste isn't really a priority at that point.

My second breakfast (a small meal, common in Europe) consisted of pretzels and a beer on the plane.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2013-APR-14: Carnival Sensation
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1833667

2012-APR-30: Carnival Imagination
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646620
Long Island,NY
4,516 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by LandlockedCruiser01
This thread was inspired in part by the "What do you do for dinner the first night back home?" thread, which got plenty of answers. Now, let's look at the other side of the equation: breakfast before leaving for your cruise. By that, I mean the day you travel to the embarkation city, not the day you embark (first cruise day). Although if you live in the embarkation city, those will be one and the same.

I'll start with mine. I want something I can cook and eat in under 20 minutes, with minimum effort and no stove (I'd be paranoid about forgetting to turn it off). For my past cruises, I pre-made a breakfast sandwich the night before, and left it in the fridge. So in the morning, all I needed to do is microwave the sandwich and make the coffee. I know microwaved eggs taste rubbery; but taste isn't really a priority at that point.

My second breakfast (a small meal, common in Europe) consisted of pretzels and a beer on the plane.
I eat the same breakfast that I eat every day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lenny
186 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We always stay in a hotel next to port so we usually find a local diner.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Wonder April 2016, Disney Wonder April 2017, RC Freedom of the seas, August 2014, RC Allure of the seas October 2013, RC Oasis of the Seas, September 2012, Carnival Triumph, May 2007

Chicago metro area
1,287 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by cruisinnancy
We always stay in a hotel next to port so we usually find a local diner.
That's breakfast on embarkation day. This thread is directed at people who fly or drive to the cruise port, oftentimes the day before. In other words, what do you eat for breakfast before flying or driving to that hotel?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2013-APR-14: Carnival Sensation
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1833667

2012-APR-30: Carnival Imagination
Review of this cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646620
16 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
On our way to any vacation, we almost always get Starbucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2018 November :: Mexican Riviera :: Emerald Princess

2018 June :: Alaska :: Grand Princess (20th anniversary cruise!)
2001 July :: Alaska :: Celebrity Infinity
Orlando, FL
546 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
All my sailings but one have been within 'day of' driving and since I normally work overnights I don't do breakfast but an early lunch... So we tend to hit Del Taco before heading to the port. Although we might stop at a nice gas station for snacks and drinks too, like Wawa or RaceTrac. For my one "away" sailing, we had a hotel with two different included breakfast locations, so we just ate at the hotel before taking the metro to the port.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Sailing:
24-Feb-2018 Mariner of the Seas (Singapore, Port Klang, Penang, Phuket)
11-Nov-2017 Majesty of the Seas (Port Canaveral, Grand Bahama, C̶o̶c̶o̶C̶a̶y̶)
20-May-2017 Empress of the Seas (Port of Tampa, Key West, Havana!, Cozumel)
21-Jan-2017 Harmony of the Seas (Port Everglades, Nassau, Charlotte Amalie, Philipsburg)
05-Dec-2016 Majesty of the Seas (Port Canaveral, CocoCay, Nassau)
13-Feb-2016 Vision of the Seas (Port of Tampa, R̶o̶a̶t̶a̶n̶ Cozumel, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel)
19-Jan-2014 Freedom of the Seas (Port Canaveral, Labadee, Falmouth, George Town, Cozumel)

27 countries visited overall!
(United States (47 + DC, USVI), Canada, Netherlands (+ Sint Maarten), Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, Switzerland, United Kingdom (England, Wales, Cayman Islands), Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Spain, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Iceland, Denmark, Belize, Bahamas, Cuba, France, China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan)
Brooklyn, NY, USA
893 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Simple Breakfast since we are 12 minutes away from terminal...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"
Cunard WC - Diamond Member
Booked....QM2 - 7 Day Canada/NE Jun 30th - Jul 7th, 2019 (Independence Day Sailing)
including the Port of Newport, Rhode Island

Sailed in the Past - Cunard, HAL and Chandris Lines
(QE2, QM2, Caronia, Rotterdam, Qx Anna Maria & Ellis)