My new photo book--Norway

We did Norway and the fjords in May and it was pretty amazing, even on the gray days. Once we were home I went to work editing and building a travel book for us. I used blurb.com and their Bookwright software package. I sorted with Photo Mechanic (because I know it well) and cropped and toned in PS CC. The finished product came back the other day and I was happy with it all. Blurb did a great job reproducing what I saw on my monitor (iMac 27). Here is a link for anyone who wants to look.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/7641745/060951baaa90432f6df7c58700c9968171c6ef41

Camera was a 5D MK III, lenses were 16-35mm 2.8, 24-105 IS 4 and a 70-200 2.8 IS. I used the 24-105 for most of it. Great walk around lens.

We did Norway and the fjords in May and it was pretty amazing, even on the gray days. Once we were home I went to work editing and building a travel book for us. I used blurb.com and their Bookwright software package. I sorted with Photo Mechanic (because I know it well) and cropped and toned in PS CC. The finished product came back the other day and I was happy with it all. Blurb did a great job reproducing what I saw on my monitor (iMac 27). Here is a link for anyone who wants to look.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/7641745/060951baaa90432f6df7c58700c9968171c6ef41

Camera was a 5D MK III, lenses were 16-35mm 2.8, 24-105 IS 4 and a 70-200 2.8 IS. I used the 24-105 for most of it. Great walk around lens.

Nice book - thanks for sharing. Brought back many memories :)

Nice book - thanks for sharing. Brought back many memories :)

Thanks. I started doing these books a few years ago because we were tired of having nice pictures that we never looked at because they are sitting on hard drives. Now our coffee tables are filling up.

I started doing these books a few years ago because we were tired of having nice pictures that we never looked at because they are sitting on hard drives.

I got an electronic picture frame, and I load our best pictures onto that. It sits on my desk at work. That way I'm constantly looking at my photos. I'm thinking of getting a second one to keep at home.

Nicely done. I've been using Blurb since I did my first Picture-A-Week book back in 2012. Superb products.

I am in the process of exporting a vast number of my photos into 4k/16:9 format. The plan is to get a couple of 40" or 43" TVs and mount them in our entertainment room (one portrait, one landscape). I'll drive them with a computer-on-a-stick or Fire Sitck and rotate images at some reasonable rate. Sort of a pricey start-up, but you don't have to buy many 24x36 metal prints before the price evens out.

I have spent a lot of time and money collecting my images. I guess spending a little time and some money to pry them off the drive and put them where they can actually be seen makes sense.

Dave

Nice idea Dave and if I just had one home I would look into it more.but we split time between NJ and Vegas so it MIGHT get too pricy. With the grandchildren I am already running out of wall space in both places and I have two from Norway that need to be on glass and out on display for me, I just need to find the room on a wall....

And yes, blurb is great. I started with Mixbook in 2015 but they did a not good job on our Amsterdam to Rome cruise so I gave blurb a try, learned their software package and have been very very happy.

I got an electronic picture frame, and I load our best pictures onto that. It sits on my desk at work. That way I'm constantly looking at my photos. I'm thinking of getting a second one to keep at home.

My e-frame is reserved for pictures of my grandchildren.....:):) Especially since their parents bought it for us years ago.

Thanks Chris. I started doing these books when we went to Australia and New Zealand in 2015. Norway was number 6 or 7 so I am getting the hang of doing my layouts and editing now. Enjoy the fjords and plan on afternoon naps because getting up early for sunrise and being up late for sunset takes a toll. I think we had less than 4 hours of "dark" in late May.