Upgrade question

TaylorMace

We were booked in a standard balcony room next to our friends. We both got upgraded to balcony rooms with the sofa, same category same deck, but our rooms are not next to each other. Do you think they will change our rooms to be side by side but keep the upgrades?

We were booked in a standard balcony room next to our friends. We both got upgraded to balcony rooms with the sofa, same category same deck, but our rooms are not next to each other. Do you think they will change our rooms to be side by side but keep the upgrades?

Princess is who you need to ask. If what you want is available it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there are available cabins in the same category near each other - you can ask for your cabins to be moved near each other. Most of the time they will accommodate you.

I would look in advance and see what cabins are available in that same category before you call.

if you booked with princess you ask them but if booked with a TA you ring them

If you are simply changing cabins within the same category, Princess will make the change for you without having to go through you TA if after normal business hours. I called for my last sailing at night and they said that was the one thing they could do for me and happily changed it.

If you are simply changing cabins within the same category, Princess will make the change for you without having to go through you TA if after normal business hours. I called for my last sailing at night and they said that was the one thing they could do for me and happily changed it.

thats good they did that for you

Next time it "might" help if you had the bookings linked. As for getting your friend's cabin changed, you have already gotten the best advice which is to call Princess and explain the situation. They "might" move your friends. If not, enjoy your upgraded cabin and you will still be able to visit back and forth.

thats good they did that for you

Nice edit.

Most cruise lines operate the same way. If you don’t book through their services, you will need to communicate through the alternative service you used. There are a limited number of changes that they are allowed to make when not booking direct.

Next time it "might" help if you had the bookings linked.

The linking of cabins in the reservation is only for the purpose of assigned seating if doing traditional fixed seating at dinner.

Many people have linked two cabins even when they were widely different in original location even if the same cabin category. So having cabins linked for dining room assignments does not automatically mean people want to have cabins near each other.

We do have our reservations linked and it did help. The princess cruise planner filled out a form and passed it to the Yield department and said they would try to keep our upgrades and move us next to each other to connecting balconies. I should hear from Yield in two days. Never heard of that depart. I’ll keep you all posted. Thx for the advice.

We do have our reservations linked and it did help. The princess cruise planner filled out a form and passed it to the Yield department and said they would try to keep our upgrades and move us next to each other to connecting balconies. I should hear from Yield in two days. Never heard of that depart. I’ll keep you all posted. Thx for the advice.

Wow - if there were cabins available, I am surprised they didn't just do it. Glad you called.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. It took about four calls to princess, but they came through! We have cruised with our friends several times and really enjoy having adjoining balconies. Our original balconies were adjoining. We were both upgraded for free but our rooms where down the hall. It took both of us calling and requesting, we were able to keep the upgrades and are now side by side.

Sometimes polite persistence pays off. Every one we talked to was helpful. They wanted to bump us back to make it work, we just kept politely asked to keep the upgrades and they worked with us. Thanks princess!