Eurodam or Bliss?

kidlessatsea

I would jump for HAL but my hubby is worried about evening entertainment. He likes to see comedians and shows. I could find very few of the When & Where for HAL and the ones I did locate did not show any comedians in the evening and very limited shows. What is there for an adult night owl to do on HAL?

That's where these 2 lines differ dramatically. NCL is one of the better lines for entertainment (second only to RCI in my opinion), and HAL is one of the worst (actually, the worst that I've been on). On Eurodam, you'll have the same exact 2 or 3 choices every night. The BB King band is very talented but again, it's the same darn thing every night. On Bliss, you'll have a true dueling piano bar, game shows, karaoke, dinner theater, parties at Spice H2O, and live bands in multiple venues. Plus, NCL blows HAL away with their main stage productions.

If you are looking for an entertaining ship, Bliss sounds like a good choice, and if you are going because you want to experience Alaska, definitely pick the Eurodam. In Sitka, you can take your 8 year old to visit the Fortress of the Bear. Fantastic venue, and there are no more than 2 ships in Sitka at a time, so it is a welcome break from the masses.

Please let us know which ship you choose. It would be irritating to follow this whole thread an s never know which ship you decide to sail.

LOL - true.

As of now, we are sticking with the Bliss. We decided that a variety of evening entertainment is a must. We talked also about how a cruise is what you make of it and we will enjoy any ship we are on (in terms of crowd level etc).

To be honest though, I am still considering HAL because I do like the idea of Sitka over Skagway. If HAL had nightly entertainment (comedians, shows, etc) it would be a no-brainer. I may be able to still sway my hubby but basically, my daughter and I pass out at 9pm and he likes to go watch comedians, not listen to music.

To be honest though, I am still considering HAL because I do like the idea of Sitka over Skagway.

I love both but I prefer Skagway. There's no much to do there. The White Pass Railroad is the most popular tour and I think it's excellent. We did an excursion where we rode the train up and rode bikes down. It was cool because we had to cross the border and clear Customs on our bicycles.

My second time there, we went and found some hiking trails. The scenery was beautiful.

Sitka also has some nice hikes, and the bear place is pretty cool...even though they're captive, but I still think Skagway is the better stop. Plus, you dock right in town at Skagway. In Sitka, you either tender into town or dock several miles away and have to be shuttled.

LOL - true.

As of now, we are sticking with the Bliss. We decided that a variety of evening entertainment is a must. We talked also about how a cruise is what you make of it and we will enjoy any ship we are on (in terms of crowd level etc).

To be honest though, I am still considering HAL because I do like the idea of Sitka over Skagway. If HAL had nightly entertainment (comedians, shows, etc) it would be a no-brainer. I may be able to still sway my hubby but basically, my daughter and I pass out at 9pm and he likes to go watch comedians, not listen to music.

This time around, keep the family together and happy. Take the Bliss cruise:D(y) Then, on your next Alaska cruise, ditch the hubby and kid, and find a friend or relative who doesn't mind going with you on a smaller ship;). That's my free advice, for what it's worth:D

Have a Blissful cruise to Alaska!

I just got off thrEurodam this morning. We took in two song/dance shows and a comedian on three different nights. They were all fantastic. I’m not sure where you’re getting the idea that these things do not exist on Eurodam Alaska cruises?

As for kids...there were a lot of board and we overheard them begging to go to Club Hal. Seemed like they enjoyed it!

I must add that I’ve never been on Bliss, so am obviously very biased towards HAL!

Which ever you choose, have a wonderful time!

As someone that is platinum on NCL and 3 Star on HAL, I would agree with the rest of the posters. I have sailed on most of the Breakaway class (Breakaway itself 3 items) and they can feel quite crowded in the public areas at max capacity. If you can splurge for The Haven, your senses will thank you. As much as I like the Breakaway class, I will not sail them during a school break period.

To be totally frank, we have found the JEWEL class ships to give an awesome experience in Alaska. Norwegian Jewel and Norwegian Pearl have just enough to do, without it being overwhelming. You will still be able to find plenty of quiet space to relax as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by UPNYGuy

I just got off thrEurodam this morning. We took in two song/dance shows and a comedian on three different nights. They were all fantastic. I’m not sure where you’re getting the idea that these things do not exist on Eurodam Alaska cruises?

Just curious as we will be on the Eurodam for her Xmas cruise this year, does the Eurodam have the Adagio entertainers?