UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

MSC has changed their HR strategy again. If you like the service of your waiter in the MDR and want to do him something good, order a special dish from him that needs additional payment. The T-Bone-Steak, Lobster Pasta and this stuff. Also all drinks that are ordered without a package count for them to reach their "targets".
Why not simply give him 5 or 10 euros

Experiences comparison (not including YC)

experiences%205.jpg

They claim that if you have chosen the Aurea package that you get preference of cabin but that is not true. i had originally booked the aft facing cabin with the fantastica package. I decided to upgrade to aurea, but they would not let me keep my rear facing cabin which made me very sad. I would have much preferred that cabin than my side facing cabin on a higher deck. I made a choice, but for the cruise line to say there's a preference/choice is just not true.

They claim that if you have chosen the Aurea package that you get preference of cabin but that is not true. i had originally booked the aft facing cabin with the fantastica package. I decided to upgrade to aurea, but they would not let me keep my rear facing cabin which made me very sad. I would have much preferred that cabin than my side facing cabin on a higher deck. I made a choice, but for the cruise line to say there's a preference/choice is just not true.

Actually, it is indeed true! As is the case with any other "MSC Experience" and most other cruise lines, you are able to select from available staterooms within each Experience. As an example, Fantastica cannot choose Aurea, Bella or YC. Likewise, if you opted for Aurea, you must select from available Aurea staterooms.

The type & location of a cabin goes hand in hand with the Experience but the Experience is the priority. You can change cabins within your Experience but you get a different category (type and/or location) if you upgrade the Experience. Cabins are color coded on the deck plan with reference to the Experience. Sometimes you are limited in the selection of cabins, especially in a more expensive Experience (Aurea Suite, Aurea Duplex, Wellness Balcony).

I accept that I will need to pay for my breakfast to be brought to my cabin. I have searched and searched but can find anywhere that says how much. Does anyone know? We will be paying in Euros.

Hi Canugess, last month on ORCHESTRA Warnemünde to Iceland the price for roomservice in Bella cabins were 3,95 €. In Fantastica Cabins this is free for continental breakfast and other dishes from the room menu. But for these dishes, only the service was free. For the dishes themselves, you had to pay the a la card price.

Have a nice cruise

Hi Canugess, last month on ORCHESTRA Warnemünde to Iceland the price for roomservice in Bella cabins were 3,95 €. In Fantastica Cabins this is free for continental breakfast and other dishes from the room menu. But for these dishes, only the service was free. For the dishes themselves, you had to pay the a la card price.

Have a nice cruise

But I think that if you order items from the buffet breakfast, there is no charge for the food also.

I am embarking/disembarking from Genoa. From the Seaview in July. Ship docks in Genoa at 8.00a.m- does anyone know how early disembarkation starts as I have a flight booked for 10.30a.m. Also - can you just walk off with your luggage? As you can with NCL?

1st time with MSC.

I am embarking/disembarking from Genoa. From the Seaview in July. Ship docks in Genoa at 8.00a.m- does anyone know how early disembarkation starts as I have a flight booked for 10.30a.m. Also - can you just walk off with your luggage? As you can with NCL?

1st time with MSC.

Too risky. The suites, aurea experience, yacht club and highest loyalty guests get to disembark first. Then everyone else.

You may be able to disembark by 8.30 (with your own luggage) and rush to the airport by taxi, but if there is any delay, you may miss your flight.

All cruise lines recommend that you catch a later flight.

Too risky. The suites, aurea experience, yacht club and highest loyalty guests get to disembark first. Then everyone else.

You may be able to disembark by 8.30 (with your own luggage) and rush to the airport by taxi, but if there is any delay, you may miss your flight.

All cruise lines recommend that you catch a later flight.

There was no self disembarkation at Genoa last week.

pete

Then he can choose luggage tags with the earliest departure and his luggage will be waiting for him at the port.

earliest tags were for AUREA WELLNESS AND BLACK CARD only

the next two colours were guests with MSC transfers only

and you had to prove your colour at the exit point using a sticky number from a tag

Correct, as I said Aurea, suites, MSC Black get priority disembarking. Then those with prepaid MSC transfers. So, it's even more risky for him, with just a 2 hours gap. He has to choose the earliest time slot available for general passengers.

I would book a later flight.

earliest tags were for AUREA WELLNESS AND BLACK CARD only

the next two colours were guests with MSC transfers only

and you had to prove your colour at the exit point using a sticky number from a tag

How can they not have "self walk off"? We only travel with one carry on size suitcase each...so we would never even get/use luggage tags?

Really stressing about all this now& can’t get answers from MSC re disembarkation. I’m only going on this cruise to try MSC as have never cruised with them before. I have never had any problems with any other cruise lines. I also have walked off NCL before wiTh my case& there was a lot of people doing the same thing. Can’t see why this would not be an option, I really feel that I am going to have to book a flight as late as 14.00pm so there is no doubt about getting to the airport - either that or disembark in Marseille. This is ‘taking the shine off my holiday before it has even begun’

Really stressing about all this now& can’t get answers from MSC re disembarkation. I’m only going on this cruise to try MSC as have never cruised with them before. I have never had any problems with any other cruise lines. I also have walked off NCL before wiTh my case& there was a lot of people doing the same thing. Can’t see why this would not be an option, I really feel that I am going to have to book a flight as late as 14.00pm so there is no doubt about getting to the airport - either that or disembark in Marseille. This is ‘taking the shine off my holiday before it has even begun’��������

The answer is simple

book your own flights (our flight was at 11:55 but there were earlier ones) and then book an MSC transfer from the port to the airport (£20 for 2 persons)

That is what I have done on 3 occasions and did so on the cruise that docked 17 june 2018

transfr%20voucher.jpg

here is the full disembarkation list

disemabarkation%20list.jpg

Then your worries will be over

pete

Edited by Skier52

The answer is simple - book your own flights (our flight was at 11:55 but there were earlier ones) and then book an MSC transfer from the port to the airport (£20 for 2 persons)

That is what I have done on 3 occasions and did so on the cruise that docked 17 june 2018

pete

Often, I think people make too much of a situation when a simple remedy is at hand. Conversely, I believe walk-off was available at Port Miami on the Divina and Seaside. If this is not available on EU cruises, why not merely add the suggestion as either pre/post-cruise feedback?

If you have a late flight, what is the maximum time you are allowed to stay on board after vacating your cabin

We've stayed on the ship 'til almost lunchtime on a couple of occasions when in non-YC cabins. We've been able to stay on 'til mid-afternoon and have lunch in YC on a couple of other occasions. This was on Med cruises, though, where the ship wasn't in turnaround mode (many of the ports on the itineraries were embarkation ports).

The answer is simple

book your own flights (our flight was at 11:55 but there were earlier ones) and then book an MSC transfer from the port to the airport (£20 for 2 persons)

transfr%20voucher.jpg

here is the full disembarkation list

disemabarkation%20list.jpg

Then your worries will be over

pete

OMG this is so helpful. Thank you very much. Can I book transfers before I travel or will I have to wait until I get on the ship.

In Fantastica Cabins this is free for continental breakfast and other dishes from the room menu. But for these dishes, only the service was free. For the dishes themselves, you had to pay the a la card price.

Have a nice cruise

Wait, what? I thought room service was supposedly included with Fantastica. Are you saying that we need to pay for the food and only the delivery is free? That's frustrating.

Wait, what? I thought room service was supposedly included with Fantastica. Are you saying that we need to pay for the food and only the delivery is free? That's frustrating.
In Fantastica, if you phone and order items ONLY from the breakfast buffet, there's no charge

In Fantastica, if you phone and order items ONLY from the breakfast buffet, there's no charge
Other than breakfast, the free room service is from 6.00--23.00, but that doesn't include the cost of the food and drinks delivered.

So, complimentary breakfast in bed (for the Fantastica experience) only includes basic buffet breakfast items--coffee, tea, milk, sugar, toast, butter, jam & eggs

So, complimentary breakfast in bed (for the Fantastica experience) only includes basic buffet breakfast items--coffee, tea, milk, sugar, toast, butter, jam & eggs

Also juice, hot chocolate, cereals, bread rolls and pastries - no eggs.