Golden Kids Club

bahacca

Are the kid's clubs upgraded? I cannot find Golden on the upgrade list. Also, i f anyone has a schedule of kid activities for southbound Anch. To Vanc., I'd love to see it!My kids are 11 and 12.

Other reports on here have stated that Golden has been running the current Discovery at Sea kid's programming. I believe all ships have dropped the older Pelicans/Shockwaves/Remix groups by now even though club renovations are ongoing. But as Golden is leaving the fleet in Spring 2020 that ship will not receive the physical redesign. Having been on Golden last month when I walked by the kid's deck next to the Sanctuary I was quite surprised to see the original outdoor fixtures from when the ship was launched in 2002 still extant (and looking quite worse for wear).

Edited by fishywood

Thank you! Bummer they aren't updated. At least the itinerary is pretty port intensive, so those days are not an issue. Glad to hear the programming itself is the newer stuff. I'd still love to see scheduled if anyone has them. I'm hoping a few kids will be on board, though with school starting so early now, I know mid-late August will have fewer than say July sailings.

You can try to call to find out the numbers of kids - some people have been lucky and been given the numbers, others are told the info can't be released. But if it really matters to you, you can try to call. Alaska is a great cruise for kids and I'm sure yours will have a wonderful time!

I was on the star 6 years ago and I feel the kids clubs didn't need to be upgraded other than video game consoles.

You said in another post that you haven't cruised in 4 years. What has happened in that interval is that the kid programs have been totally revamped. The programming is all new and the spaces are being re-done to reflect the new programming. The word is that the new programs are in effect on all ships. Some ships have had the space remodeling while others are still the old design with the new programs.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_1515.thumb.jpg.708b31f5b5c78f8a07ef5a2d0a963334.jpg

Travelled on Golden 6/30. My sons 9 and 6 loved kids club. They were serious about. Or taking pictures with other kids around but i grabbed these when my 6yo was first kid there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1514.thumb.jpg.40eb99c044019b8438006213fc6e3aa2.jpg

[ATTACH]425059[/ATTACH][ATTACH]425060[/ATTACH]

Travelled on Golden 6/30. My sons 9 and 6 loved kids club. They were serious about. Or taking pictures with other kids around but i grabbed these when my 6yo was first kid there. :)

Thanks for this we go on the Golden in October, we were on the Golden in April 2017 and the kids club wasn’t as good as the Sun that we went on in August 2017, looks like a mini revamp from the time we went on. My girls will be split for he first time with one being 6 and one 8! Do they do many joint activities? Hoping my 6 year old is ok on her own and there are others her age

Do you have a pic of the discovery room?

@renee they definitely had some joint activities but i think it depends on numbers. Both rooms were BUSY during this cruise!!

I do not have any other pics. Staff were really serious about not taking pics with other kids around, even if not in the picture.