Drew Devine as a CD

BillOh

I'm getting ready to board Oasis and for the first time will have Drew Devine as a Cruise Director. (For all of you who don't care who the CD is on your cruise and feel compelled to tell me about it please go ahead. If nothing else it will help you increase your post count. )

How is he? I just look for a pleasant personality, gives good information when acting as an Emcee and their morning show. On a ship as big as Oasis I don't expect any personal interaction, but a hello in passing is always nice. If he happens to show up at a Welcome back event or perhaps even the Meet and Mingle, that would be a bonus. (Our M&M looks to be tiny for an Oasis cruise)

If they happen to show any originality in the Love and Marriage, or Quest that is always a bonus.

A cruise director has had little impact on the few cruises I have done, in fact I probably couldn't tell you who they were. The exception has been on two cruises on Adventure.

First was Drew, I found him very personable and willing to stop and chat, has his morning show was memorable and his drumming very good.

Second was Mercedes. Again very personable and her running the quest was great. I met her recently when we shared a port stop with the ship she was on in Europe, I think she was hoping to return to Adventure

A cruise director has had little impact on the few cruises I have done, in fact I probably couldn't tell you who they were. The exception has been on two cruises on Adventure.

First was Drew, I found him very personable and willing to stop and chat, has his morning show was memorable and his drumming very good.

Second was Mercedes. Again very personable and her running the quest was great. I met her recently when we shared a port stop with the ship she was on in Europe, I think she was hoping to return to Adventure

Thanks for the added insight into Mercedes. I believe she is currently on Adventure. I won't be on that ship till 2017.

Drew is one of our favorites. He does an excellent Love & Marriage and Quest. He is also personable, approachable, and interesting to talk with. I'm sorry that the format of Oasis class does not allow him to showcase his talent as a drummer.

Drew is one of our favorites. He does an excellent Love & Marriage and Quest. He is also personable, approachable, and interesting to talk with. I'm sorry that the format of Oasis class does not allow him to showcase his talent as a drummer.

I was going to ask how that manifested itself since 3 people mentioned it. Not on Oasis though?

I was going to ask how that manifested itself since 3 people mentioned it. Not on Oasis though?

The shows on Oasis class are not traditional, i.e., no Welcome Aboard Show, no Farewell Show, so I think there is less connection to the CD on Oasis class than on ships with the traditional two performances of the same show per evening. Drew used to sit in with the orchestra as drummer for one number during the Welcome show on Mariner and Monarch.

Drew is one of our favourite CD's. He never fails to entertain.:) Very visible around the ship & always friendly.

He is the only CD that has really impressed us. He was on the gangplank welcoming everyone onboard. He is everywhere all day long. I actually thought he had to be twins because no one could be everywhere from 6 am to 11 pm. He also wrote me a personal note to thank me beecause I had put a comment about staff (positive) in his mailbox. I thought he really contributed to the overall enjoyment of the cruise.

I put Drew in the top 5% of CDs we have experienced. He always remembered us when we returned to a ship he was on. A great drummer as previously mentioned. Very outgoing and personable!

Edited by Scotty G

The shows on Oasis class are not traditional, i.e., no Welcome Aboard Show, no Farewell Show, so I think there is less connection to the CD on Oasis class than on ships with the traditional two performances of the same show per evening. Drew used to sit in with the orchestra as drummer for one number during the Welcome show on Mariner and Monarch.

I think that's an excellent point, Bob. The CDs wind up having a lower profile on the Oasis Class ships. Comparing apples to apples, I had Ken Rush on Allure and then a year and a half later on Anthem, and constantly saw him on Anthem but rarely saw him on Allure.

I love the Oasis Class ships but do find myself missing that more traditional format. I think that's one of the reasons I liked Anthem a little better than Oasis/Allure.

Edited by Dave85

I think that's an excellent point, Bob. The CDs wind up having a lower profile on the Oasis Class ships. Comparing apples to apples, I had Ken Rush on Allure and then a year and a half later on Anthem, and constantly saw him on Anthem but rarely saw him on Allure.

I love the Oasis Class ships but do find myself missing that more traditional format. I think that's one of the reasons I liked Anthem a little better than Oasis/Allure.

I'm not very familiar with Anthem, but does it have the traditional two performances each evening that are first come, first served, or does it have pre-cruise show reservations?

Interesting to see so many positive Drew comments. We personally found him to be a dud, one of the worst CDs we sailed with. He wasn't present and passed along most of the duties to the Activities Manager Chris (who was awesome). Maybe he was feeling under the weather that week, but we were underwhelmed.

Interesting to see so many positive Drew comments. We personally found him to be a dud, one of the worst CDs we sailed with. He wasn't present and passed along most of the duties to the Activities Manager Chris (who was awesome). Maybe he was feeling under the weather that week, but we were underwhelmed.

I'll be sure to report back in Mid May.

I'll be sure to report back in Mid May.

He had to have felt bad. That is not the Drew Devine I remember at all from Monarch. I know I only have four experiences with RC cruise directors but Drew is the best we have had except MAYBE Graham Seymour

He had to have felt bad. That is not the Drew Devine I remember at all from Monarch. I know I only have four experiences with RC cruise directors but Drew is the best we have had except MAYBE Graham Seymour

Graham is our number one CD too.:)

Thanks for the added insight into Mercedes. I believe she is currently on Adventure. I won't be on that ship till 2017.

She did say she was hoping to return to Adventure in November (2015) not sure how long they stay on board.