Aurea Private Sundeck

stoddaj1

We will be on our first MSC cruise on Seaside next March. What exactly does the access to the Aurea sundeck give us? Will there be some area nearby where we can get wet to cool off? Shower? I understand that the plans are not yet ready for detailed viewing, just looking for some input as to what we might expect.

• 1 month later...
We will be on our first MSC cruise on Seaside next March. What exactly does the access to the Aurea sundeck give us? Will there be some area nearby where we can get wet to cool off? Shower? I understand that the plans are not yet ready for detailed viewing, just looking for some input as to what we might expect.

It would be pure speculation and conjecture at this point. You won't get a definitive answer 'til there are reports from people who've actually been onboard Seaside. More than likely your question will be answered before you sail.

The Aurea sundeck on the Divinia has 2 whirlpools, showers, bar and covered cabanas. Really loved this area, wasn't ever too busy and was a haven of tranquillity. If it's similar it'll be lovely.

As it stands there is no AUREA sundeck. it is called the "TOP 18" or "TOP 16" or "TOP 13" deck depending the class of ship you are on.

It is not exclusive to Aurea guests as other guests can pay a charge to use it.

here is an image of the charges made on ORCHESTRA last year

P1050641.jpg

Pete

Skier 52 - Pete. We are looking at the MSC Musica for next Easter. Do you know if the Top 18ish area has comfy (good English word!) sunbeds? I've scoured loads of images/photos and can see it doesn't have the big day beds or a hot tub :( Any ideas? Does the Orchestra have the posh sunbeds?

Thanks for any help. I'd like to book later today and need to choose between Fantastica and Aurea. What I really want is the Fantastica cabin with the Aurea experience!!! Cheers

Skier 52 - Pete. We are looking at the MSC Musica for next Easter. Do you know if the Top 18ish area has comfy (good English word!) sunbeds? I've scoured loads of images/photos and can see it doesn't have the big day beds or a hot tub :( Any ideas? Does the Orchestra have the posh sunbeds?

Thanks for any help. I'd like to book later today and need to choose between Fantastica and Aurea. What I really want is the Fantastica cabin with the Aurea experience!!! Cheers

Have a look at my post on the other thread

link to it

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2500309

Pete

Is the Aurea sundeck area adults only?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is meant to be adults only but I found hat families who had Aurea experiences had their kids on the sundeck with them.

It would be hard to argue that if they had paid for the kids to have aurea status that they, teh kids, should be denied some of the benefits.

They were few and far between and very well behaved, just listening to I-pods etc in one of the big "pod" style sun bed.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Those photos are of the Orchestra? Should I assume the Musica will be the same?

I would expect them to be the same as the are the same class of ship

the style of sunbeds is the same as on the Splendida and Divina

Pete

There is also meant to be a private sundeck for Aurea guests on the Meraviglia so I'm wondering where this will be too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On deck 19 aft section around the exhaust stacks

it's called the TOP 19 EXCLUSIVE SOLARIUM

MERAVIGLIA%20TOP%2019%20DECK%20PLAN.jpg

It's not just for Aurea guests , but for any other guest who wants to pay for its use

pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread.

I am really trying to understand MSC and the different categories.

I want a NCL Haven experience in MSC. I was going to book (for 2) the Aurea Grand Suite with Wellness (SEW) on the Seaside but I don't see any mention about the Yacht Club. I see it says the Aurea has it's own childless area. Is the Aurea different from Yacht Club?

Thank you all so much!

I want a NCL Haven experience in MSC. I was going to book (for 2) the Aurea Grand Suite with Wellness (SEW) on the Seaside but I don't see any mention about the Yacht Club. I see it says the Aurea has it's own childless area. Is the Aurea different from Yacht Club?

Thank you all so much!

... you will want to this video "Why I'm So Excited about the MSC Seaside!"

This guy has done Haven twice and does a great job explaining the Seaside and what is offering. Cheers!

The Yacht Club is a separate enclave on the ship and is very different to Aurea. The following is how MSC describes YC:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Discover-MSC/MSC-Yacht-Club.aspx

Many who have sailed in NCL's Haven suites have likened it to MSC's Yacht Club experience.

Thank you so much!

I sail Haven on NCL and want to try Yacht Club on MSC.

I keep going on their site and I really hate it LOL

I ended up going to an online TA site and just did a mock booking where I can now see the option

of Yacht Club, I only can see Aurea on the MSC site and guess I kept doing something incorrectly.

I want to book the least expensive balcony in the Yacht Club, would that be, Deluxe Suite?

Thanks so much!

Thank you so much!

I sail Haven on NCL and want to try Yacht Club on MSC.

I keep going on their site and I really hate it LOL

I ended up going to an online TA site and just did a mock booking where I can now see the option

of Yacht Club, I only can see Aurea on the MSC site and guess I kept doing something incorrectly.

I want to book the least expensive balcony in the Yacht Club, would that be, Deluxe Suite?

Thanks so much!

That's correct.

Thank you all so much!

Aurea and Yacht Club are different.