Which way do the interior cabin doors face on Deck 16 and 18 of the Yacht club.

pettums

Hello,

I have a simple question for the few folks who have managed to get on the MSC Seaside or have a tour. Which side of the ship are the doors of the interior cabins on Deck 16 and 18. The deck plans do not indicate whether they face the port or seaboard side and they could well be on either.

It is important because we are booking an interior and a balcony suite and we really want the doors to face each other so I need to make sure that our balcony is on the side the interior door opens out to.

We called up the MSC line and the agent told us

1) He had no idea and the information was definitely not there on the deck plans.

2) He had no idea how we could find out this information.

After booking a $9k cruise it was a bit disconcerting to say the least after the terrific information about cabin placement provided by agents we have spoken to at NCL and Disney!

In any case I hoped this was the kind of very useful but slightly obscure information that cruise critics posters could provide us with.

Looking at the deck plans, I am guessing they open towards the port side. Two exceptions would be 18031 and 18026. Hope someone who has actually seen them can help you further!

Can I ask you what gives you the idea they open up on the port side - I have spent so long staring at these deck plans and couldn't pick up an clues!

Can I ask you what gives you the idea they open up on the port side - I have spent so long staring at these deck plans and couldn't pick up an clues!

It's actually pretty simple. Odd numbered cabins are in the port side hallway and even numbered cabins are in the starboard side hallway.

What is the big deal?????????

If the cabins open up on the starboard side then my 10-year old daughters will be a long way a way from their parents as we would have to go down two corridors and a concierge desk to get to them. If they open on the port side then my 10-year old daughters door would be immediately opposite our cabin door. So it is a big deal for me which is why I was frustrated that the deck plans don't indicate it clearly and the MSC representative didn't know and had no idea how to find out the information.

It's actually pretty simple. Odd numbered cabins are in the port side hallway and even numbered cabins are in the starboard side hallway.

This may seem simple to you, but to me it proves you are a complete genius. I like this logic.

Based on others responses, you look like you should be "safe"! Port side door openings seem to be the consensus. All but one inside cabin in YC are odd numbered cabins. The only even numbered inside cabin is 18026, and that is an accessible cabin. I think you are "good to go"!

Looking at the deck plans, I am guessing they open towards the port side. Two exceptions would be 18031 and 18026. Hope someone who has actually seen them can help you further!

We are in 18031 (port side) on March 3, from looking at pics. of this cabin and the unique layout, the door must be facing the hallway on the port side.

• 5 months later...
We are in 18031 (port side) on March 3, from looking at pics. of this cabin and the unique layout, the door must be facing the hallway on the port side.

Anything good or bad about this cabin compared to the other insides? Looking to add one for our trip but trying to decide as this shaped room is different than the others.

I actually found your review so unless you have anything to add we are good.

Hello,

I have a simple question for the few folks who have managed to get on the MSC Seaside or have a tour. Which side of the ship are the doors of the interior cabins on Deck 16 and 18. The deck plans do not indicate whether they face the port or seaboard side and they could well be on either.

It is important because we are booking an interior and a balcony suite and we really want the doors to face each other so I need to make sure that our balcony is on the side the interior door opens out to.

We called up the MSC line and the agent told us

1) He had no idea and the information was definitely not there on the deck plans.

2) He had no idea how we could find out this information.

After booking a $9k cruise it was a bit disconcerting to say the least after the terrific information about cabin placement provided by agents we have spoken to at NCL and Disney!

In any case I hoped this was the kind of very useful but slightly obscure information that cruise critics posters could provide us with.

I am never good at figuring out port side or seaside, but having stayed on Seaside YC Inside in April (with my family staying in the balcony YC suites), I can attest that the interior cabins door on the 16th do not share the same hallway as the balcony suites. In other words, to visit your friends/family staying in the balcony YC suites, you'll need to "circle' around to their side.

Hope this helps.

I am never good at figuring out port side or seaside, but having stayed on Seaside YC Inside in April (with my family staying in the balcony YC suites), I can attest that the interior cabins door on the 16th do not share the same hallway as the balcony suites. In other words, to visit your friends/family staying in the balcony YC suites, you'll need to "circle' around to their side.

Hope this helps.

I can not visualize your description by looking at the deck plan of deck 16. :confused:

It looks like the YC inside suites are between 2 hallways and on the opposite

side of the hallways are balcony suites.

Yes you are correct with that visualization, but the door of the inside YC cabins opens to the opposite side of the hallways. When you step outside of the inside cabin, you need to swing all the way around to the other side to reach the balcony suites. Hope this makes sense. You are not able to just dash across the hallway to get to the balcony suites as the doors do not open up to that side.

I am only referring to level 16th, i'm not sure about the configuration on level 18.