No more Coffee Cards

LARGIN

currently on the Grand. Starting with this cruise coffee cards will be no more. They will swipe your cruise card each time you get coffee. All older cards will not be allowed after this cruise. Also if in a suite and you swap out for coffee cards you only get one not two.. so far I have given away 5 cards 😁😁

currently on the Grand. Starting with this cruise coffee cards will be no more. They will swipe your cruise card each time you get coffee. All older cards will not be allowed after this cruise. Also if in a suite and you swap out for coffee cards you only get one not two.. so far I have given away 5 cards 😁😁[/quote

If this is the case how are they accommodating pre-purchased coffee cards? We are going on the June 25th sailing of the Grand to Alaska and I have pre-purchased 2 cards.

currently on the Grand. Starting with this cruise coffee cards will be no more. They will swipe your cruise card each time you get coffee. All older cards will not be allowed after this cruise. Also if in a suite and you swap out for coffee cards you only get one not two.. so far I have given away 5 cards 😁😁

LARGIN you have another post from a from June 1st saying there are new style coffee cards. Maybe you should make up your mind. New? None?

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-package-disclaimer/index.html

NEW GROUNDS COFFEE PACKAGE

Terms & Conditions 2018

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferrable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee packages are only valid for use by the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

Thanks--that explains it all, except why the suite "trade out" is only good for one card now. It also doesn't say anything about premium tea (still available, discontinued???)

I am understanding that the "coffee package" is basically added to your cruise card, right? So in a suite do they still hand you a card or do they put it on your cruise card....and do you specify which person's cruise card?

Edited by moki'smommy

This is good to know:

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

I'll be on the Grand later this month, so I'll be sure to use up my leftover punches.

This is all fine with me. I always thought an electronic card swipe system (like a Starbucks card) is better and they have the ability already available with the Cruise Card. We have some punches on a couple of old coffee cards to use up in October and then we will have to see what happens with the minibar exchange as I don’t know if that’s been officially clarified yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you buy the new package onboard using obc? Or is it only pre-purchase, like the bottled water?

Must be purchased at least 4 days before sailing

The mini-bar exchange is the killer for us.

We don't drink (alcohol or soda) and usually trade for 2 coffee cards. If it's one now, it feels like we're being cheated.

Plus, we rarely use all the punches on one voyage (exception being the 28+ cruises).

Guess we'll be drinking a lot of bottled water. Usually just drink the tap water.

NOTHING has changed except for the use of previously purchased coffee cards from previous cruises. Cards purchased for use on a future cruise now have an expiration date of August 2019. Just got this from Princess Cruise directly (6/6/18)

Check with princess regarding Australian cruises.

Hello i am going on the Regal Princess November 1, 2018 and i pre purchased a coffee card from Princess.. Reading now that they are going to elimate all coffee cards....should i call Princess and see if i can change then to the Coffee Package...as this was already charged to my credit card... Would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice to this...can be reached at catfinsevenatgmaildotcom...

So I went to manage my upcoming booking in September 2018 and this is under the beverage packages section:

"New Grounds Coffee Package $35.65 per person (15 beverages)

Save 20% with our New Grounds Coffee Package that includes 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of the cruise."

There is a select icon which then shows our names and asks you to check who the package is for; after checking you then have the add to cart icon found under the other packages.

There is also a link to the Terms and Conditions.

Note that the package does mention premium tea.

Also note that unlike the water package that says only available for pre-purchase, there is no mention of a pre-purchase requirement.

Has any one found a link that specifies the terms of trading in your mini-bar for cards????

So I went to manage my upcoming booking in September 2018 and this is under the beverage packages section:

"New Grounds Coffee Package $35.65 per person (15 beverages)

Has any one found a link that specifies the terms of trading in your mini-bar for cards????

Thanks--the previous link did not mention tea. No, I can't find anything about the mini-bar trade, and I've looked several places.

Not sure if this means it's not available for purchase onboard, or if presale just ends 4 days before the cruise. For instance, the bottled water package specifically states: "For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer." Also the coffee program T&C's state in part "packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations."

NOTHING has changed except for the use of previously purchased coffee cards from previous cruises. Cards purchased for use on a future cruise now have an expiration date of August 2019. Just got this from Princess Cruise directly (6/6/18)

Not quite sure if this is true either as the new rules specifically state "If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose" where before you could use punches on future cruises. It also states "Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee packages are only valid for use by the purchaser" where previously there was no restriction on sharing a coffee card between people. Although I suspect the part of selling or otherwise transferring cards is part of the reason for the change, effectively killing of the trading in minibars for coffee cards and then selling them on eBay.

Hello i am going on the Regal Princess November 1, 2018 and i pre purchased a coffee card from Princess.. Reading now that they are going to elimate all coffee cards....should i call Princess and see if i can change then to the Coffee Package...as this was already charged to my credit card... Would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice to this...can be reached at catfinsevenatgmaildotcom...

I called Princess they are not cancelling the coffee cards. Just some minute changes in the terms and conditions that amount to nothing. Keep your cards.

It doesn't really say that. Only says that if you are going to prepurchase, it has to be 4 days prior to sailing. So can someone currently or soon-to-be onboard a ship verify if you can purchase using obc once you're on board?