Need refund on OBC - how long?

chickadee1

We got $150 OBC which was used for Excursions - all used up.

$400 from TA -should be refunded

$180 for change from Skagway train to bus.

We spend about $180 and are still owed $400 from TA OBC. We landed 6/2/18 and started land cruise where nothing is charged to our account. When should we expect the approx. $400 to be returned to our credit card? I saw on account on ship that the $400 is refundable but never got a printed account from Princess! When does this refund show up on CC?

Any refundable OBC will be sent to your address of record in about 2-3 weeks via a check from a third party processor.

Watch your junk mail closely. The "envelope" is the kind that comes with the phony checks (you know...buy our whatever and this check is worth $XXX). Tear off sides and top, inside is the check.

BTW: did your folio on the last day show a refundable balance? Usually, TA OBC isn't refundable. The OBC we get from our TA has never been refundable.:( But we find a way to get it.;p

We spend about $180 and are still owed $400 from TA OBC. We landed 6/2/18 and started land cruise where nothing is charged to our account. When should we expect the approx. $400 to be returned to our credit card? I saw on account on ship that the $400 is refundable but never got a printed account from Princess! When does this refund show up on CC?

Oops [emoji51]

Oops [emoji51]

I’m not an expert on OBC but I really thought that was not a refundable item. You didn’t pay for it out of pocket so why would you be entitled to it? I’ve received OBC that was credited to my next cruise but never cash in hand. The only time I received a check after the cruise was when the tv didn’t work. This was a credit given by Princess not an OBC. Someone please explain when an OBC is refundable? The TA would be more entitled to it than I would, imho.

Usually, TA OBC isn't refundable. The OBC we get from our TA has never been refundable.:( But we find a way to get it.;p

If the TA money is part of a group amenity, it is not refundable. If it is a rebate of commission, it is refundable.

I personally prefer to book with a TA who discount off of the cost of the cruise at final payment so I don't need to wait for a check to return.

Onboard credit from our TA (usually 8-10% of the cruise base price) is refundable and we've gotten sizeable refunds twice. As other have said, a check comes to your home address between 2-4 weeks after the end of your cruise.

Our cruise on the Diamond Princess ended on April 13, 2018. We had $677.59 AUD refundable OBC. We received a check in the mail for $511.44 USD ***** June 4, 2018. Coincidentally, I had called Princess that morning and was told the refund could take from 4 to 8 business weeks, so they were within the worry cutoff.

I’m not an expert on OBC but I really thought that was not a refundable item. You didn’t pay for it out of pocket so why would you be entitled to it? I’ve received OBC that was credited to my next cruise but never cash in hand. The only time I received a check after the cruise was when the tv didn’t work. This was a credit given by Princess not an OBC. Someone please explain when an OBC is refundable? The TA would be more entitled to it than I would, imho.
Military Credit is the only Princess credit I know of that is refundable, other than the tv type (goodwill) credit. However, on my last cruise I did get some refundable credit from my TA. I believe that was due to my transferring the booking to a new TA and her promise to make the transfer no cost.

You will get a check in the mail.

Thank you all for your response! The folio(which we were never given at disembarkation) did show "refundable" for the $400 and it was from TA and was really ours! I will definitely check the mail every day! We opened all of the junk mail that arrived while we were gone but never got any checks exc. for $2. from auto insurance. I did call Princess to get a copy of the folio and they are supposed to email it to me in 2 business days - which means by Tuesday, 6/12. I will not let it go! Previously on RCI, refundable OBC was put back on CC right away!

Thanks for all of your quick responses!

Military Credit is the only Princess credit I know of that is refundable, other than the tv type (goodwill) credit. However, on my last cruise I did get some refundable credit from my TA. I believe that was due to my transferring the booking to a new TA and her promise to make the transfer no cost.

Loyalty OBC is also refundable.

Still haven't gotten a copy of folio that we did not receive onboard. I will contact TA if we do not get $$$ as they paid it and it was refundable. Would have used it up if it weren't - I don't know how but we would have figured something out! We are not great shoppers of overpriced goods!! We weren't trying to save it, just got bunch of credit due to train not running at Skagway and couldn't spend it all!

I do not recall where I read it but I have read that if a passenger has a combination of refundable and non-refundable onboard credit and does not use up all of it during the cruise, Princess will consider the non-refundable OBC is used first to offset folio charges.

We have had a combination of refundable and non-refundable OBC on two cruises where the entire unused OBC amount was refunded to us by check within 3 weeks after the cruise.

I will not let it go! Previously on RCI, refundable OBC was put back on CC right away!
I was told 4-6 weeks by Princess last year.

When our refund hadn’t arrived by 6 weeks, I contacted Southampton and was told that was only for U.S residents.

My refund ( from the bus portion of an excursion not taken, due to non docking in Genoa) was applied for by the agent in Southampton and the cheque came 2 weeks later.

I too was expecting it to be refunded to my credit card, as is the practise on Celebrity cruises.

Edited by upwarduk

• 2 weeks later...
After seven weeks and three phone calls to Princess, my check arrived.

Worth waiting for!!!

We are expecting $395 so will keep waiting! It has only been 3 wks since end of cruise! I did call and they told me 4-6 wks - I did remind them that if we owed them money they would have charged our credit card immediately and the CS person agreed that the wait is long but she could do nothing to expedite the process!

i disembarked May 30 and my cheque came yesterday. so 23 days.

it was a white envelope with one very large window and says

"Bottomline Technologies, Paymode-X

For Princess Cruise Line Ltd

the address is in Maine

• 3 weeks later...