Greek Isles trip on Osterdamn Rome to Venice

daisylover

Hi, the last time I cruised the Greek Islands we hired some private drives and also rent a car on some islands. Where can I go to find some advice on excursions and touring on your own on this cruise. Thanks in advance Lynette

There are lots of us who can help on the Ports of Call Forum here (on CC) for Greece, Italy, etc.

We also used Rick Steve’s book to give us advice on car rentals in Greece. He gave us excellent advice for Corfu and we beat out the other cruisers to get one if the few cars available so that we could spend a day at the beach on the other side of the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you’re going to Santorini and Mykonos, it’s very easy to DIY.

Santorini- walk left along the dock after you get off he tender, and listen for men shouting “Oia, get your tickets to Oia!”. It’s about 15 Euros pp to be taken by hydrofoil boat to Oia where the beautiful white and blue buildings are. You spend a few hours there and then board the included bus to get back to Fira. Fira and Oia are both very walkable. When done, pay about 5 Euros pp to take the cable care down to where the tenders come and go.

Mykonos- Mykonos Town is so fun to wander through with its narrow streets and picturesque buildings. Katerina’s in Little Venice has amazon Greek good with a balcony right over the sea! Go early to reserve a balcony table. You can walk to the windmills on the edge of the town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Additional to what has been stated, if you view the excursions HAL offers and then the reviews, it will give you an idea of the types of activities that have been well received and those that are lousy.

harry