Royal Carribean Drink Packages Sale

Does anyone know if and when Royal Carribean would offer a deal on their drink packages. Our cruise is already booked for Adventure of the Seas in September 2019 just wondering if they will offer a discount at any point on the packages. Thanks Lolly

Does anyone know if and when Royal Carribean would offer a deal on their drink packages. Our cruise is already booked for Adventure of the Seas in September 2019 just wondering if they will offer a discount at any point on the packages. Thanks Lolly

Unpredictable, keep checking your Cruise Planner.

If you purchase and later see a lower price, you can cancel and re-order.

The best sale I have seen was on Black Friday, Mark your calendar.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Living in Australia, can someone please give me some idea when Black Friday is. We are cruising October this year and I am chasing a good price for drinks package.

Thanks.

I just purchased a Refreshment Package for our August Oasis cruise. No discounts.

What is the Service Charge for?? And, it doesn't include a gratuity or does it?? I don't want to NOT tip but I don't want to double tip either.

Thanks,

Bobbi

I just purchased a Refreshment Package for our August Oasis cruise. No discounts.

What is the Service Charge for?? And, it doesn't include a gratuity or does it?? I don't want to NOT tip but I don't want to double tip either.

Thanks,

Bobbi

The service charge is the gratuity. No additional tips necessary when ordering drinks when you have a package.

The service charge is the gratuity. No additional tips necessary when ordering drinks when you have a package.
People tend to sometime forget that gratuity is included. You give them your card to charge the drink, it comes back something like "Rum runner...........0.00 Total 0.00, Tip____". I think people (in the US) fell obligated to fill in that tip amount because they're so used to it. If I get the package that 18% built in gratuity is not a bad tip. Drink cost $12.00 Tip is $2.16. This leads me to a question, Does the bar tender who makes your drink get the tip or is it pooled? Or if you get a drink from a pool side steward is that tip split?

People tend to sometime forget that gratuity is included. You give them your card to charge the drink, it comes back something like "Rum runner...........0.00 Total 0.00, Tip____". I think people (in the US) fell obligated to fill in that tip amount because they're so used to it. If I get the package that 18% built in gratuity is not a bad tip. Drink cost $12.00 Tip is $2.16. This leads me to a question, Does the bar tender who makes your drink get the tip or is it pooled? Or if you get a drink from a pool side steward is that tip split?

A bartender on our recent cruise told us if you tip in cash, they get to keep it; if you tip on the slip, it is shared.

My understanding is that the 18% automatic tips on drinks is pooled. Anything you give to bartender over the 18% is pooled. Anything you give to the bar server over the 18% is kept individually.

For the two long term bookings I've had, I did not see sales until the dates got closer. So the advice of "Black Friday is the best deal" only really applies if your cruise is in the near term. For example this past November one cruise was for June and the other August. Neither went on sale for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Memorial Day, Christmas, etc etc.

You can't really predict it, just check periodically. As mentioned, you can cancel and re-order if it goes down so there is zero penalty to just ordering it now.

My understanding is that the 18% automatic tips on drinks is pooled. Anything you give to bartender over the 18% is pooled. Anything you give to the bar server over the 18% is kept individually.
OK thanks Bob. So the drink package 18% is pooled for all bar tenders and the guys hustling on deck are part of the 18%. I would be more inclined to then keep a few bucks in my pocket to give to the guy hustling on deck since he's providing me a service and I'm not waiting at the bar which sometimes is 4 deep! Kind of like the room service people, I always tip them in cash.

For the two long term bookings I've had, I did not see sales until the dates got closer. So the advice of "Black Friday is the best deal" only really applies if your cruise is in the near term. For example this past November one cruise was for June and the other August. Neither went on sale for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Memorial Day, Christmas, etc etc.

You can't really predict it, just check periodically. As mentioned, you can cancel and re-order if it goes down so there is zero penalty to just ordering it now.

I'm cruising in August and the package went on sale Black Friday of last year - $42

If the tip is on the slip, it is pooled. If you have the package and you tip in cash, most of the time they will keep it for themselves. We always have the package. We never tip on the slip, we give cash to the servers/bartenders that take care of us so that they can keep it for themselves vs sharing it.

Talking to C & A a few weeks back, discussing the liquor package, she said watch weekends. Sure enough, that weekend it was on sale for $45.00 per day. bought it. Next weekend it was $42.00, bought it and refunded the previous week's package. So her advise was right on the money....weekends.

Hi

I just got the e-mail ad from RCCI about a buy one and get one 50% off. They effectively reduced both charges by 25%. This brought the drink package to $42 per plus the 18% making my total bill for two at over $800 for the cruise.

The total sticker shock makes me think I need counseling. I'm weighting the benefits of the deal. We will be in post 5 times ( going on a Oct cruise to Canada 8 nights). The port excursions I would expect to cut into the on board drinking. In addition my wife may have 3 cokes and fruity drink during the show each day, so I have to carry the burden of making it worth while . Of course we are planning on bring 2 bottles of wine each.

( reading this maybe I do need counseling)

I'm just looking logic or feed back to make a good decision. The deal is up Sunday evening - tomorrow.

We have 3 cabins going and I figured I pass on to them your collective wisdom.

Thanks, Jack

Anyone know the Delux Package price on Oasis class before gratuities. it was running higher than other ships at one point. With all the sales and prices changing weekly difficult to figure out the real price. Looking to see if my D+ discount is worth it to wait for on board or keep an eye on sale.

Anyone know the Delux Package price on Oasis class before gratuities. it was running higher than other ships at one point. With all the sales and prices changing weekly difficult to figure out the real price. Looking to see if my D+ discount is worth it to wait for on board or keep an eye on sale.

On my cruise it’s listed at discounted 25 percent off for 45 a person that’s for this November. So regular price should be 60, we just became diamond plus so I am also waiting till we board unless price goes to 30 percent off or greater