***HAL's website - what a mess!

Hal&Rob

I've been trying for two days to get into shore excursions for our cruise, but I get as far as the "Accept" button to access my reservation and I click on it and nothing happens. Tried getting in other ways......nothing. So frustrating!

I've been trying for two days to get into shore excursions for our cruise, but I get as far as the "Accept" button to access my reservation and I click on it and nothing happens. Tried getting in other ways......nothing. So frustrating!

I have found that you need to go to my account and then manage bookings on that page. Ignore the very obvious manage bookings that you see first. I did report the problem and they reproduced the issue. Thought it would be fixed by now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have found that you need to go to my account and then manage bookings on that page. Ignore the very obvious manage bookings that you see first. I did report the problem and they reproduced the issue. Thought it would be fixed by now.

Thanks, but I tried that, too. I've tried every way and means and it will not work. Three days ago, I could access everything.

Thanks, but I tried that, too. I've tried every way and means and it will not work. Three days ago, I could access everything.

Sorry to hear that. Haven’t tried to book excursions lately. Although everything worked correctly when I made a payment on my November booking over the weekend.

Could you try passing along the steps to their Tech team? I have found them to be responsive but slow in a response.

I'm trying to get into my account to order flight ease. Won't let me in. At least it's good to know it isn't me.

You may already be aware of this from other posts, but be careful when booking flights through Flight Ease on the HAL website.

I booked flights for a South America cruise as soon as they were available to get the best price. Later I wondered how the fares would compare if I booked from a different airport so went onto the website to just CHECK.

Several weeks later I accidently discovered that my flights had been cancelled. I was able to rebook the same flights but by then the price had increased. No warning or indication was given that my flights were going to be changed or cancelled when it happened...I was just doing a search.

Seems like this has happened to others as well...and maybe some who don't even know it yet since there was no notice that the reservations were gone.

One cruise I am watching has gone haywire. A 2 part cruise, first out of Seattle 18 days, then pickup pax in Vancouver for the remaining 16 days. Now, both are 16 days, same price instead of different. Disembarkation should be same day in Vancouver but is now 2 different dates.

How amazing that we just filled out our HAL website surveys. I missed an opportunity to point this out:)

One cruise I am watching has gone haywire. A 2 part cruise, first out of Seattle 18 days, then pickup pax in Vancouver for the remaining 16 days. Now, both are 16 days, same price instead of different. Disembarkation should be same day in Vancouver but is now 2 different dates.

How amazing that we just filled out our HAL website surveys. I missed an opportunity to point this out:)

You can still provide feedback. There should be a feedback button on the HAL homepage. On my iPad it shows up at the bottom right (see photo). I filled it out once but the button is still there allowing me to add more feedback. Your cruise sounds fun! Hope they figure it out soon!

7d9785a87c118adc12963b74a584fdba.jpg

You can still provide feedback. There should be a feedback button on the HAL homepage. On my iPad it shows up at the bottom right (see photo). I filled it out once but the button is still there allowing me to add more feedback. Your cruise sounds fun! Hope they figure it out soon!

7d9785a87c118adc12963b74a584fdba.jpg

Thanks for that info. I've never used the "Feedback" so I'll try now.

We've done this Hawaii cruise many times, so I can attest that you're right: it is a fun cruise. HAL will figure it out, since the one cruise is now cheaper! than it was. Hahaha What a mess.

I am researching an Alaska cruise for July 2019. HAL website will let me see final price for SS suite that I choose, but it won't let me choose a veranda...only "give" me one (no option for select your room) even though the site shows rooms available. When I click it says room "no longer available." When I go to my big box TA web site I can choose a veranda, no problem! I guess HAL doesn't want you to book at their web site! New web site is such a waste of time!:eek:

Karen

I had a nice help-desk guy on Sunday walk me through getting in (it seemed like there was a double log-in request but he said to ignore that and use the other side of the screen to get to my booking info). This worked on Sunday, long enough to download a PDF of the shore excursions. Last night I logged in using the same steps he gave me and the website kept saying "cannot authenticate, try again later." This morning I tried from my PC because I read on another thread that possibly a Mac laptop can be an interface problem. But that made no difference. In fact, I asked my husband to try to create an account just to see if it would work with a fresh start. The website did not even allow him to create an account. So basically, the problem for me was, I could log in, but then I couldn't "get" anywhere. I tried clicking on Manage my Bookings and I got really freaked out when I got a message on the screen that I didn't HAVE any bookings! So I called the help desk today and spoke with a nice woman who was able to assure me, using my booking number/code, that I am in the system and booked. I told her the problems I was having and she said the website must be "under maintenance." Now, we are 52 days out, so I hope things will be fixed by then, but I asked her what we do about check-in, etc. if not. She said most of that could be done over the phone. It's extremely frustrating and it sounds like they are getting many complaints and having to help people over the phone. I have to say that both she and the guy who helped me on Sunday were nice and helpful. But that website *is* a mess!

I am researching an Alaska cruise for July 2019. HAL website will let me see final price for SS suite that I choose, but it won't let me choose a veranda...only "give" me one (no option for select your room) even though the site shows rooms available. When I click it says room "no longer available." When I go to my big box TA web site I can choose a veranda, no problem! I guess HAL doesn't want you to book at their web site! New web site is such a waste of time!:eek:

Karen

I was getting the "no longer available" message on the old website all the time on several cruises. I was hoping HAL would fix that with the new site:rolleyes:.

My TA could never see what I was seeing on the HAL website (pricing) and it became a very unpleasant experience booking that cruise. I hope this gets fixed, too.

I wonder how the TAs are managing with Polar Online: would it be as messed up as the new HAL website? I am really happy that I am not in any hurry to book HAL right now. Maybe in 3 or 4 months things will be workable and I won't get a headache just trying to browse!

HAL must be losing business over this, what a shame.

Website design is many levels of ability above the technical abilities of HAL's people who just make updates and minor changes. I would bet that the new site was contracted out to a 3rd party contractor. They probably agreed to a specific publish date, and if they didn't make it they suffered financial penalties. So, instead of running the new site through the usual Alpha and Beta test modes, they were up against a firm deadline, so they launched it, partially untested. Right now, it definitely is not "Ready for Prime Time". The old site should be restored for full use, and the new one should go back to Beta testing until the bugs are fixed. They were trying to make the site more friendly to small screen devices, phones and tablets. That requires a whole extra level of code to address screen size and make sure the text is readable on the small screens with minimal scrolling.