Aft balcony questions on Eurodam

ToXS

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

We are all set to book a deck 8 aft balcony on the Eurodam - 18 night circle Hawaii out of Seattle, Sept 29. We have never occupied an aft balcony cabin, and I was excited to do so from all the positive comments I'd heard in the past. However, I have just read some comments about bad experiences with AB cabins in circumstances other than ours, any of which would ruin our vacation were it to happen with us. Has anyone "out there" actually occupied a deck 8 AB on the Eurodam? How was the noise, either from other people, mechanical noise or pool noise from the deck directly above our cabin? Is there a problem with motor noise or vibration? One traveler complained their balcony was always covered with soot. Has that been a problem where we would be located, deck 8 on the Eurodam? I'd appreciate anything else you would have to say about this, good or bad. Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Our cabin at the stern was on deck 7, so I can't answer your questions in that regard. Personally, I would not want a cabin under any pool/recreation/club area. We loved being on the stern, especially for Norwegian fjords, so we could see both sides from the same place. We never saw any soot, and I don't remember any feeling of vibration different from any other area. (Certainly no vibration like in the dining room.)

We had the only aft deck cabin we've ever had and that was on Deck 8 of the Eurodam. Loved it but one night we heard a terrible din above us where deck chairs and furniture was being moved. We reported it and had no further trouble. I would not hesitate to have such a cabin again.

We're booked on the same cruise, also in an aft stateroom, deck 8, category v. I wouldn't be surprised to occasionally hear some deck chairs being moved but regardless I know that we will love the aft stateroom. This will be the third time in an aft stateroom, once before on the Eurodam and also on the Konigsdam. We particularly love the wake glowing in the moonlight!

Thank you very much jayhawk66, ozcruizer and jhannah for telling me about your experiences in an aft cabin. I've decided that come what may, it's going to be fine. I'm looking forward to a great vacation and a wonderful experience!

Thank you very much jayhawk66, ozcruizer and jhannah for telling me about your experiences in an aft cabin. I've decided that come what may, it's going to be fine. I'm looking forward to a great vacation and a wonderful experience!

We had a deck 5 aft on the Oosterdam for an 18 day circle Hawaii and it was wonderful. You will enjoy using the balcony a lot during the 10 days at sea (5 over & 5 back). The big plus that has not been mentioned yet is that you will get little or no wind while at sea.

On our cruise people could not use their regular verandas much due to high seas and wind. We used ours every day for long periods of time!

We've had a stern cabin twice, a corner-wrap on the N.A. and a next-to-corner on the Noordam. On the NA we had no vibrations to speak of, but on the Noordam we had periods of very strong vibrations which would often start or end abruptly. Someone told me it depends somewhat on whether the ship was traveling with, against, or across the prevailing current.