Best beach out of these five ports

lyrehc0521

My daughter and I will be cruising on Freedom of the Seas from 1/6/19-1/13/19. I'm in the process of researching excursions but we want one day strictly dedicated to the beach. Best beach to me would be calm, clear water, sandy bottom, as little children as possible (so no blow up water toys needed). Not looking for any water related activities. Just want to park our rear ends, soak up sun and swim...but in the stereotypical Caribbean blue clear water. The ports we are stopping at are: St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Maarten. Obviously everyone has their own opinion but I'm curious as to which place has the most gorgeous beach.

Also, if there is an excursion at one of these stops that in your mind is a "must do," please let me know! Interested in any and all opinions.

Thank you!

I am at these ports regularly and enjoy the beaches in four of the five.

St. Kitts - I join a van/cab group going to Carambola/Frigate or Cockleshell.

Antigua - my favorite. I take the 22 bus from town and go to Darkwood. Many get off at Jolly.

Barbados - Cabs abound; $5.00 each way to the many beach stops on close-by Carlisle Bay (Boatyard, Lobster Alive, I go to Harbour Lights)

St. Maarten - I walk to town and pick a place on the boardwalk with a cheap chair/umbrella/drink/restroom combination. There are many. You can also take the ferry from the cruiseport shopping area. I know there are famous beaches people go to, but I like the beach there.

St. Lucia - I vanned to Reduit Beach. The woman filling the cabs is a major pita. The beach was nice but the worst beach hawkers I have ever encountered. In December I am going to walk or cab to the beach near port, Vigie Beach. Sugar Beach is just too far away and expensive to get to.

People seem to like the Spencer Ambrose or Cosol tours on St. Lucia. Very good reviews and I believe they have a beach stop. I've not done it.

This is an itinerary I do often and really enjoy going to the beaches.

Enjoy.

Best beach to me would be calm, clear water, sandy bottom, as little children as possible (so no blow up water toys needed). Not looking for any water related activities. Just want to park our rear ends, soak up sun and swim...but in the stereotypical Caribbean blue clear water.

Thank you!

In St Martin, that is Orient Beach. While its still in recovery/rebuild, you can get what you described here easily and help the area recover. I was just there May 1st, my 5th time and had a great day.

St. Kitts...Carambola...$4/pp cab ride...same cabbie will come to pick you up at a designated time.

Barbados...not sure about a beach, but if you like a catamaran ride, please look at Calabaza...it is the most amazing excursion...you can look at TripAdvisor for reviews...GREAT DAY!

Antigua...Turner Beach

Enjoy!

St. Kitts...Carambola...$4/pp cab ride...same cabbie will come to pick you up at a designated time.

Barbados...not sure about a beach, but if you like a catamaran ride, please look at Calabaza...it is the most amazing excursion...you can look at TripAdvisor for reviews...GREAT DAY!

Antigua...Turner Beach

Enjoy!

Absolutely agree with Carambola in St Kitts. The vendors all want to fill their vehicles to go to Cockleshell, the beach tourist trap there.

We found it was a beautiful beach...sadly, the Ritz recently bought up all the land to the left (sorry, bad with directions outside of my area) as you face the ocean. So the beach bars closed; but if you are there at lunchtime, the Carambola Beach Club has great food. We also love the beach massages offered...very relaxing and reasonably priced.

but if you like a catamaran ride, please look at Calabaza...it is the most amazing excursion...you can look at TripAdvisor for reviews...GREAT DAY!

Antigua...Turner Beach

Enjoy!

While the OP was asking about beaches, this was a good recommendation, it fit the rest of their inquiry about relaxing, swimming, and few kids. Calbaza was simply the best excursion ever.

I'll remember your recommendation of Turner Beach when I finally get back to Antigua.

My all time favorite beach ever:') is Orient Beach at St Maarten. The last time we were there was a week before Irma and we are finally going back in September. I’m beyond excited about going back but also know after seeing pictures of the beach that it will be sad.

Second favorite if the islands listed would be Barbados. We’ve enjoyed Lobster Alive several times although the last time we thought the bartender was slow and surly:rolleyes:. Beautiful beach area & easy to get to.

Sherri:)

My all time favorite beach ever:') is Orient Beach at St Maarten. The last time we were there was a week before Irma and we are finally going back in September. I’m beyond excited about going back but also know after seeing pictures of the beach that it will be sad.

Sherri:)

We had a great time May 1, restoration was just started, Hope things continue to improve prior to your arrival. We still had a great time.

Antigua - my favorite. I take the 22 bus from town and go to Darkwood. Many get off at Jolly.

100% agree with this! This was my wife and I's favorite beach! It was such an experience to take the bus (25 cents each way I think). We rode the bus with all the school kids and dropped them all off at school along the way. We were the only people on Darkwood beach the entire day! Beautiful sand and crystal clear water. Very very relaxing and romantic. Went and stood by the "bus pick up sign" and 5 minutes later the bus came and took us back.

We have done pretty much all the same beaches everyone speaks of above..But depends what you are after...

Our fave was St Lucia! Private boat to Pitons, on the way there or back, you can stop at any beach you want..private or secluded and no one around, paradise! Snorkel if you wish, private boat will have water and beers or ask for something else if needed, fruit etc, swim or not, lay on the sane or not...of course St Lucia isnt fully explored unless you go see the Pitons too!