Crown & Anchor to Captains Club

Hi,

I am currently Diamond. If I hit 175 points exactly, on my last night on an RC cruise, do I get Diamond + benefits if my next cruise is a Celebrity Cruise? This looks like a real option for us.

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently Diamond. If I hit 175 points exactly, on my last night on an RC cruise, do I get Diamond + benefits if my next cruise is a Celebrity Cruise? This looks like a real option for us.

Thanks

Once you hit 175 points you will be D+ after the cruise you hit the 175 points on. So yes you will be D+ after that RCI cruise.

There is no D+ benefits on a Celebrity cruise, as there is no D+ level on Celebrity. When you enroll in Celebrity´s Captains Club they will match your C&A status, so being D+ with C&A will give you elite benefits on Celebrity.

So if your next cruise after hitting D+ on RCI will be a Celebrity cruise, you will be recognized as Elite on that cruise and get the respective benefits.

Just a heads up, your Celebrity Cruise will not give you points towards your C&A account. That cruise would count towards your Captains Club account which will have you starting at 0 points (if you haven´t cruised with them before), despite recognizing you as an Elite.

I'm travelling Royal for the 1st time in 4 days time. I am Celebrity Elite and will be Diamond 0 points for my first Royal cruise.

Yes, I believe so. Just make sure you, or your TA, gives RCI your Captains club number.

I'm travelling Royal for the 1st time in 4 days time. I am Celebrity Elite and will be Diamond 0 points for my first Royal cruise.

Happens. My Daughter is 20, only took two 7nite cruises back in 2000 and 2001, she is a Diamond Plus...

The top level of reciprocity between the brands is Diamond > Elite. Diamond Plus still equates to Elite.

If you wish to progress to Elite Plus on X you are stating from 0. The points are accumulated separately. Cruising with X will not have any impact on your RCI points total.

Once you hit 175 points you will be D+ after the cruise you hit the 175 points on. So yes you will be D+ after that RCI cruise.

There is no D+ benefits on a Celebrity cruise, as there is no D+ level on Celebrity. When you enroll in Celebrity´s Captains Club they will match your C&A status, so being D+ with C&A will give you elite benefits on Celebrity.

So if your next cruise after hitting D+ on RCI will be a Celebrity cruise, you will be recognized as Elite on that cruise and get the respective benefits.

Just a heads up, your Celebrity Cruise will not give you points towards your C&A account. That cruise would count towards your Captains Club account which will have you starting at 0 points (if you haven´t cruised with them before), despite recognizing you as an Elite.

Thanks, if there is no distinction between D and D+ in the Celebrity equivalent reward scheme this is a moot point. I fully understand Celebrity points do not count towards RC and vice versa. We have sailed a couple of time with Celebrity and enjoyed reciprocal benefits, I just didn't realise there wasn't another Captains Club tier for D+.

Happy Cruising!

The top level of reciprocity between the brands is Diamond > Elite. Diamond Plus still equates to Elite.

If you wish to progress to Elite Plus on X you are stating from 0. The points are accumulated separately. Cruising with X will not have any impact on your RCI points total.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

So if I'm on 29 points and I sailed Celebrity for 10 nights last year, I should be Platinum with RCCL this year?

P O I N T S D O N O T C O M B I N E.

Period.

You need 30 points to be Platinum. Every one of those points can only be earned on Royal Caribbean cruises.

Once you are Platinum on Royal Caribbean by accumulating at least 30 points on Royal Caribbean, if you sail on Celebrity, you will be recognized as Select.

Thanks, if there is no distinction between D and D+ in the Celebrity equivalent reward scheme this is a moot point. I fully understand Celebrity points do not count towards RC and vice versa. We have sailed a couple of time with Celebrity and enjoyed reciprocal benefits, I just didn't realise there wasn't another Captains Club tier for D+.

Happy Cruising!

Celebrity Captain's Club has an Elite+ category, but the same situation applies when sailing on RCI; Elite+ only transfers to D.

So if I'm on 29 points and I sailed Celebrity for 10 nights last year, I should be Platinum with RCCL this year?

If you make it to Select on Celebrity, that translates to Platinum on Royal.

Just to clarify, as likely understood, both RCI and Celebrity have tier levels above Diamond and Elite respectively which are RCI Diamond Plus and Pinnacle, and Celebrity Elite Plus and Zenith.

However, in terms of reciprocity of benefits, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle are all Elite on Celebrity, and Elite, Elite plus, and Zenith are all Diamond on RCI. Neither line recognizes each other's higher tier levels separately with this reciprocity.

And as mentioned, points accumulate independently and exclusively on each cruise line sailed. As a result, each successive tier level above the Elite or Diamond reciprocal level will need to be attained by total points earned on the other line.

Each program is different from the other and the benefits with each tier, while similar, are not the same. A couple of notable differences are RCI offers the balcony discount that is not offered by Celebrity, and RCI maintains a dedicated Diamond Lounge with longer hours of operation and the included 3 drink coupons nightly. Celebrity closes a public lounge for their cocktail hour and only offers coupons if there are a large number of Elite members and alternate venues would be required.

IMO the RCI C&A program overall is the stronger of the two.

Edited by leaveitallbehind