Marella or NCL?

Trying to decide between

Marella or NCL for a Fiords cruise. It is some years since we tried what was a Thomson Cruise - on Majesty - and we did enjoy it. Since then we have used Celebrity. When we cruise do enjoy the food (Buffet and MDR) ; evening entertainment; using the balcony.

Can anyone supply advice please?

We have been on Marella (Majesty) once and NCL 4 times. I actually think NCL are an American-style Marella, but with bigger/better ships - although they are nowhere near as good value for money as Marella!

I would probably choose Marella based on everything: although maybe if I was a bit more well off and money wasn’t a concern I would choose NCL purely for the fact the ships are lovely. Having said that the newer Marella ships are gaining in attractive features and size so it will be not long before all things are equal (except price!).

We have been on Marella (Majesty) once and NCL 4 times. I actually think NCL are an American-style Marella, but with bigger/better ships - although they are nowhere near as good value for money as Marella!

I would probably choose Marella based on everything: although maybe if I was a bit more well off and money wasn’t a concern I would choose NCL purely for the fact the ships are lovely. Having said that the newer Marella ships are gaining in attractive features and size so it will be not long before all things are equal (except price!).

We have been on both NCL. and what was THomson now Marella, we had a fabulous Norwegian cruise last August on the Jade, even though it rained everyday. We did a cruise on Dream in December and I would not go on it again.

However we have just had a two week cruise on Discovery to the baltics and we really enjoyed it.

The previous poster said Marella now newer ships, yes they are but they are still over 20 years old.

This is just my opinion, but differences are just that differences.

Food on Discovery was good, compared to NCL which was excellent, huge choice of restaurants on NCL, but we did still enjoy on Discovery.

Entertainment far better on Discovery than NCL although we did enjoy entertainment on NCL it wasn't as slick.

Cabins nicer on NCL. Staff on both lines we found to be really good, Drinks packages on both lines, very good, but Marella has no limit, unlike NCL 15$ per drink limit.

Hope that helps

Try the Explorer ships on Marella as they were once a Celebrity ship.

I like Royal Caribbean ships but prefer Marella for everything else, hence booking Discovery 2 for next year. A Junior Suite with Royal (cabin only) is the same price as an Executive Suite (Owners Suite on Royal) with Marella but you also get the flights, drinks and tips included. No brainer really.