OBC for shore exc. Or pay w/ RC visa?

My DH and I have $450.00 OBC on our upcoming Freedom cruise in July. My thinking is to charge the $560.00 shore excursions we have planned and get the double points. Then use OBC for drinks, tips, etc. and if any left, cash them out. I don't think we will ever charge $560.00 in expenses, so wouldn't this be getting more bang for our buck in regards to points earned, since we'll earn 1120 points? Thanks for your opinions!

The OBC we have is mostly RC Visa redemption. $100.00 is from booking on board last cruise- Next Cruise Cert.

VIsa points OBC has been fully redundable, booking on board OBC is non-refundable.

VIsa points OBC has been fully redundable, booking on board OBC is non-refundable.

So is there a way to use one form of OBC- the $100.00 booking reward- before the $350.00 Visa rewards?

So is there a way to use one form of OBC- the $100.00 booking reward- before the $350.00 Visa rewards?

They are supposed to automatically use non-refundable OBC first. There is no way for you to control it.

Can you question it at the purser's desk at some point during the cruise?

You can question anything, but you won't really know until the last day. If on the last day they let you cash our all remaining OBC, then you know that remaining OBC is refundable, because you cannot cash out non-refundable OBC at Guest Services.