A727 Malaga suite Island Princess

pup931

Hello. We are going to Alaska on the Island Princess in September and we booked A727. Ive heard good and bad and we are hoping that it wasnt a mistake. We like the idea of a wrap around balcony, but we were hoping to be able to enjoy a meal out on deck. I'm was wondering if its too cold in September to eat on the balcony and if there were some issues with cabin. Thank you!

I had A727 for a Panama cruise last year. Since this cabin was added to the ship 3 or so years ago and is not “original equipment” it does have some issues, mostly with some creaking and vibration if the ship is moving fast or in choppy seas. That usually isn’t a problem for Alaska. The deck is certainly spacious but finished rather cheaply. All of those aft suites (I had friends in the other ones) have hard rubber pool matting (like plastic milk crates) for the deck material. Our lounge chairs looked like they came from a thrift shop and were salt crusted. The table and chairs were okay. There is another cabin balcony directly above you as soon as you walk out the doors, so no privacy. The interior is very nice. Tons of closet space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stayed on A708 on the Golden for Alaska two weeks ago. No problems at all. I loved that you could not see my balcony but I could see others down below. I know that HOrizon court was right above us but it didn’t bother us, and I’m a light sleeper.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures but the furniture was exactly the same as the other balconies below and so was the floor on the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums