30 Days To Go!

Lois R

30 days till my next cruise (solo of course):D……..flying to Venice and sailing all around Italy with the cruise ending in Nice. It is very port intensive and all the ports except 2 are new to me:)……...first time to Venice!

Getting excited:D

30 days till my next cruise (solo of course):D……..flying to Venice and sailing all around Italy with the cruise ending in Nice. It is very port intensive and all the ports except 2 are new to me:)……...first time to Venice!

Lucky you! Italy is my favorite ❤️❤️❤️Enjoy[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lucky you! Italy is my favorite ❤️❤️❤️Enjoy[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, I love Italy too:) I was in Florence last summer...…..it is AMAZING:D

Lois, Glad to see that you are heading out again. Are you sailing with Silverseas again for this trip? You will enjoy Venice. Hopefully this time of year the water won't be quite so high and you will be able to get around Venice without the wading that sometimes hits them. The Med itineraries are always port intensive but they are definitely worth it. I like my sea days for relaxing but in the Med there is just so much to see that the port days are wonderful, even though they can get a little tiring by the end of cruise. Hope you have a great trip. Neil

Hi Neil, good to see you:). Yes, sailing with Silverseas and you are right, it is very port intensive. But oh so worth it:D

Lois, I looked up the cruise and it looks like a great itinerary. Stops in Croatia, Malta, a couple in Sicily, and great ports in Italy. You should have a wonderful time. I am really jealous now, hope you have a great trip. Neil

Have a great time! I am just back from a cruise that departed from Venice and followed the same path (but with some different ports). It was lovely but the weather is already very hot and humid so be prepared.

Any special shore excursions planned?

Have a great time! I am just back from a cruise that departed from Venice and followed the same path (but with some different ports). It was lovely but the weather is already very hot and humid so be prepared.

Any special shore excursions planned?

Hi Cynthia:) I am doing all my tours through the cruiseline. I went with them last year and was very pleased.

The amount of passengers on this ship is small (around 400) so the tours are smaller too.:)

Thanks for the weather tip. Cotton!!!! It is breathable. :)

Hope you have a great trip! Will you be posting a review in the Silversea forum?

Hi,:) I don't normally do them. I may check in but I doubt I will do a full "live review".

Hi Cynthia:) I am doing all my tours through the cruiseline. I went with them last year and was very pleased.

The amount of passengers on this ship is small (around 400) so the tours are smaller too.:)

Thanks for the weather tip. Cotton!!!! It is breathable. :)

Yes, cotton is definitely your friend at this time of year. Be careful in the sun!

I was just on Aegean Odyssey (350 pax) so I totally understand about Silversea. Love the smaller ships.

Lois, it sounds like a lovely cruise. Venice is beautiful and I know you will love it. -- Florence is still my favorite Italian city. I retired in November and I moved to Valencia, Spain in April. My schedule is somewhat flexible so I can look for last minute (inexpensive) cruises once I get completely settled here. I have a small dog, Elf, (14yo) and he is the only one I need to work around in terms of scheduling.

I'll have to check out Silversea. Enjoy your cruise! I'm looking forward to your review.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Lois, it sounds like a lovely cruise. Venice is beautiful and I know you will love it. -- Florence is still my favorite Italian city. I retired in November and I moved to Valencia, Spain in April. My schedule is somewhat flexible so I can look for last minute (inexpensive) cruises once I get completely settled here. I have a small dog, Elf, (14yo) and he is the only one I need to work around in terms of scheduling.

I'll have to check out Silversea. Enjoy your cruise! I'm looking forward to your review.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Hi Tess:)........good to see you! You moved to Spain? Sounds exciting:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lois

I'm doing pretty much the same cruise as you but in reverse in August .. I will look forward to your review and any comments on shore excursions .... it's going to be hot!!

Lois, Just wondering if you are going to spend a couple of days pre-cruise exploring Venice before your departure? I am still jealous of you for this trip. Neil

Hi Neil:)…….yes, I arrive in Venice on Sunday morning and my cruise is on Tuesday.

Hi Lois

I'm doing pretty much the same cruise as you but in reverse in August .. I will look forward to your review and any comments on shore excursions .... it's going to be hot!!

Hi, I have been checking the weather for next week....I am lucky, it will only be in the 80s and low humidity!:D

Hi Neil:)…….yes, I arrive in Venice on Sunday morning and my cruise is on Tuesday.

Lois, I am glad to hear that you will have some time to explore Venice before your cruise leaves. I think you will enjoy it, I know I did when I was there. Venice is fairly easy to wander around in. I got lost a couple of times but just kept wandering until I found someplace I recognized. The only island I toured was Burano with its lace shops. I didn't buy anything but the brightly colored houses kind of reminded me of some of the southern Caribbean islands.

I hope you have a great trip. Bon Voyage Lois

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
Lois, Just checking in to see how your trip went. Did you enjoy this cruise as much as your last Silverseas Cruise? Neil

Hi Neil, just home from the cruise (late last night)……...yes, I loved it:D…..Venice, Sicily, Dubrovnik, all of it...….

I can post more later but suffice to say, I love Italy:D

Lois, Glad you had a great trip. I agree, Italy is one of my favorite places as well. Let us know if you post a cruise review on the Silverseas thread as I don't follow that one. Neil

Hi Neil, I may post some thoughts but I doubt I will be writing a full review. I had some "back to reality" issues yesterday though.....started doing laundry and my washer broke:eek:…...clothes washed but the rinse and spin cycles did not work.:( Luckly I have a great sister who lives near me and she offered up her machine for me to finish up my stuff in and then I had to go buy a new washer......getting a Maytag and it will be delivered on Saturday.