Tipping for good service

Well said

So you think you have paid something but dont know much.

Don't you think the staff would know if they had been paid something and how much.

Just wish someone would come up with some figures to prove me wrong.

In case people are wondering im very pro proper tips, i just hate seeing the staff getting stiffed because people think they have already paid them something.

So you think you have paid something but dont know much.

Don't you think the staff would know if they had been paid something and how much.

Just wish someone would come up with some figures to prove me wrong.

In case people are wondering im very pro proper tips, i just hate seeing the staff getting stiffed because people think they have already paid them something.

They are being paid wages which is none of my business how much they get or how they get it- considering most give extra tips, who are the people that think they have already paid?

We all know about the marketing jargon cruise lines use - let it go over your head and enjoy your cruise rather than getting stressed about how people get paid or what its called - it really doesn't matter. If you don't like something then do something else.

As Pensioncruiser said " I'm out of this post"

"They are being paid wages which is none of my business how much they get or how they get it- considering most give extra tips, who are the people that think they have already paid?"

Its suprising how few tips they actually get,

It seems most on here think the have already paid.

"We all know about the marketing jargon cruise lines use"

They never lie though LOL

Im not stressed ,i dont like seeing my friends get stiffed.

TBH we just did our first cruise. We paid the asking price for it and totally ignored the tips included spiel.

As in any hotel we visit, we tipped the staff that looked after us or gave what we considered to be great service. In this age of forceful advertising where every company is trying to get one over on each other, I don’t think most people would withold a tip simply because they think they have already paid them.

I drove a taxi for a few years and there are tippers and non tippers. The drivers all knew who was which as I’m sure the crew do.

TBH we just did our first cruise. We paid the asking price for it and totally ignored the tips included spiel.

As in any hotel we visit, we tipped the staff that looked after us or gave what we considered to be great service. In this age of forceful advertising where every company is trying to get one over on each other, I don’t think most people would withold a tip simply because they think they have already paid them.

I drove a taxi for a few years and there are tippers and non tippers. The drivers all knew who was which as I’m sure the crew do.

Welcome to the club Bill ,glad you played the game as it should and was not taken in by the hype even though it was your first (hopefully one of many) cruise.

Hi Bill.

Have used a local mini cab company for years and from a passengers point of view I have always tipped the driver a couple of quid, once the drivers/ controllers know that there will be a tip paid on my trips it cuts out the “we are very busy at the moment and your car will be thirty mins” conversations into “your car is on it’s way” It’s a means to an end and I appreciate that I am getting perhaps a little bit better service because the driver knows that my trip is financially more attractive to him.

Similarly when we are a on cruise we build a rapport with the bar waiter/Waitress, room cleaners etc and they know that they will get a little something at the end of the trip. Obviously you can’t tip everyone that works on the ship but if you leave something to the ships staff fund at reception it makes you feel better that the whole crew will benefit a little. In conclusion I find that Marella staff are pretty much happy with there lot so if you do tip it’s looked on as an added bonus.

Keep well.

Edited by Brummijam
spelling

Hi Bill.

Have used a local mini cab company for years and from a passengers point of view I have always tipped the driver a couple of quid, once the drivers/ controllers know that there will be a tip paid on my trips it cuts out the “we are very busy at the moment and your car will be thirty mins” conversations into “your car is on it’s way” It’s a means to an end and I appreciate that I am getting perhaps a little bit better service because the driver knows that my trip is financially more attractive to him.

Similarly when we are a on cruise we build a rapport with the bar waiter/Waitress, room cleaners etc and they know that they will get a little something at the end of the trip. Obviously you can’t tip everyone that works on the ship but if you leave something to the ships staff fund at reception it makes you feel better that the whole crew will benefit a little. In conclusion I find that Marella staff are pretty much happy with there lot so if you do tip it’s looked on as an added bonus.

Keep well.

Hi, I agree you couldn’t tip every one of them, but as in any holiday, some of the staff stand out from others by going that extra mile. Of course we tipped our cabin stewards and our waiters in the compass rose, but I’m referring more to the deck waiters, some of whom had a happy smiling attitude the whole time whilst others just did the job. I know you’re getting the same service, but some of them just make you feel good.

Hi, I agree you couldn’t tip every one of them, but as in any holiday, some of the staff stand out from others by going that extra mile. Of course we tipped our cabin stewards and our waiters in the compass rose, but I’m referring more to the deck waiters, some of whom had a happy smiling attitude the whole time whilst others just did the job. I know you’re getting the same service, but some of them just make you feel good.

Which is why Marella tipping is the correct tipping, for extra service over and above what is required for the job

What do you do if everyone makes you feel good?

We have always paid the set gratuities on other lines and then, as we had set dining, gave a small tip at the end to our waiters and cabin staff.

It is difficult when you are served by several waiters, who are all in the business of ensuring you have an enjoyable holiday.

I think it good that the gratuities are included in the overall price as Marella does.