Cabin service

crusing4fun

Hi Its been a few years since our last cruise. We are booked on the Dream in September. I have been reading the reviews that say Carnival only has one cleaning per day now. So, is there still a turn down service with towel animal? That is my favorite. We love coming in at night to the cabin ready for bed. Also, are the robes still in the balcony cabins? Thank you

I request twice a day and ice daily. But on my last cruise I got a bit of whining by my room steward about how busy it made him and how difficult doing my room twice a day would be for him. I did not change my mind. I was somewhat put off by his attitude. However, I must admit as usual on Carnival the service was great!

I request twice a day and ice daily. But on my last cruise I got a bit of whining by my room steward about how busy it made him and how difficult doing my room twice a day would be for him. I did not change my mind. I was somewhat put off by his attitude. However, I must admit as usual on Carnival the service was great!

I really want both and I hope I don’t get the whine...any good tips/practices for handling the whine and still getting what you want. Leaving Sunday and traveling with my 11yo and without my husband (who’s much better at these types of things). Should I have $ ready...how much?

Hi Its been a few years since our last cruise. We are booked on the Dream in September. I have been reading the reviews that say Carnival only has one cleaning per day now. So, is there still a turn down service with towel animal? That is my favorite. We love coming in at night to the cabin ready for bed. Also, are the robes still in the balcony cabins? Thank you

You get to choose 1x, or 2x.

Maybe he just had a little gas.

I really want both and I hope I don’t get the whine...any good tips/practices for handling the whine and still getting what you want. Leaving Sunday and traveling with my 11yo and without my husband (who’s much better at these types of things). Should I have $ ready...how much?
I sure wouldn't want to give extra gratuities to someone just to get them to do their job.

If they are complaining about doing their job they should take it up with their employer.

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Their job is to clean your stateroom, not cater to your every whim. If you want them to go above and beyond and fulfill your every desire then yes, you should tip extra to ensure you get the service you want. These people work hours that would not be legal in the US with an insane workload, and you should not take advantage of them. If it was their job to clean every stateroom twice daily, Carnival would not be giving them the option of cleaning once. Logistically, it doesn’t work out. If you’re going to insist on twice daily then I would tip at least $20 in addition to prepaid grats. I tip this and tell the steward to clean whenever is most convenient for him. I’ve always gotten excellent service. First world problems.

Their job is to clean your stateroom, not cater to your every whim. If you want them to go above and beyond and fulfill your every desire then yes, you should tip extra to ensure you get the service you want. These people work hours that would not be legal in the US with an insane workload, and you should not take advantage of them. If it was their job to clean every stateroom twice daily, Carnival would not be giving them the option of cleaning once. Logistically, it doesn’t work out. If you’re going to insist on twice daily then I would tip at least $20 in addition to prepaid grats. I tip this and tell the steward to clean whenever is most convenient for him. I’ve always gotten excellent service. First world problems.

Thank you rsaladin. I concur re the first world problem, but it is my one vaca and it is what I would like to have a relaxing vaca. We typically tip in cash above the prepaid gratuities on the last day. I think giving a $20 up front as you suggested is a great idea. I’ll likely give another $20 or more on the last day too. Thanks again.