I watched the Splendor sail away & came home&booked cabin

Hi-I booked a family cruise for 3/30/19 on Splendor after we found out that we would embark at Long Beach....but that's so far away.

With no summer vacations plans I decided to look at availability for July of this year and saw the cruise we wanted was almost sold out :( 5 cabins left in the area/price cat we like.

Cut to 430pm-Its been a beautiful day in Long Beach, we walked outside and there she was, the Splendor pulling out of her berth, setting sail for beautiful Mexico for 7 fun filled days and nites....

I'm so happy to see such a lovely ship but so sad it would be over 300 days til we set sail on her, we watched til she disappeared into the horizon.

At 415pm, 5 cabins left in desired area-went outside and watched ship, went back online at 530pm-3 cabins left, I grabbed the one we wanted. Seeing her sail off did it for sure.

Yeah, we really need a vacation and so happy we don't have to wait til 3/2109.

Liz in Long Beach

1st Carnival Cruise-7/21/18:cool:

2nd Carnival Cruise with family 3/30/19

25+prev cruises with P&O, Princess & NCL

I have not seen the Splendor sail away from the dock, but aboard a couple of times. It is a wonderful ship. Nice and wide. Plenty of space to hang with a crowd, and to be alone if that is your desire. The food is really good, and the Steakhouse is equal to any on land. The spa is even better than the one on the freshly minted Horizon. The warm nights cruising Mexican waters are made from dreams. The crew is ready to make sure you have a good time. Even the Dome has been remodeled to make the fun start at the curb. Have a great time. We take a short cruise in July, and will be on Splendor in October when the kids are back in school.

You’ll be getting off the day I get on! I’ll be on the 7/28/18 sailing, booked it like 2 weeks ago! I went on a cruise back in March on the Allure of the Seas, and usually I only cruise every spring break, but just like you, I couldn’t wait a whole year for another cruise either! Luckily, I only live about an hour away from LB so no flying for this one, which I’m happy about. This’ll be cruise #6 for me [emoji16]. I’ve been wanting to sail on Splendor ever since I was a kid, I remember seeing her back in Long Beach back in 2011 and thought, “one day I’m going to go on that ship” and head I am, Super excited with only 62 days left to go until it’s my turn [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a round trip Hawaii in Feb....I have done it before and love it!! But this cruise was sad....the weather was awful....cold & windy and sometimes rain....the islands were great....but not the crossing.....AND...I had a relapse of my flu. So all in all, I made the best of a sad situation. But--I am now booked for a SPLENDOR cruise!! My do-over of sorts! I want warm and to be outside!! I am treating myself to an extended aft cabin!! It's in November and I can hardly wait for warm seas :) :)

So when I booked int cabin, Costco site went down & lost orig cabin but was able to complete the book with the new cabin just 2 doors down. Thru Costco, travelguard insur that was so very affordable plus a $120 Costco cash card :) Win win

Cut to this am & looking over available cabins left. I noticed that all the cabins at the aft on Main deck were still available & it appeared only slightly more $ than int cabs. These are oceanview windows.

For $50 more each we switched our interior cabin to 2477 which is aft w/large windows. The cabin appears to be larger than some others, odd shape as its at the very corner/stern.

For $100 total, I moved us to this cabin. I know the dining room is above us, but in reading reviews, a bit of chair noise wont bother us and we love the aft location & esp having the natural sunlite and windows.

We are tying to do this cruise on a budget, but I couldn't turn this down and I'm happy I called Costco & made the switch.

Has anyone stayed on the main deck in these aft cabins & if so, what was your impression?

Thanks much

Liz in Long Beach

• 2 months later...
Hi-I booked a family cruise for 3/30/19 on Splendor after we found out that we would embark at Long Beach....but that's so far away.

With no summer vacations plans I decided to look at availability for July of this year and saw the cruise we wanted was almost sold out :( 5 cabins left in the area/price cat we like.

Cut to 430pm-Its been a beautiful day in Long Beach, we walked outside and there she was, the Splendor pulling out of her berth, setting sail for beautiful Mexico for 7 fun filled days and nites....

I'm so happy to see such a lovely ship but so sad it would be over 300 days til we set sail on her, we watched til she disappeared into the horizon.

At 415pm, 5 cabins left in desired area-went outside and watched ship, went back online at 530pm-3 cabins left, I grabbed the one we wanted. Seeing her sail off did it for sure.

Yeah, we really need a vacation and so happy we don't have to wait til 3/2109.

Liz in Long Beach

1st Carnival Cruise-7/21/18:cool:

2nd Carnival Cruise with family 3/30/19

25+prev cruises with P&O, Princess & NCL

I will be on that cruise too!! I will be with my daughter and grandson :)

[quote name=Lizzybell1960;5616708 I know the dining room is above us..

Has anyone stayed on the main deck in these aft cabins & if so' date=' what was your impression?

Thanks much

Liz in Long Beach[/quote]

I haven't been on that ship or in that particular cabin on any ship, but I have been under the dining room on deck 2.

It's extremely quiet. The MDR is carpeted and it's empty after about 10:00 pm. We never heard a peep.

You may experience some shuddering going into port. It never bothered me.

Not been on Splendor but on sister ships several times. You will absolutely be spoiled after being in 2477. It is big enough to swing a dead cat and not hit anything! Enjoy!!:)

I didn't think the Splendor had any sister ships...