How do you carry your sign and sail card?

kheilmann

Yeah, if you are ON THE SHIP isn't it assumed that you are a tourist? I really don't get it. Do you actually judge people because of the way they carry their cards? I'm a pretty experienced cruiser and I carry mine on a lanyard. So what?

My hubby and I wear ours all the time when on the ship. I don’t understand what’s wrong with wearing one? I don’t think it’s embarrassing one single bit.

Call me a tourist but after 25 plus cruises during the day I use a lanyard. My swimsuits and coverups do not have pockets. 🤣

It works for me and I’ve never lost my card or my childrens card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gamecockinnc

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I'm repeating what others have already said. But first of all, who cares if someone wears a lanyard? Really? You are going to judge somebody for that? Who cares? Wear your SS card as an earring for all I care. ;)

Personally, I have a small cross body bag that I take on every cruise. Usually I carry a fairly large handbag, but I don't need that on a cruise. However I do like to carry a small purse that is just large enough to fit my phone (for photos!), a chapstick because the windy decks often cause me to have chapped lips, and my SS card. That is all I need on board.

Unfortunately, womens' clothing often lacks usable pockets. Some of my clothes even have fake pockets. (Ladies, you know what I am talking about.) Lacking pockets, the small cross body bag is lightweight and easy.

• Like 1

Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I'm repeating what others have already said. But first of all, who cares if someone wears a lanyard? Really? You are going to judge somebody for that? Who cares? Wear your SS card as an earring for all I care. ;)

Personally, I have a small cross body bag that I take on every cruise. Usually I carry a fairly large handbag, but I don't need that on a cruise. However I do like to carry a small purse that is just large enough to fit my phone (for photos!), a chapstick because the windy decks often cause me to have chapped lips, and my SS card. That is all I need on board.

Unfortunately, womens' clothing often lacks usable pockets. Some of my clothes even have fake pockets. (Ladies, you know what I am talking about.) Lacking pockets, the small cross body bag is lightweight and easy.

This is a really good idea. In Cuba last year, a woman on the ship said she put her phone (wallet style case containing her license, credit cards, money, room key, etc.) down on a table to 'hold' the table at a bar in Havana. She, boyfriend and several others went to the bar, ordered drinks and came back and .... OMG her phone was gone! Well, OF COURSE it was!

A crossbody bag with enough room for your cell phone is really smart.

When I first started cruising, my S&S card was on a lanyard around my neck. Later, it was still on a lanyard, but the lanyard was attached to my shorts and the card was in my pocket. Last cruise, I ditched the lanyard and just carried the card in my pocket. So far, the cordless card in my pocket has worked best for me.

By the way, changing my carrying method had nothing to do with what people thought or said, but was just my personal journey of discovery. Folks that allow themselves to be offended by lanyard-wearing cruisers are in dire need of an emotional support yak.

When I first started cruising, my S&S card was on a lanyard around my neck. Later, it was still on a lanyard, but the lanyard was attached to my shorts and the card was in my pocket. Last cruise, I ditched the lanyard and just carried the card in my pocket. So far, the cordless card in my pocket has worked best for me.

By the way, changing my carrying method had nothing to do with what people thought or said, but was just my personal journey of discovery. Folks that allow themselves to be offended by lanyard-wearing cruisers are in dire need of an emotional support yak.

John? Is that you?

The question is not how I wear my card but should be how to you want to wear your card??? That is really all that matters. Which way is best for you, lanyard, pocket, purse, or carry it in your teeth! Don't worry about anyone else, it is your vacation so do want is most comfortable/useful to you.

It is getting really sad to read all the crap about how someone "displays" their card.

• 3 months later...

I just bought a lanyard necklace! I haven't used it yet (cruising in 12 days) but I luv it already. I always wear a lanyard during the day, put it in my purse for dinner and pictures and the it goes back around my neck when I change into my after dinner clothes. The hardest thing for me is not remembering where I set it down when I get back to my cabin at 2 am!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

My hubby and I wear ours all the time when on the ship. I don’t understand what’s wrong with wearing one? I don’t think it’s embarrassing one single bit.

Some people think if you use a lanyard you're advertising your "status" especially if you're a Plat or Diamond. Personally, although I don't use a lanyard, I can certainly understand why some do. You'll never leave it on a table in a bar or otherwise misplace it.

Question for experienced cruisers? How do you carry your sign and sail card? Do they provide some kind of lanyard with card holder? Or do people put them in their wallets? I'm imagining wanting to wander around the ship without a purse, and my kids don't usually carry wallets, so how do people keep their cards on them? Actually, because our room reservations don't match where we will actually be sleeping, both my oldest son and I are going to have to carry two cards with us -- one for charging and one for access to the room we are sleeping in. So double the consideration. ;-)

I used to use a lanyard but now I have a nifty little over the shoulder purse that is really small and holds my cell phone and my S&S card, I love having the Carnival hub app for reference when out and about.

In my pocket or beach bag. Lanyards are tacky especially on elegant night. Never see people at beach resorts inclusive or not with lanyards. I don't get the purpose when they're not used in other resorts or hotels while on vacation.

In my pocket or beach bag. Lanyards are tacky especially on elegant night. Never see people at beach resorts inclusive or not with lanyards. I don't get the purpose when they're not used in other resorts or hotels while on vacation.

The only time I didn't have mine in a lanyard but in my pocket, I lost it. Most of my summer clothes or swimsuits don't have pockets, and I'm not carrying a purse or a beach bag around the ship with me. That being said, I don't wear it to the dining room ... then my husband will have a pocket to keep it. I don't wear it in port, either, because I do carry a beach bag there.

When I've been at an all-inclusive or hotel, I really don't remember having to use my room key to sign for drinks and everything else I wanted to purchase while there, so I wouldn't always need convenient access to it.

When I've been at an all-inclusive or hotel, I really don't remember having to use my room key to sign for drinks and everything else I wanted to purchase while there, so I wouldn't always need convenient access to it.

To each their own. I still don't get where you would keep your cash or credit card at a hotel or resort and why people can't do the same on a ship. You have to pay somehow whether on a ship, beach resort, or hotel. I don't mind lanyards to a degree but again I just don't get the reason.

Oh darn Dog-On-It..

Only one ship, actually the only Oceanliner, The QM@ 2 has kennels aboard now numbering 24. Cats have to book two kennels but tthey allow two cats in the one and the liter box in ythe other.

Our Award Winning La Gotto Romagnolo carried our Sign and Sail cards on our Lanyards from ************* DOTCOM

This breed dates from Cleopatra, Marc Anthony, Caesars time and is where all poodles come from.

They hunt that wonderful Black as well White Truffle..