Carnival Check in Times for Platinum

LuckyZ

So we cruise in June out of Port Canaveral for the 1st since they introduced check in Times.

We are Platinum but when my wife went into the system, it asked her to select from a series of check in Times and she chose the earliest option of 11:30 to 12.

My question is if we’re Platinum, can we show up earlier than 11:30? Are we really being held to the 11:30 to 12 slot? Why would we be asked for a check in time if we’re Platinum ?

Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Eeryone gets a check in time but as platinum, you can ignore it and arrive when you want. It's a long algorithm but suffice to say, it aims to avoid the long lines of impatient guests trying to get onboard at 1030. Say there are 700 diamond/platinum onboard and they are just told to arrive any time, and all decide they want to get on by 1100. There are a fixed number of assignments for every time slot. If they do not use those early slots for the d/p guests, they will show up at 1100 along with 700 regular passengers, and the long lines will continue. I've probably not explained it very well, but I hope you get the idea. EM

If you are looking to board as early as possible, arrive around 1130am ( you can arrive anytime you like ).The check in time is needed to complete your documents. It has no bearing on when you check in.You can leave it blank and one will be assigned to you. You will love the procedures. Priority check in moves quickly. When you enter the terminal you will be asked to show your boarding pass with priority on it, Then you will be guided to the priority check in line. If all goes well you will be checked in in about 15 minutes or so. Then you will go to the priority or regular lounge area, your choice. Here you will wait for the boarding announcements to be made. First to board are weddings, then the diamond and platinums will be called. You will be on board 10 minutes after you are called. We arrive around the first check in time and are always on board within an hour. With check in starting at1130am, you will probably be on board around 1230pm. You can arrive prior to the first check in time but you will wait outside until they open the terminal and begin check in. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

As long as you are Platinum or higher just show up as early as you want. You will be allowed to board as soon as they clear the ship and start to load passengers. Just so you don't wait to long though, i would not show up before 10:00- 10:30.

The last cruise we took we ended up buying FTTF for my sisters cabin so we didn't need the early slot that we originally picked. I tried to go back in and pick a later time so that someone else could get the earlier one but it wouldn't let me. Next time I will not pick a slot for myself (I am platinum) and if my other family purchase FTTF, I will try to leave those preferred earlier slots for someone else. FTTF was sold out for my cousin when she tried to get it a few weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 7 months later...

I am Platinum, was given a late time slot, can I go early? Seems they have taken away the advantage of getting on first. Has anyone showed up earlier then their given time slot and got on being Platinum or Diamond? whats the deal with this? got to purchase FTTF now or what?

Edited by jacquelyn21

Our boarding pass now doesn't say "Platinum" anymore, but just has a sign that says "Priority" in the upper left corner.

Same thing?

Thanks

Mine has the "Priority" symbol but it also says Platinum in the upper right corner right after the VIFP#, right below the bar code.

The last cruise we took we ended up buying FTTF for my sisters cabin so we didn't need the early slot that we originally picked. I tried to go back in and pick a later time so that someone else could get the earlier one but it wouldn't let me. Next time I will not pick a slot for myself (I am platinum) and if my other family purchase FTTF, I will try to leave those preferred earlier slots for someone else. FTTF was sold out for my cousin when she tried to get it a few weeks later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. Even with priority you should pick the time that most reflects the time you think you will arrive at the terminal. The arrival appointments are there not only to cut down on traffic coming into the terminal area, but that the terminal can more efficiently designate where personnel should be allotted or if breaks should be taken then. If even a good percent of priority puts downs for a late arrival but shows up for the earliest slot then they are defeating the process of streamlining the parking/drop-off and check-in for all passengers.

If you think about it an average ship holds close to 3,000 passengers at double occupancy. As an example let's say a terminal offers 8 x 1/2 hour time slots, that means they are allowing about 375-400 people to arrive during each time frame, so they schedule personel accordingly. Additionally they know that many priority passengers will arrive earlier than general boarding passengers, so more are assigned to the priority priority line. If too many priority passengers "give-up" their approximate true arrival appointment to allow general boarding passengers a better time slot, they are now creating a bottleneck at the general check-in counter which might be undermanned because you still have priority passengers arriving early and to keep the priority line small more personnel are assigned there.

So we cruise in June out of Port Canaveral for the 1st since they introduced check in Times.

We are Platinum but when my wife went into the system, it asked her to select from a series of check in Times and she chose the earliest option of 11:30 to 12.

My question is if we’re Platinum, can we show up earlier than 11:30? Are we really being held to the 11:30 to 12 slot? Why would we be asked for a check in time if we’re Platinum ?

Any help appreciated

Pick a time and go when you want. Who cares why they do it that way.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. Even with priority you should pick the time that most reflects the time you think you will arrive at the terminal. The arrival appointments are there not only to cut down on traffic coming into the terminal area, but that the terminal can more efficiently designate where personnel should be allotted or if breaks should be taken then. If even a good percent of priority puts downs for a late arrival but shows up for the earliest slot then they are defeating the process of streamlining the parking/drop-off and check-in for all passengers.

If you think about it an average ship holds close to 3,000 passengers at double occupancy. As an example let's say a terminal offers 8 x 1/2 hour time slots, that means they are allowing about 375-400 people to arrive during each time frame, so they schedule personel accordingly. Additionally they know that many priority passengers will arrive earlier than general boarding passengers, so more are assigned to the priority priority line. If too many priority passengers "give-up" their approximate true arrival appointment to allow general boarding passengers a better time slot, they are now creating a bottleneck at the general check-in counter which might be undermanned because you still have priority passengers arriving early and to keep the priority line small more personnel are assigned there.

Then add priority passengers trying to sneak their friends and family in non-priority cabins into priority check-in, and the problem is further exacerbated.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

I am Platinum, was given a late time slot, can I go early? Seems they have taken away the advantage of getting on first. Has anyone showed up earlier then their given time slot and got on being Platinum or Diamond? whats the deal with this? got to purchase FTTF now or what?

Relax. Go when you want. Take a look at the FAQ page and you will see we can check-in anytime. We board right after weddings and diamond.

Why not show up at 11:00 am and enjoy a nearly empty ship when you board?

Any help appreciated

Yes you can.

The time that people arrive at the port are very consistent, regardless of what the check in times are. Most arrive between 11and 1, then 1-2, then 10-11, then after 2.... 60 percent between 11 and 1, for your reference. Breaks aren't determined by those check in times, it's based on knowledge gained by doing this day after day after day.

The time that people arrive at the port are very consistent, regardless of what the check in times are. Most arrive between 11and 1, then 1-2, then 10-11, then after 2.... 60 percent between 11 and 1, for your reference.

You seem very certain with your 60% statistician analysis breakdown. How did you arrive at that percentage? Why not 53% while pulling numbers out of your.........

:rolleyes: ;p :rolleyes: ;p

Edited by ObstructedView2

Any help appreciated

As soon as the ship is cleared to board, Wedding groups go first, Diamonds go next, then Platinums, then FTTF, then etc...! So it all depends on when the ship is cleared! Some past cruisers just won't GTFO!;p

The time that people arrive at the port are very consistent, regardless of what the check in times are. Most arrive between 11and 1, then 1-2, then 10-11, then after 2.... 60 percent between 11 and 1, for your reference. Breaks aren't determined by those check in times, it's based on knowledge gained by doing this day after day after day.

This is why they assign a certain # of check-in times for each time slot. To try to spread things out.

Pat