OMG!!! Another cutback!!! I'm devastated (JK)!

LCTXcruiser

I had to post after hearing about J. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but I have to admit, I didn't look too hard;p).

It got me to thinking about all the people who are constantly complaining about the cutbacks. I don't know about ya'll, but I can live without the chocolates, table cloths, "ships/stick" etc. The one thing I never see mentioned is all the upgrades that have been done.

So with that said.... how about a positive post for once! :D

Name your favorite upgrade you've seen on the ships. I'll start it off ..... Guys Burgers!!!! Absolutely love them!!

I had to post after hearing about J. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but I have to admit, I didn't look too hard;p).

It got me to thinking about all the people who are constantly complaining about the cutbacks. I don't know about ya'll, but I can live without the chocolates, table cloths, "ships/stick" etc. The one thing I never see mentioned is all the upgrades that have been done.

Name your favorite upgrade you've seen on the ships. I'll start it off ..... Guys Burgers!!!! Absolutely love them!!

Guy's burger is an upgrade?? They are the greasiest and worst burgers at sea . Upgrade lol

Guy's burger is an upgrade?? They are the greasiest and worst burgers at sea . Upgrade lol

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean most people don’t love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise was on the Carnival Holiday in 1992 and there is so much more that the ships offer now. One of my favorite changes is the numerous food options. Years ago it was MDR, Lido, or room service. Love all the options now!

The Hub app is my favorite upgrade. Being able to message my family, purchase pictures, look at the interactive ships map, see what daily events are going on, and check my account all on my phone is so nice. Because of this app I no longer have to lug around the ships map and the fun times, which I always set down somewhere and lost. Just skipping having to go through hundreds of pictures to find mine makes this app one of my all time favorite upgrades. :D

Reporting a supposed cutback and then asking for positive comments is contradictory at best. The OP may not care about ships on a stick, and nor do I, but I'm sure there are many who feel differently. Saying something is unimportant because it doesn't affect you doesn't necessarily make it not a cutback. For example, I couldn't care less about the Deli, but many do. If Carnival did away with it I'm sure there would be a huge uproar, even though I might not even notice it. Same thing in regard to chocolates on the pillow, table clothes, whatever.

My first cruise was on the Carnival Holiday in 1992 and there is so much more that the ships offer now. One of my favorite changes is the numerous food options. Years ago it was MDR, Lido, or room service. Love all the options now!

Ditto. The people that complain about cutbacks never recognize that there have been as many, if not more, upgrades.

I think Guys Burgers are delicious but in no way are they an upgrade. I’d rather have the old grill that let you have burgers/fries AND chicken sandwiches, steak sandwiches, chicken fingers and nachos. I applaud Carnival’s marketing team for fooling people into thinking it was an upgrade though. The same way they tried to convince us this new pizza place with literally like three toppings is an “upgrade”.

I can’t think of anything that has been upgraded. “Upgrade” means taking something old and making it better. There are some new additions I enjoy but upgrades? They don’t exist.

I don't think John ever said that as I browse his page often. I remember a couple of weeks ago or so he had a live video titled something along the lines of no more ships on sticks or something like that. But, it was simply addressing a customer's letter asking for Carnival to change to some other prize. John said in the video that ships on sticks would continue to be given as normal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Forums mobile app

I think Guys Burgers are delicious but in no way are they an upgrade. I’d rather have the old grill that let you have burgers/fries AND chicken sandwiches, steak sandwiches, chicken fingers and nachos. I applaud Carnival’s marketing team for fooling people into thinking it was an upgrade though. The same way they tried to convince us this new pizza place with literally like three toppings is an “upgrade”.

I can’t think of anything that has been upgraded. “Upgrade” means taking something old and making it better. There are some new additions I enjoy but upgrades? They don’t exist.

The variety of the old grill was much better and prior to Guy's Burger Joint, it offered the opportunity for more options being provided during their Late Night Snacks. I'd much rather have the grill options on another cruise line than bother with Guy's Burger Joint.

Totally disagree! The ARE the best burgers at sea. Why else would there be the longest lines on the ship waiting for one?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Because it's located right next to the Lido pool and it's all that's offered as far as burgers go. People on Carnival are starving for any form of entertainment......explains why you'll see 150 people encircled around a "bean bag toss" tournament.

I like Guys veggie burgers. I was not real fond of my first cruise with carnival and did not see myself ever trying it again until I was on NCL. With carnival, there was food I could/would eat (I am a plant based veggie) between guys and the Catina I could find food, not so lucky with NCL. I canceled my Alaskan cruise with NCL and switched back to Carnival Just because of Guys.

Like guys burgers but sure do miss the chicken fingers.

They have had upgrades but too me the cutbacks have outwayed them.

Wow, nice try for trying to get a positive thread going OP, but haters gotta hate, complainers gotta complain. I personally love the sushi place. I won’t miss the ships on a stick at all should they actually go away. I don’t need more tchotchkes to dust. How about a prize a a free coffee drink instead?![emoji16]