Onboard Hair Salon

heliman

• 7 years later...
Hi

I have the Spa and Hair Salon Price List on our website.

I scanned it in as a pdf so it takes a few seconds to load...

There's a bunch of other info that you might find helpful too!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/AzamaraClubCruisesInfo.html

Buon Viaggio

K.

That link just goes to a page about Passport stamps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It a 50/50 shot if they are good or not. Same with nails. I hAd some good ones and some not so good. I bring my own color and it always lighter than at home. They do nit put enough color in the bowl. Since Nada left the spa on Quest I not seen anyone who can compare. JR I just hope fir the best,

Had a wash and blow dry on Quest this week and having another one tomorrow. It cost $69 and I was perfectly happy with my hair but it's very easy to style. My friend, on the other hand thought her's looked terrible. She went to see the Spa Manager and got a refund and a different hairdresser to do her hair again. She was reasonably happy with that attempt. She has just gone back again....we shall see! 😱

Had a wash and blow dry on Quest this week and having another one tomorrow. It cost $69 and I was perfectly happy with my hair but it's very easy to style. My friend, on the other hand thought her's looked terrible. She went to see the Spa Manager and got a refund and a different hairdresser to do her hair again. She was reasonably happy with that attempt. She has just gone back again....we shall see! 😱

Yikes, that's pricey. Could you find out what a blow out costs - just the blow out, not the wash? Thanks so much for the help!

Yikes, that's pricey. Could you find out what a blow out costs - just the blow out, not the wash? Thanks so much for the help!

I am going again tomorrow morning. I will ask for you. Must say that they did a good job on my friends hair this evening. It looks very nice.

I am currently on Quest and am pretty unimpressed with the onboard hairdressers. I have tried them both - one is marginally less terrible than the other. Was surprised that when I requested they use a smaller brush for part of my hair was told they didn’t have one. Fortunately we are calling at Valencia and Alcudia where I am going to Palma in part to revisit a wonderful hairdresser who will do my hair beautifully for a third of the price charged by Azamara.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a Keratin blow out onboard but apparently you have to do the hair wash as well. It costs $149 I think, but they often have reductions for the process on port days to $99.

There is a Keratin blow out onboard but apparently you have to do the hair wash as well. It costs $149 I think, but they often have reductions for the process on port days to $99.

Well, this is one of the reasons why I do not use the hair dressers on board. Those prices are not good value. Others may disagree but this is my opinion. Not even the OBC would motivate me to pay those prices for wash and blow.

Well, this is one of the reasons why I do not use the hair dressers on board. Those prices are not good value. Others may disagree but this is my opinion. Not even the OBC would motivate me to pay those prices for wash and blow.

I think you have misunderstood Ivi. Those prices are NOT for a wash and blow dry but a special hair treatment with Keratin which is also expensive on land. A straightforward wash and blow dry is about $59-$69 depending on hair length. Still more expensive than on land of course.

I am currently on Quest and am pretty unimpressed with the onboard hairdressers. I have tried them both - one is marginally less terrible than the other. Was surprised that when I requested they use a smaller brush for part of my hair was told they didn’t have one. Fortunately we are calling at Valencia and Alcudia where I am going to Palma in part to revisit a wonderful hairdresser who will do my hair beautifully for a third of the price charged by Azamara.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use to wonder if Steiner hired the worse people they could find. I also had bad nail people. Yet, on some cruise lines I had very good Steiner people. Steiner runs many spas on many ships. Do to the fact I cruise so much I have to get it color at times I now bring my own color. Really sad who they bring on.

I think you have misunderstood Ivi. Those prices are NOT for a wash and blow dry but a special hair treatment with Keratin which is also expensive on land. A straightforward wash and blow dry is about $59-$69 depending on hair length. Still more expensive than on land of course.

Thanks for the explanation Lottie. You are right I misunderstood.

Anyhow, US 59 to US 69 it is very expensive for that service. I guess I will continue to do it myself. With my hair cut, I take no longer than 10 minutes to blow dry.

Ivi

Hairdressing onboard is never going to be priced like hairdressers on land. There is no competition for one thing.

Just came out of the hair salon on Quest and I am very pleased with my hair style, but as I said before, I have very easy hair to style. They did want to sell me a special hair conditioner at $50 for one treatment.... :eek: but I declined and just had the included conditioner. It looks fine.

Hairdressing onboard is never going to be priced like hairdressers on land. There is no competition for one thing.

Just came out of the hair salon on Quest and I am very pleased with my hair style, but as I said before, I have very easy hair to style. They did want to sell me a special hair conditioner at $50 for one treatment.... :eek: but I declined and just had the included conditioner. It looks fine.

I believe it is the Steiner way of training. I have been in several brands of ships that use Steiner. They all try to upsell . I always say no. I do not do my hair in the salon unless coloring and it seems to come out lighter than at home. I even bring my own products. Mostly looks ok. Ut I get mine done ASAP when home .

The scary part is some if the nail people . Outside of Nada abd one or two others they have no clue. One cut my skin she drifted off in space. That was a freebie,

I agree. I pay £25 for a cut and blow dry - that about $33 , and my hairdresser is quite expensive compared with others locally.

Wow! That's a DEAL!! I pay $50 US and that's really low compared to most in my area. Sounds like a good excuse to go to the UK again: "I have to - think of all the money I'm saving on my hair!" :D

Indeed. I pay £20 ($26.50) for a damp cut which I wash and blow dry at home afterwards. My hairdresser works from home so doesn’t have the overheads of a salon. Elsewhere it would cost double that.

I’m in the south of England of course. [emoji57]