Miami Hotel......Conrad or Hampton Brickell ???

zdad59

We were going to book the Hampton Inn for our Feb 2019 pre cruise stay about a month ago. For misc reasons we haven't booked yet. Now looking at booking today using our Chase card travel site, and the Conrad pops up for only 21,000 points per night. Hampton Inn is 23,000. Both a great deal considering on the Hilton Honors page they are 70,000 and 60,000 point respectively.

What are my experienced Miami cruiser friends thoughts? Conrad or Hampton? I'm thinking Conrad and save 2,000 points. Would love opinions before I hit the reserve button tonight.

TIA

Looks like all our friendly regulars who live in Brickell are away this weekend, so I'll take a shot.

The Conrad is at a very busy and noisy intersection. And certainly you won't get a room with a bay view for roughly the same cost as the Hampton. Hampton is an easier walk to shops and restaurants, and give you the free hot(-ish) serve-yourself breakfast. But the huge upgrade in fixtures and furnishings would sway me to the Conrad, view or no view. (Does your Chase card offer several points levels for the Conrad based on room location, or just 21,000 for run-of-house?)

Looks like all our friendly regulars who live in Brickell are away this weekend, so I'll take a shot.

The Conrad is at a very busy and noisy intersection. And certainly you won't get a room with a bay view for roughly the same cost as the Hampton. Hampton is an easier walk to shops and restaurants, and give you the free hot(-ish) serve-yourself breakfast. But the huge upgrade in fixtures and furnishings would sway me to the Conrad, view or no view. (Does your Chase card offer several points levels for the Conrad based on room location, or just 21,000 for run-of-house?)

Yes, there are different levels at the Conrad. View is not so important, as all rooms look a like with your eyes closed. :D

We stayed at Hampton Inn Brickell last summer. Right across the street from the Metromover for easy access to public transportation and to go all over town, walkable to local restaurants and grocery stores. Since we are HH members (we linked our HH# after booking) we received a drink voucher each and free WiFi, we also got a bag of snacks when we checked in. It was nice to have in the room at night. We also had the breakfast the morning before heading to the ship. We booked again this summer even though it was a bit more expensive than other hotels because we liked our stay so much!

We are looking at Hampton Brickell- 4 rooms for 4 couple

Any suggestions on transportation company to get all 8 plus luggage to ship? We have used private companies before but not in Miami.

Thanks!

The hotel has a shuttle to the port....$8pp I think.

Or use Uber...for about $8 total

Conrad is a higher end Hilton Hotel. While it has been 6 years since I myself stayed in either hotel, my son just stayed at the Hampton Inn this past November and our friends last fall so I have been in the rooms since then.

Conrad is a full service hotel, the Hampton Inn is a Hampton Inn though they do have a small bar. The are very close to each other. Conrad is a nicer hotel.

I do respectfully say that I have to disagree about the views. The Hampton Inn has absolutely no rooms with a bay view, zero!! The rooms face north or south and with all the large buildings around, that is what you will look at since it’s a short building in comparison to what is around it. The Conrad is right on Brickell AVe, however where it is on Brickell will be very quiet on the weekend.s

They are both be in walking distance to many restaurants so I wouldn't’ worry about that, they are such a short distance away.

Conrad is basically across the street to the Brickell stop of the metromover and there is a trolley stop right in front.

If it was me, I would grab the Conrad.

Any suggestions on transportation company to get all 8 plus luggage to ship? We have used private companies before but not in Miami.

Thanks!

It’s so close to the port that I’m not sure that I would bother with a private transportation company. Grab a couple of Ubers and you would be all set. Even 2 Uber XL’s would work.

I didn't mean to imply that there was any view from the Hampton Inn, just that knowing the huge price difference for bay view rooms at the Conrad a room running fewer points than the Hampton will certainly have no such view.

Anyway, sounds like I need to keep a better eye on deals from Chase Visa. After my two Alaska cruises I now have 14,000 points and was just going to cash out next week (after 5X points at Publix ends on the 30th). Might just wait for my next hotel stay.

I agree with Carolyn.

If you want a full service hotel go with Conrad Hilton.

The Hampton Inn would have the benefit of including breakfast and wine in the evening.

In terms of location both are in equal distance to shopping and restaurants and I would actually give Conrad Hilton a slight edge on this.

I too would go with Uber. Drive is about 15 minutes to port depending on time of day and day of week.

Keith

We stayed at the Hampton Brickell a couple of years ago and were very disappointed. Found the rooms small and walls thin. It was during a music festival and guests were coming in all hours of the night and the hallway was extremely noisy and we were woken up many times during the night. Also, unlike many hotels, they were very strict about check-in times-so no early check in.

We wouldn't stay their again despite it's very good location.

We stayed at the Hampton Brickell a couple of years ago and were very disappointed. Found the rooms small and walls thin. It was during a music festival and guests were coming in all hours of the night and the hallway was extremely noisy and we were woken up many times during the night. Also, unlike many hotels, they were very strict about check-in times-so no early check in.

We wouldn't stay their again despite it's very good location.

Guessing you were here during Ultra? CRAZY time here in town and since it ended so late and partying is very prevalent during this festival, it's crazy at hotels. The area is not normally like that, that's literally like the worst weekend in downtown/Brickell!!

Sorry it was no noisy for you.

Guessing you were here during Ultra? CRAZY time here in town and since it ended so late and partying is very prevalent during this festival, it's crazy at hotels. The area is not normally like that, that's literally like the worst weekend in downtown/Brickell!!

Sorry it was no noisy for you.

Yes it was. The following Miami cruise we stayed at the EB hotel. While not in miami proper, beautiful hotel with fabulous rooms. The restaurant and facilities were perfect. The hotel is a perfect precruise hotel. The price was also very competitive

Final result. We booked the Hampton Inn for 23,700 points. As things turned out, when we went into the Chase system later in the day, the points for the Conrad went up to 27,000. Both seemed like decent choices so we went with the lower point choice. Still way better than paying 60,000 point using the Hilton Honors program.

Loving this new Chase Sapphire Reserve card.

Final result. We booked the Hampton Inn for 23,700 points. As things turned out, when we went into the Chase system later in the day, the points for the Conrad went up to 27,000. Both seemed like decent choices so we went with the lower point choice. Still way better than paying 60,000 point using the Hilton Honors program.

Loving this new Chase Sapphire Reserve card.

You will like the Hampton Inn, it’s a great hotel. They take great care of it and it’s really clean.

Our UberXL (we had 3 adults and my dad is 6 foot 5) and 3 large suitcases and 3 carryons last summer so we needed a guaranteed SUV or van, ran us about $18 before tip last summer. That was from the Hampton Inn to the Equinox port. We did hit a bunch of lights and there was a bit of traffic at the port!

Thanks!

Hampton Inn Brickell has a port shuttle. It is complimentary with some "parking" packages but you may be able to buy it for a reasonable $ each. If this isn't an option, at least 2 SUV taxi's might work for about $20 each way plus tip. Love this hotel for its ambiance and convenience.