Royal Princess anchored at Princess Cays

rkacruiser

What is the precise situation with the transfer from ship to tender and the return transfer when Royal Princess visits Princess Cays?

From what I have observed in videos, a large tender docks next to the Royal Princess. I assume a platform of some type is then extended between the tender and the ship for guests to cross. Is my thinking correct?

When the tender docks at Princess Cay, what is the debarking and embarking experience for a guest?

Thanks for any information that can one can provide. I do appreciate it!

Many, if not most, cruise ships have one or two docks that fold out of each side of the ship for ship's or land based tenders to tie up to for transfer of pax. This is true where ever a ship tenders, not just at Princess Cay. A ramp may be used from dock to a larger tender, or simply stepping across for ship's tenders. Access to these docks may be from two different decks, the higher one via a sometimes steep staircase. I have also just walked out a hatch door to a ramp to a larger tender...depends on the elevation of the tender serving the ship.

Similarly, at the land based dock, you may have a ramp, or if everything matches up elevation-wise, you might just step across.

I sense you may be asking for someone who has mobility issues. The crew will do everything they can, if safe, to get you on and off the tenders. But occasionally it is not possible.