Anyone have a cruise wedding with over 100 guests on embarkation day?

Hi,

I'm newly engaged and planning our wedding for may 2019! We decided on a cruise wedding, if we can get a boat that will allow a ton of people. We are inviting around 200 people, and expecting/hoping at least 1/4 to not show up. We hope to have ceremony and reception on the boat but it's been difficult to find info on max number of people. Has anyone done this with that many people? If so, what was your experience? Which cruise ship was it on? Specific port? Any tips? About how much did you spend on the reception and what options did you choose? Or any suggestions on how to do it on land before embarkation, without spending more than you would on the boat? Thank you so much for any tips you all have!

Hi,

I'm newly engaged and planning our wedding for may 2019! We decided on a cruise wedding, if we can get a boat that will allow a ton of people. We are inviting around 200 people, and expecting/hoping at least 1/4 to not show up. We hope to have ceremony and reception on the boat but it's been difficult to find info on max number of people. Has anyone done this with that many people? If so, what was your experience? Which cruise ship was it on? Specific port? Any tips? About how much did you spend on the reception and what options did you choose? Or any suggestions on how to do it on land before embarkation, without spending more than you would on the boat? Thank you so much for any tips you all have!

Part of it will depend on whether or not your guests are actually sailing with you. I was told when I booked my embarkation day event that I could have up to 20 non-sailing guests attend the ceremony. If I wanted to have more than that I was obligated to also have a reception but that if the number of non-sailing guests exceeded 50, the ship would have to approve the event and guest count.

Mostly this is because of the logistics involved in getting these guests on and off the ship prior to sail away. Also keep in mind, embarkation day receptions are not allowed to be longer than an hour and a half.

Hope that helps, happy planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post a review! :) My embarkation wedding is Jan 18, 2020 on Carnival Magic. Be cautious of inviting that many though, because you may be surprised. We invited 200 people, hoping to get 50 and we have 120 booked on the cruise so far!