Is Carey still hotel director on the Pearl

Peachypooh

We have been on her three times and always had a great cruise. I think Carey needs to be credited with this. However I just finished reading Pearl reviews for the past few months and the reviews are shockingly negative and in no way represent what our experience has been in the past. I wonder if there has been a change in officers?

I just read the recent reviews. I wish I could reply. I can't believe people actually give negative reviews on an Alaskan cruise stating that the ship is beautiful and well-run but the TV has nothing good on and the wi-fi sucks. :o:o:o Oh yeah, and if you don't gamble there is nothing to do "but sit around"!! Look around you!! The entertainment is outside!! Wow!! Also, one review mentions how seasick they got. Another mentions rough and thin toilet paper. And another says drinks are $15-20+ so you better have the drink package (they did). This same reviewer was angry that they couldn't get ibuprofen for free. I am amazed at the things that people will allow to ruin their amazing vacation!! I am not concerned at all. I will come back and eat crow if I am wrong, but I really think I will have an amazing time on my Alaskan adventure aboard the Pearl in 1 week!!

I just read the recent reviews. I wish I could reply. I can't believe people actually give negative reviews on an Alaskan cruise stating that the ship is beautiful and well-run but the TV has nothing good on and the wi-fi sucks. :o:o:o Oh yeah, and if you don't gamble there is nothing to do "but sit around"!! Look around you!! The entertainment is outside!! Wow!! Also, one review mentions how seasick they got. Another mentions rough and thin toilet paper. And another says drinks are $15-20+ so you better have the drink package (they did). This same reviewer was angry that they couldn't get ibuprofen for free. I am amazed at the things that people will allow to ruin their amazing vacation!! I am not concerned at all. I will come back and eat crow if I am wrong, but I really think I will have an amazing time on my Alaskan adventure aboard the Pearl in 1 week!!

Have a wonderful time! Out of the 8 or so cruises we have taken the Pearl to Alaska was our favorite. Not to sound too juvenile but it was magical. The scenery, the wonderful staff, etc. made it outstanding. Be sure to check out the garden café on Glacier Bay day. They baked a huge sheet cake in the shape of an American flag that was fun to look at and also delicious.

You mean everyone has different likes and dislikes? I am shocked......

Maybe someday everyone will get on board with your exact tastes and your world will be a better place.........

You mean everyone has different likes and dislikes? I am shocked......

Maybe someday everyone will get on board with your exact tastes and your world will be a better place.........

You again...What a nasty person you are. I simply pointed out that people will give a review stating they had a horrible time and give 1 or 2 stars over minor things like rough toilet paper, or, something the cruiseline has no control over like a passenger getting seasick.

The purpose of my reply was to say that one should not worry about the reviews of people that hated their cruise over minor things.

You? You have no purpose. Maybe one day you will stop being such a troll and the world will be a better place.