Celebrity Summit - Will ALL Staterooms undergo the Revolution?

PinkSandGirl

We got off Sunmmit last week. The Captain said Summit will be dry docked in Feb and everything is being redone..including replacing all TVs, remodeling all bathrooms, etc.

Thank You for the information. =)

I came across this. It says that all staterooms will be re-done. There are also other details. It was part of a brochure for the Revolution.

It says add additional staterooms? I hope not.

Laura

It says add additional staterooms? I hope not.

Laura

Perhaps a new category is what they mean? Unless they plan on adding a mid-section like they did to the Enchantment of the Seas years ago. Hehe ;) I doubt that so maybe just new classes. ??? It does say "Additional" though. Maybe single occupancy since they would be smaller, still need the space though. The M class are smaller ships to begin with so what they would take away, I have no idea.

I am also curious about updated deck plans. If booking a cruise now for a sailing post-revolution...who knows how cabin types / #'s may change?

This has already been happening on deck plans for some M class ships: recategorising of cabins after the Revolution (mentioned on previous threads). Expect more suites (as it states on the literature). Possibly where the corner FV are, or realigning of current cabins to produce more inside space to add extra suites - who knows? They don’t have to extend the ships in anyway to add extra cabins - they’ve done it previously on M class ships by omitting communal space.

I came across this. It says that all staterooms will be re-done. There are also other details. It was part of a brochure for the Revolution.

At least they are honest...Venn diagram shows both classes getting "revenue enhancing" projects!

And what does "quilt" mean in additional areas? (my wife quilts and would be willing to go on more cruises if they had quilting!:o:o)

:o:o:o

This has already been happening on deck plans for some M class ships: recategorising of cabins after the Revolution (mentioned on previous threads). Expect more suites (as it states on the literature). Possibly where the corner FV are, or realigning of current cabins to produce more inside space to add extra suites - who knows? They don’t have to extend the ships in anyway to add extra cabins - they’ve done it previously on M class ships by omitting communal space.

Yes, I think those FV corner cabins will be a thing of the past and will change into suites. Glad I was able to book them and enjoy them in the past. I am sailing in June and would be afraid to book FV even if one showed up in booking because I think they will be changed. We shall see.

Laura

I met a person who is in a unique position to discuss the project. He was going from ship to ship to evaluate what Celebrity needed to do. We discussed the project and he told me that ALL cabins would be replaced. The plan is to remove all current cabins and replace them. Plans change, but that's what I was told.

Since the cabins on most cruise ships are modular and slid in place did you get the impression they are going to remove them and then replace. Seeems like that would be really expensive.

With possible reconfiguring, it makes it challenging to pick cabins. Will they still be the same category after the Revolution? Luckily I have never had a cabin reassignment but how do they go about it? Do you get to choose or do they just assign you and then you can try to change? At that point, there probably aren't many options left.

Since there currently isn't any known way of telling what the changes will be, I guess just choose the cabins I want and keep a close eye out for when the information becomes available. (yn)

Since the cabins on most cruise ships are modular and slid in place did you get the impression they are going to remove them and then replace. Seeems like that would be really expensive.

I spoke with Captain on Summit last month and he said that’s exactly what they will do. The new cabins will be “pre-fab” and just slid into place. (I’m not sure pre-fab is the correct term!!!! But the cabins will be previously built and slid into place). Not sure if this is true but that’s what he told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With possible reconfiguring, it makes it challenging to pick cabins. Will they still be the same category after the Revolution? Luckily I have never had a cabin reassignment but how do they go about it? Do you get to choose or do they just assign you and then you can try to change? At that point, there probably aren't many options left.

Since there currently isn't any known way of telling what the changes will be, I guess just choose the cabins I want and keep a close eye out for when the information becomes available. (yn)

Me too!!

I was told that by my source. It actually makes sense given the time in dry dock. The bains could be built prior to the dry dock. Take out the old and put in the new.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about time that cabins get a refit. The cabin size is good. The furniture configuation is good. In many cabins, many items need to updates, fixed, or cleaned. On my last cruise on Millenium, our cabin was in poor shape. The staff changed my mattress, cushions on the sofa, and replaced the chair. Kudos to the hotel director who is doing what he can to improve the ship.

I know, poor me, so don't shoot me...but we're going in our very first ever of all time suite next year on the Summit to Bermuda - and I hand-picked Sky Suite 6145 (next to the PH) because of the dark wood and the green marble bathroom (I have a thing for green marble :) - if they turn ALL the cabins into that IKEA neutral I'm going to be very disappointed.

I know, poor me, so don't shoot me...but we're going in our very first ever of all time suite next year on the Summit to Bermuda - and I hand-picked Sky Suite 6145 (next to the PH) because of the dark wood and the green marble bathroom (I have a thing for green marble :) - if they turn ALL the cabins into that IKEA neutral I'm going to be very disappointed.

You can bet they will as I’ve had 2 questionnaires this week and one of the questions included 4 photos and I had to say which I thought was “luxurious”. One room was very similar to the beige photo on this thread ;).

You can bet they will as I’ve had 2 questionnaires this week and one of the questions included 4 photos and I had to say which I thought was “luxurious”. One room was very similar to the beige photo on this thread ;).

What did the other 3 look like?

What did the other 3 look like?

They weren’t cabins, more like rooms. Classic, traditional and ultramodern like the suites on Edge; the fourth was sepia styled like the one on this thread (if you know what I mean).

I still think the ‘infinite’ balconies will be similar to river cruise balconies. The only difference is they are closer to the water and banks where ocean ships are considerably higher, so it will give the impression of a flat side of an office block as the windows will all be flush.

I'm a bit confused, is Summit going in for "revolution"-izing in Feb 2019, or Feb 2020? Hopefully 2019 since we're booked in an aft S2 in Sept 19 to Bermuda.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like the new modern design and gray/beige color palettes. We were in an A1 in Sept 17, and while we really enjoyed the Summit, we did find the ship and especially the cabins to be showing a little wear around the edges (so to speak). So are they converting some balconies to Infinite Verandas on Summit?

I'm a bit confused, is Summit going in for "revolution"-izing in Feb 2019, or Feb 2020? Hopefully 2019 since we're booked in an aft S2 in Sept 19 to Bermuda.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really like the new modern design and gray/beige color palettes. We were in an A1 in Sept 17, and while we really enjoyed the Summit, we did find the ship and especially the cabins to be showing a little wear around the edges (so to speak). So are they converting some balconies to Infinite Verandas on Summit?

Feb 2019 for Summit. There is a trial cabin of the new design on Connie that has been shown on CC ;).

If they convert the corner FV to suites, I hope they add more connecting cabins elsewhere. As the only option for families of 5, it would be silly to completely remove the option for family cabins. We booked 18 months out and the FV was our only option. They couldn’t get us into any of the handful of connecting veranda cabins with one or both already booked in each pair. We wanted 2 bathrooms.

I would love to see them add flexible cabin configurations like MSC though. Add some inside singles that can connect to traditional veranda cabins for families.

If they convert the corner FV to suites, I hope they add more connecting cabins elsewhere. As the only option for families of 5, it would be silly to completely remove the option for family cabins. We booked 18 months out and the FV was our only option. They couldn’t get us into any of the handful of connecting veranda cabins with one or both already booked in each pair. We wanted 2 bathrooms.

I would love to see them add flexible cabin configurations like MSC though. Add some inside singles that can connect to traditional veranda cabins for families.

More likelihood that they keep some but put them in less desirable positions like they did on S class ships.