Uniworld- Remarkable Rhine

E316

I believe Uniworld's official policy is they have eliminated the easy-walker option for most or all sightseeing. The Cruise Manager probably means she'll offer that option if there are enough people that she can be assured that the regular walkers will not be too many for each guide. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know why it says the walking tour and Riesling tasting in Bacharach has steep steps no railing. There might've been one place where you'd skip the steps and wait downstairs for the group, but it wasn't much of it.

Same for Strasbourg. I think you should try to go with the group to the synagogue, as visiting on your own will not offer you the chance to hear the member who speaks to you. The bus will take you nearby; the vast majority of the walking is after you leave the synagogue (plus there's security to get into the bldg.). The more challenging part of that tour was the museum we went into after walking by the cathedral, b/c it had several flights of stairs. You could skip the cathedral, too, and just take a cab back to the ship whenever you get tired, after leaving the synagogue. We didn't go into the cathedral, but evidently the impressive part is outside. That's all my guess/recollection.

In Cologne, I avoided the stairs at the Cathedral by using the ramp. Also there is an elevator to the toilets there. In addition there was an elevator at the Synagogue. We only had about 16 people on the Jewish tour divided into 2 groups. The guides told us they work for Milk and Honey tours. The only downside of this tour and yesterday’s tour was no time for shopping not even for a post card.

Elyce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully in Boppard you will have the chance to do some shopping. Boppard is not big but touristy with some shops of interest. In Bacharach right at the old church in the centre there used to be a shop that sells postcards and some souvenirs. I hope it is still there.

I am sure you will enjoy all the castle sightseeing today!

notamermaid

For dinner, are there “always available” options? Looking at Uniworkd in 2019 but my wife is a clean eater and always wants a plain piece of salmon with steamed veggies.

Steak, chicken and salmon are always available. Have a chat with the chef and you will be well taken care of.

RB

Steak, chicken and salmon are always available. Have a chat with the chef and you will be well taken care of.

RB

I assumed (we LOVE Red Carnation properties, hence why wanting to cruise Uniworld) but wanted to ask. Thank you!

We are now on our way to Zurich.

We will be home on the 2nd and then will give a detailed review of the trip. Thank you all for following my postings.

Elyce

Our trip was good. Food was not spectacular. Special requests can be made.

Bar service excellent with free

liquor. Mixed drinks were delicious. Hugo drink in particular. Best desserts were at lunch. Dining room is made up of mostly tables of 4. We would have preferred larger tables. Would have been more conducive to meeting people. As far as the “Gentle Walker “ issue, accommodations were made in order to avoid steps. Tour guides given too much freedom so every tour may not be identical. Lack of shopping time in certain ports. In Strasbourg, do the mini train on your own. Also make sure you see the Tinguely Fountain in Basel.

Also the people doing the Jewish Heritage tours were very few in numbers. We had a Shabbat service on Friday night.

Cruise director did not have anything special going on for last night. Also no announcements on board for tours starting.

I hope I have not passed negative views on. These are just my impressions of Uniworld after having cruised on other lines.

Everyone had their own opinions.

And I hope everyone that is counting the days down to their cruise will have a wonderful and happy cruise.

Elyce

I just wanted to add some extra thoughts. Even though the Rhine was filled with riverboats, we never rafted.

The afternoon that we sailed by the castles with comments from Ramona was very nice.

If you extend your trip to Lucerne, there is a mini train to see the town. Unfortunately, we missed it and also missed seeing the Lion Monument.

Also there is a day or 2 when the boat is in town a long time and some people did not return for dinner.

I just wanted to add some extra thoughts. Even though the Rhine was filled with riverboats, we never rafted.

The afternoon that we sailed by the castles with comments from Ramona was very nice.

If you extend your trip to Lucerne, there is a mini train to see the town. Unfortunately, we missed it and also missed seeing the Lion Monument.

Also there is a day or 2 when the boat is in town a long time and some people did not return for dinner.

Hmmmm....I’m not sure you really enjoyed your trip? it sounds like it was just OK? The money we are paying for this cruise I guess Im expecting it to be fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Forums