luggage storage near kensington palace?

my mom and i are planning on going to kensington palace before taking the train to southampton to start our cruise. we would like to take our luggage with us instead of having to go back to our hotel to get it. does anyone know if there is a place near kensington palace where we can store our luggage (carry on and a backpack) before heading to southampton? thanks!

Where is your hotel and where are you taking the train to Southampton from? You could leave it somewhere else rather than cart it to Kensington.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

our airbnb is in pimlico and we are hoping to catch the train to southampton as close to kensington as we can. i was assuming paddington station.

our airbnb is in pimlico and we are hoping to catch the train to southampton as close to kensington as we can. i was assuming paddington station.

There are no trains to Southampton from Paddington. Waterloo or Victoria are the stations you want, both of which are quite close to Pimlico. Your best bet is to leave your luggage at your flat and come back for it before your train.

There are no trains to Southampton from Paddington. Waterloo or Victoria are the stations you want, both of which are quite close to Pimlico. Your best bet is to leave your luggage at your flat and come back for it before your train.

you recommend that over taking a cab to paddington station?

https://goo.gl/maps/WP74LneHq182

you recommend that over taking a cab to paddington station?

https://goo.gl/maps/WP74LneHq182

There is no point in taking a cab to Paddington Station. As previously stated, you cannot get a train to Southampton from there. You need to go to Waterloo or Victoria for a train or else Victoria Coach Station for a bus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be fair, you can get a train from Paddington, but you have to change at Reading. A coach from Victoria is much easier (No changes) and significantly cheaper. Victoria is also a lot closer to Kensington Palace.

One suggestion might be to leave the luggage at Victoria Coach Station before going to the Palace.

To be fair, you can get a train from Paddington, but you have to change at Reading. A coach from Victoria is much easier (No changes) and significantly cheaper. Victoria is also a lot closer to Kensington Palace.

One suggestion might be to leave the luggage at Victoria Coach Station before going to the Palace.

That’s one good option.

Rather depends where in Pimlico, but another option is go to Victoria Station, leave luggage there, take the Circle Line to High Street Kensington for the Palace. Reverse once done at the Palace and either take the train to Southampton from Victoria Station or pop along the road for the National Express from the Coach Station.

than you for the suggestions! google maps told me i COULD get to southampton from kensington palace... so thanks to those who gave me better options rather than just saying it cant be done.

we have to be on the ship by 5 (we plan on being there much earlier) and we also plan on getting to kensington palace the minute it opens.

FWIW, Google Maps isn't necessary a very good rail journey planner in the UK (maybe nowhere). The national rail page, http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/, is imperfect, but IMHO better. It shows trains with no stops from Waterloo and Victoria, as mentioned, but a connection at Reading from Paddington. What it doesn't show, although you can make a pretty good guess in this case, is whether the transfer is cross platform (get off, walk across the platform, and get on the other train), or involves dragging yourself and your bags quite a way (in this case, it looks like you'd go from platform 7 to platform 3, which could easily involve at least two sets of stairs and a not necessarily leisurely walk in 12 minutes). Rail travelers on the UK board will tell you that, which is one of the many things I find invaluable about this board for a North American traveler to the UK.

FWIW, Google Maps isn't necessary a very good rail journey planner in the UK (maybe nowhere). The national rail page, http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/, is imperfect, but IMHO better. It shows trains with no stops from Waterloo and Victoria, as mentioned, but a connection at Reading from Paddington. What it doesn't show, although you can make a pretty good guess in this case, is whether the transfer is cross platform (get off, walk across the platform, and get on the other train), or involves dragging yourself and your bags quite a way (in this case, it looks like you'd go from platform 7 to platform 3, which could easily involve at least two sets of stairs and a not necessarily leisurely walk in 12 minutes). Rail travelers on the UK board will tell you that, which is one of the many things I find invaluable about this board for a North American traveler to the UK.

thanks!!