8 hour drive to Enchantment 3 nt cruise

You were on the one cut short by Irma?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cut short on the first cruise after Irma (I think it was Irma, a year later I would have to re-read my review.) We were supposed to sail on the first 4 day Majesty cruise after she was done with her humanitarian work, but she didn't get back till that Monday, pushing our cruise back to Tuesday. I do believe this was her first post Irma cruise.

Edited by BillOh

Cut short on the first cruise after Irma (I think it was Irma, a year later I would have to re-read my review.) We were supposed to sail on the first 4 day Majesty cruise after she was done with her humanitarian work, but she didn't get back till that Monday, pushing our cruise back to Tuesday. I do believe this was her first post Irma cruise.
That makes sense. We were on the 4 day before that ended up a 3 day.

More then once I drove from Michigan to Florida(1400miles ea way) non-stop overnight after work for 4n, 5n, and then 7nite cruises. Of course back then flights cost as much as the cruise or more, gas was less then $1 and was in my 20/30's. Now, I wouldn't... But 8hrs drive I might

That makes sense. We were on the 4 day before that ended up a 3 day.

We were on that one as well. I wish we would have been able to take advantage of staying on board like they offered. Would have loved to lend a hand to others.. but that is when we knew for sure that Irma was going to come up the state, and did need to prepare. Plus, we were boarding the Oasis on the 17th.

We were on that one as well. I wish we would have been able to take advantage of staying on board like they offered. Would have loved to lend a hand to others.. but that is when we knew for sure that Irma was going to come up the state, and did need to prepare. Plus, we were boarding the Oasis on the 17th.
We were booked Oasis for the 10th. [emoji33]

Ended up leaving 13th and got a full refund.

And 21 C&A points.

We were on 17th as well

We wont drive to any cruise port (ours nearest is 6 hours at Baltimore) for less than a nine day cruise. No way I’d drive 8 hours for a 3 day. Save up your vacation time. If childcare is an issue, and this is your only chance 8’d go for the 4 night CCL

We were booked Oasis for the 10th. [emoji33]

Ended up leaving 13th and got a full refund.

And 21 C&A points.

We were on 17th as well

That is nice! 4 days at no cost, plus the C&A.

We still got our 4 C&A for the Majesty, which I was sweating because I didn't know if they would knock it down to 3, and I needed all 4 to hit Diamond, on the last day of Oasis.

I live in Jacksonville and friends that have taken the ship out here have enjoyed it. From my understanding, she just recently got a refurbed and a friend that sailed her after the refurbed was impressed.

I would not drive 8 hours for a 3 night cruise. However, I would drive 8 hours for a 7 night cruise, class of ship not a player (although I would shy away from the Voyager class)

I've never been on Carnival, but I've been on Enchantment a few times. It's not a ship worth adding a ton of travel time on for. It's a good ship and it's a great time, but it isn't mind-blowing.

The important thing is relaxing. If you can do that from Charleston on a ship you are cool with and with much less time on the road, that's the way to go.

You all must be from places where 8 or 9 hours in a car would be extremely hard. We just returned from a family wedding- 9 hrs one way, a day for the wedding and 9 hrs back. With your thought we should have either skipped the wedding for a longer weekend (really is it worth the hassle just to go for one day?), tried to find flights (and then have to rent a car as it would still be 100 miles from the closest airport) or take the car ferry ($100 for the car, $100 per person round trip on the slow boat, $200 for the car and $157 per passenger round trip for the fast boat).

To the OP if this is something you would like to do, and you think it would be fun, you enjoy driving then go for it! Have a great time.

I would opt for the longer 4 day cruise and the shorter drive time. We have cruised on Carnivals short cruises (4 or 5 days) and have always enjoyed them. I would not cruise on any smaller ship during Spring Break though😄😄

I haven't sailed Carnival before, so I am not sure how they consider the days vs nights. However, wouldn't a 4 day cruise be the same as a 3 night cruise in terms of length. Don't you only get 3 nights with a 4 day cruise? You are getting off the ship on the fourth day, after having three nights if I am thinking correctly (but since this is a Monday I might very well be completely off :confused:). Spring Break would be my biggest issue with this. I could care less about drive time. But, I don't want a lot of partying college kids with me...

I haven't sailed Carnival before, so I am not sure how they consider the days vs nights. However, wouldn't a 4 day cruise be the same as a 3 night cruise in terms of length. Don't you only get 3 nights with a 4 day cruise? You are getting off the ship on the fourth day, after having three nights if I am thinking correctly (but since this is a Monday I might very well be completely off :confused:). Spring Break would be my biggest issue with this. I could care less about drive time. But, I don't want a lot of partying college kids with me...
You get 4 nights on a 4 day cruise

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I was on Enchantment as Irma was barreling across across the Caribbean. We left on Monday for a 4 night cruise. On Tuesday we were in Nassau. When we got back on the ship the captain announced thar Irma was moving much faster then anticipated and we would be staying in Nassau until 4PM the next day, our port stop at Coco Cay would be cancelled and we would arrive back in Miami on Thursday instead of Friday. By this time the evacuation order for Miami was up and hundreds of flights had been cancelled. The line for guest services on the ship went from the guest service desk all the way back to the theater entrance. The next morning while still in Nassau the captain made an announcement that anyone that needed to could stay on the ship until the port reopened after the storm. My friend and I looked at eachother and said we better get off and help our families prepare for Irma since we live just west of Ft Lauderdale. Royal filled the empty cabins with local employees that were in evacuation zones and took the ship out to sea until Irma passed by. The next time I'm staying on board!!!

You all must be from places where 8 or 9 hours in a car would be extremely hard. We just returned from a family wedding- 9 hrs one way, a day for the wedding and 9 hrs back. With your thought we should have either skipped the wedding for a longer weekend (really is it worth the hassle just to go for one day?), tried to find flights (and then have to rent a car as it would still be 100 miles from the closest airport) or take the car ferry ($100 for the car, $100 per person round trip on the slow boat, $200 for the car and $157 per passenger round trip for the fast boat).

To the OP if this is something you would like to do, and you think it would be fun, you enjoy driving then go for it! Have a great time.

I used to be 8 hours away in Atlanta. 7 day minimum for me