Free coffee in MDR & Buffets?

km3045

First time on Princess and booked on the Caribbean. I'm trying to understand what drinks are included in the dining room, buffet, Steamers & Planks(not when you have to pay extra). Probably not going to buy any packages, they're not worth it for us. We drink a cup or two of coffee with breakfast, and a few sodas through the day, a,omg with bottled water that we put tea or lemonade packets in. . Is coffee included in these rooms with breakfast? What about water? Since I have not read good things about the fountain sodas, we would probably order a Coke package for the canned products and maybe some bottled water as well. Make sense? Thanks!

Free coffee and glasses of water are available at any dining venues from Horizon Court (buffet) to specialty restaurants. The water tastes fine, meaning I’ve never tasted anything in it.

Your lemonade sticks or liquid will be fine if you want to add flavor. No need for bottled water. We preorder cases of bottled water for our cabin.

Room service has coffee, too. No charge.

Since I can’t drink coffee for medical reasons, I can’t say how good it is. My DH drinks plenty of it and likes it.

Others say they buy a coffee card to get better coffee.

I hope I’ve helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time on Princess and booked on the Caribbean. I'm trying to understand what drinks are included in the dining room, buffet, Steamers & Planks(not when you have to pay extra). Probably not going to buy any packages, they're not worth it for us. We drink a cup or two of coffee with breakfast, and a few sodas through the day, a,omg with bottled water that we put tea or lemonade packets in. . Is coffee included in these rooms with breakfast? What about water? Since I have not read good things about the fountain sodas, we would probably order a Coke package for the canned products and maybe some bottled water as well. Make sense? Thanks!

Water, coffee/decaf, iced and hot tea, lemonade available at any meal time in any dining venue, buffet 24/7, room service...

Juices and milk at breakfast included.

Ship's water is perfectly clean and safe to drink, consider s reusable water bottle and fill up as you want.

You can also bring aboard any soda or water such you like, if you don't want to buy something aboard or have a favorite soda..

Coffee is free. However a lot people don't like the free coffee. I remember reading on these boards that the free is made from liquid so the ship does not have to deal coffee grounds. If you want coffee made from beans or specialty coffees you pay for that. That is why many people buy the coffee card. Me, I just drink the free coffee.

No, it doesn't make sense at all.

The "soda only" package supposedly has been discontinued, although if the right person has any stickers left you can sometimes buy it on board. It had been replaced with "Soda and More." Either of these offers fountain sodas only, not cans.

The water on the ship is great. If you want bottled water, order the package in advance. Otherwise, it is something insane like $2 per bottle. The ship's water is fine to drink.

Regular coffee, made from liquid concentrate, if included. Fresh brewed coffee will require a coffee card on most ships.

No' date=' it doesn't make sense at all.

The "soda only" package supposedly has been discontinued, although if the right person has any stickers left you can sometimes buy it on board. It had been replaced with "Soda and More." Either of these offers fountain sodas only, not cans.

The water on the ship is great. If you want bottled water, order the package in advance. Otherwise, it is something insane like $2 per bottle. The ship's water is fine to drink.

Regular coffee, made from liquid concentrate, if included. Fresh brewed coffee will require a coffee card on most ships.[/quote']

wait, what? - you can't go to the IC and just order a fresh brewed coffee and put it on your cruise card...you have to have a coffee card/package to get that??:confused:

On the Ruby, my husband actually preferred the included coffee in the buffet and MDR to the brewed coffee at the IC. When we had a window suite on the CB, the Sabatinis breakfast included espresso based drinks.

We bring our own coffee. I discovered Starbuck Colombian in the small instant packets. That is the best tasting coffee I've ever had instant wise. I buy it at Costco, but I've seen it at grocery stores. They also have the instant lattes, I haven't tried them but heard they were good. We do not like the coffee in the MDR or Buffet and IMHO the coffee you purchase is worse than what is served in the dining room. Coffee like food is subjective. We also bring our own instant Cappuccino, sugar-free D'Vita. I think $3.50 for a small cup of Cappuccino is more than I want to pay. We just order room service and ask for hot water. We bring cups from Lido to our cabin as the cups room service brings are way too small. I don't mind spending money if I think I'm getting a "quality" product. BYOB.

Coffee is free.

Just so you know, you can bring on board as much soda, water and other non-alcoholic beverages as you like. If you really want bottled water Princess sells a bottled water package in the cruise personlizer and it is a reasonable price. This package is not available on board. Every cabin has a fridge and ice is delivered to your cabin daily.

MDR & buffet coffee is free, and worth what you pay for it.

The "free" coffee is just plain awful. Especially the room service coffee. It is extremely weak and tastes like someone just waved a can of coffee over it. Worst coffee I've ever had.

We now bring a jar of instant (Trader Joe's) to add to the room service coffee to make it more palatable. Helps somewhat.

I think they do this on purpose so you'll buy the coffee card.

YMMV

Funny about all the varying opinions. I think the free coffee is way too strong. I order some hot water when I order the free coffee and just water the coffee down a bit and then its fine.

If you want coffee from the IC, you can pay as you go. If you only want an occasional coffee, that may be the cheaper way to go.

coffee is definitely free in the buffet but not in the international cafe because the coffees are premium and cost extra.

Coffee is free at the IC overnight when the other areas with coffee are closed.

coffee is definitely free in the buffet but not in the international cafe because the coffees are premium and cost extra.

Many Princess ships will give out brewed coffee late at night until 6 AM at the IC, no charge even without a coffee card.

Whether this will continue now that the cruise cards are being used is yet to be seen.

I do not drink coffee, but me darling wife does. Each morning I have to pay (by the cup or by using a coffee card) to get her real brewed coffee to start her day. She brings it up with us to the buffet for breakfast. She refuses to drink what she calls the "dishwater" served in the buffet. It is not brewed coffee, but is made from a Nescafe concentrate. I do not understand why we have to pay to get a decent cup of brewed coffee.