Carnival Spirit back in Sydney today after her drydock - 25 June 2018

Beautiful Sydney photos.

I drove past her this morning on my way to work, she certainly looked all clean and sparkly. Can’t wait to take a closer look when we cruise in 21 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be interested to hear reports post drydock

Just got off today.

Notable changes:

new carpet and shower curtains in cabin.

Same old carpet in hallways.

Converted Library and Chapel to a possible money earner, a games arcade mainly for teens.

A new area that was used by Park West , rear deck 3, is now an area to design and decorate items like beach bags.

Monarch card and games room now contains two library cabinets, and is very cramped.

Fun shops now operated by Heinemann. Duty free prices were discounted the first day by 10%.

Smirnoff Blue was $37.90. Some liquor was offered at a 2 for price. I purchased 2 Mount Gay Eclipse Rum for $75.

These prices appear greater than what I paid last visit to Port Vila and on Princess.

Just got off today.

Notable changes:

new carpet and shower curtains in cabin.

Same old carpet in hallways.

Converted Library and Chapel to a possible money earner, a games arcade mainly for teens.

A new area that was used by Park West , rear deck 3, is now an area to design and decorate items like beach bags.

Monarch card and games room now contains two library cabinets, and is very cramped.

Fun shops now operated by Heinemann. Duty free prices were discounted the first day by 10%.

Smirnoff Blue was $37.90. Some liquor was offered at a 2 for price. I purchased 2 Mount Gay Eclipse Rum for $75.

These prices appear greater than what I paid last visit to Port Vila and on Princess.

Thanks for the updates.

By The Bay; my room didn't have new carpet.. :=(. looked a bit worn.. the colours are much more pleasing in MDR & in Buffet.

Love having bands starting at 3;00 at Red Frog Pub (they play 3 set's, then another band would come on).

Plus having a afternoon under 18 comedy show in The Punchliner comedy club on sea-days. (3:30).They are just trailing these 2 things to see feed-back.

All new gym equipment & a new different area called Soul play. Paint, Draw & make things...

Enjoyed the cruise even though it seemed & looked like a Princess crowd.. Lol

Yes it was me making all the noise.. Lol but it was Tiberius that knocked on your door & ran away..

I will try princess one-day.. Wish they shared reward points.. :=(

One difference I noticed with the reward system is that Carnival upgraded us to Gold during the cruise. Princess will only upgrade on your next cruise. I was surprised at the lack of people at our Gold Cocktail party compared to Princess. Again Carnival is more generous with their drinks at the free parties than Princess. :cocktail::wine-glass::tropical-drink:

One difference I noticed with the reward system is that Carnival upgraded us to Gold during the cruise. Princess will only upgrade on your next cruise. I was surprised at the lack of people at our Gold Cocktail party compared to Princess. Again Carnival is more generous with their drinks at the free parties than Princess. :cocktail::wine-glass::tropical-drink:

By the Bay; I don't know if you knew. All the gold's had one & next day all tha Platniums & Diamonds had there's. There was about 110 at that one...