All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

I searched for an all things Pride thread and couldn't find one.

I thought I'd start it since I love the Pride and will be on her for the 3rd time next month.

Absolutely love the Chef's Table on the Pride. Chef Jerry and his staff are very friendly and attentative and the food is delish!

43 more days...woohoo!!!

$75pp..includes tour of the galley where they give you champagne and a few different appetizers to try.

Then it's off to the disco where they have a beautiful table set up and they fill you with wine and the most delicious of courses of food. You get a pic and a signed cookbook to take home. Lasts about 3 hrs. Check out my pics from the Chef's Table from my review...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322964&highlight=pride+review

Not about the Chef's Table, but do you remember what kind of goodies were offered in the cabins when you sailed on the Pride? We're leaving on the 16th and I try to pack as light as possible.

On my last Carnival cruise a few years ago, they provided shampoo (smelled great!), body wash (eh), a mini-toothpaste, and a few one-use samples of products. Is it the same now? Thanks!

Not about the Chef's Table, but do you remember what kind of goodies were offered in the cabins when you sailed on the Pride? We're leaving on the 16th and I try to pack as light as possible.

On my last Carnival cruise a few years ago, they provided shampoo (smelled great!), body wash (eh), a mini-toothpaste, and a few one-use samples of products. Is it the same now? Thanks!

Shampoo and body wash are in the showers. I bring conditioner since that's not supplied. Toothpaste I find is hit-or-miss in the sample basket. Sometimes yes, sometimes no - even on the same cruise.

Does anyone remember if the Pride has the late night chocolate buffet?

no, they did away with this a few years back. Ships now have a choc buffet on the last sea day at lunch time- but not fancy like the midnight buffet.

Gone too is the midnight buffet- Now you will find midnight bites served from 11:30- 1:am.

no, they did away with this a few years back. Ships now have a choc buffet on the last sea day at lunch time- but not fancy like the midnight buffet.

Gone too is the midnight buffet- Now you will find midnight bites served from 11:30- 1:am.

I looked and looked on my Funtimes and couldn't find it anywhere.

I think I must have been looking too hard! :p

Looking forward now that it's the new year to our Bermuda cruise on the Pride...We have not sailed on the Pride since Thanksgiving 2002...does anyone know what changes have been done to her? Didn't she just come out of a drydock?

Thanks for starting this thread..have also booked the Chef's Table Dinner..but I sent a message thru John Heald's blog...haven't heard back yet but just did it on the 29th.

I looked and looked on my Funtimes and couldn't find it anywhere.

I think I must have been looking too hard! :p

it will NOT be advertised--but if you look on the Saturday- where the taste of nations is listed. You will find the choc buffet listed there between 11:30 - 2:30.

You can find the daily menus on the television. The days menu from breakfast to dinner in the MDR is available to view on there anytime, as well your cruise account..I love it!

Also the menus are posted outside of the MDR.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/Menus_D_1-7.htm

I would use this link for menus.

--

Lobster dinner in Monday. (first "formal" night)

The funvision does NOT show the whole weeks meals but will show you whats for lunch and dinner usually after breakfast is served.

The hostess at the steak house should have the menu for the entire week.

rraydon..thanks for the dates of the Chef's Table Dinner..I've already requested a reservation...

Serene..menus and pictures are great although Carnival's menu has really changed over the years...I remember a lot of the dishes from our Fantasy cruise in September and still think Carnival's food is pretty good:):):)

Is there not a place (or thread here) that details exactly what work was performed at the recent dry docking ? From the limited posts I have found it appears the bulk of the effort was with propulsion vs spruce up and several report despite the work she still vibrates severely at times in aft. Severe to some is minor to others but vibration as a whole is a concern to most. Our group has 3 cabins aft deck 8 coming up in March. I will be sure to report back with our experience before April 1st if vibration severity is still an unknown.

Edited by valley1pw

Is there not a place (or thread here) that details exactly what work was performed at the recent dry docking ? From the limited posts I have found it appears the bulk of the effort was with propulsion vs spruce up and several report despite the work she still vibrates severely at times in aft. Severe to some is minor to others but vibration as a whole is a concern to most. Our group has 3 cabins aft deck 8 coming up in March. I will be sure to report back with our experience before April 1st if vibration severity is still an unknown.

Hope this helps: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316604