Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Hello,

I just happened to come upon this thread somehow and I would like to join in! I love to get dressed up and looking at dresses! I will have to post a few from the past years of dresses! And I look forward for new dress ideas! My next cruise is a solo so I am not too sure how much effort I will but into the dress. But I think this will help!!!!

Renee

Welcome aboard Rene, we are a fun loving group and love to post pictures on here.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Thanks Gerry!!

I thought I would post my first cruise dress. I kind of made it myself. I saw someones wedding pics and the dress was red with lace at the waist and down the hips and a little and up to the bust. I found out it was almost $300 and was like, nope. I dug in my closet and found my dress from my sisters wedding, a red strapless that I had cut and then bought my own lace and viola!

232323232%7Ffp5324%3A%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E5%3C9%3E89%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A76455%3C7%3Anu0mrj

Thanks Gerry!!

I thought I would post my first cruise dress. I kind of made it myself. I saw someones wedding pics and the dress was red with lace at the waist and down the hips and a little and up to the bust. I found out it was almost $300 and was like, nope. I dug in my closet and found my dress from my sisters wedding, a red strapless that I had cut and then bought my own lace and viola!

232323232%7Ffp5324%3A%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E5%3C9%3E89%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A76455%3C7%3Anu0mrj

very pretty! your very talented both in sewing and knowing how to post a picture...lol I still can't get the hang of that.:D

Great job on the dress.

Don't you love being able to sew and alter the looks of clothes. I have been sewing for about (see hand running over the mouth)years. Way more then I want to admit to.:eek:

I have made everything from placemats to wedding dresses back when I was doing a lot of sewing but now I am lucky to just get the mending done.

Gerry

Great job on the dress.

Don't you love being able to sew and alter the looks of clothes. I have been sewing for about (see hand running over the mouth)years. Way more then I want to admit to.:eek:

I have made everything from placemats to wedding dresses back when I was doing a lot of sewing but now I am lucky to just get the mending done.

Gerry

Oh I cannot take credit for the hem of the dress! I had someone do that! But I was able to figure out the lace part.

I admire those who can sew. My mom showed me but I always seem to break the sewing machine:rolleyes: I can hem a pant leg... and patch things but nothing elaborate!!

Hello,

I just happened to come upon this thread somehow and I would like to join in! I love to get dressed up and looking at dresses! I will have to post a few from the past years of dresses! And I look forward for new dress ideas! My next cruise is a solo so I am not too sure how much effort I will but into the dress. But I think this will help!!!!

Renee

Welcome to the fashion board Renee....you will have so much fun on this forum. These are such a wonderful group of ladies. Always so nice and helpful.:)

Love dress picture threads! I posted some other dresses in the original thread. I wear a dress every night.

I'll post my 2 formal dresses I wore on my last cruise:

This first dress I bought new for our honeymoon. I bought it to "replace" my old beaded prom dress I was wearing on cruises. I wanted more of a classic beaded dress. (my prom one was blue beaded)

13568027493_f205929cd8.jpg

DSC06655

13568054733_e0c9b08610.jpg

fittingroom

This second dress is my homecoming dress from 2002. Just a simple black one shoulder. The back is open.

13567963145_e756d83b36.jpg

DSC05864

(don't know why I am so red, but you can see the back)

13568356884_5f2dbb472b.jpg

back

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

Oh I cannot take credit for the hem of the dress! I had someone do that! But I was able to figure out the lace part.

I admire those who can sew. My mom showed me but I always seem to break the sewing machine:rolleyes: I can hem a pant leg... and patch things but nothing elaborate!!

Red looks great on you! Hey, you can do more than me! Impressive you were able to change up the dress to your liking. One day when I have the time I would love to learn to sew... and a million other hobbies. :D

Love dress picture threads! I posted some other dresses in the original thread. I wear a dress every night.

This first dress I bought new for our honeymoon. I bought it to "replace" my old beaded prom dress I was wearing on cruises. I wanted more of a classic beaded dress. (my prom one was blue beaded)

DSC06655

fittingroom

This second dress is my homecoming dress from 2002. Just a simple black one shoulder. The back is open.

DSC05864

back

Gorgeous!!

Sent from my KFJWA using Forums mobile app

DSC06655

fittingroom

:eek::eek::eek:Oh my Lord that beaded dress is GORGEOUS!! I gotta know where you got it (not that I would probably ever be able to pull it off as well as you!)

Seeing your dresses makes me want something "more formal" than what I have now. :D

Aww thank you everyone! You are too sweet! My husband and I really look forward to formal nights.

:eek::eek::eek:Oh my Lord that beaded dress is GORGEOUS!! I gotta know where you got it (not that I would probably ever be able to pull it off as well as you!)

Seeing your dresses makes me want something "more formal" than what I have now. :D

Thank you! I didn't think i could pull off but thought "what the heck, why not, YOLO"

It is from Macy's! I spent weeks searching for a new beaded dress. I tried every store in a couple malls. I knew it was going to cost a few hundred so I wanted to make sure I really loved it. I was starting to get discouraged as our sailing date approached. However, I finally found the dress! It took longer to find my new beaded formal cruise dress than my wedding dress :eek:

I'll have to find the pic of my old beaded dress. It was a little too prom-y.

I'm surprised you found it at Macys - not because I don't like them, I actually worked at one for about 4 years - but because I have never seen anything like it at the macys around here!

GREAT find!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Gerry!!

You did a wonderful job with the lace. What a great idea.

Hey CruisingGatorGal, you look STUNNING in that beaded dress and I'm so glad you treated yourself to it for your honeymoon. Wondering if you felt overdressed in it.... Seems people aren't dressing up as much as they used to.

And Mrsfoose, I rarely find dresses at Macy's that work for me as I don't think their selection is great. But their online selection is awesome! It's the opposite at Lord and Taylor (my go to dress buying store). Great selection in the store but less so on online.

DD is a senior in high school so we are in the throes of prom and white graduation dress shopping. Ordered a ton of dresses from Macy's and went actual shopping at L&T. Found a few that she liked and that flatter her. Final choice is a navy blue gown that cost me $79.20! And she's wearing a pair of my dressy sandals and using one of my silver evening bags. How's that for coming out of this on the cheap side. Now she's angling for a new dress for Awards night that can also be worn on our June Med cruise!

DSC06655

fittingroom

DSC05864

back

I love both of these! The first one thought is quite stunning!

Red looks great on you! Hey, you can do more than me! Impressive you were able to change up the dress to your liking. One day when I have the time I would love to learn to sew... and a million other hobbies. :D

Thank you about the red. I have been told that, I think its the dark hair.. Otherwise I am normally pale.

I'm surprised you found it at Macys - not because I don't like them, I actually worked at one for about 4 years - but because I have never seen anything like it at the macys around here!

GREAT find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! That was probably my 3rd trip to Macy's and I spotted that, all by itself. Maybe it was a return from online? I know this is a "good" problem to have but I actually had a hard time finding dresses my size. I found most of the gowns in stores like Macys and Dillards did not come smaller than a size 4. I lost 60-70 pounds several years ago, so trust me I was happy to have this problem. Anyway, it was a long process!

Hey CruisingGatorGal, you look STUNNING in that beaded dress and I'm so glad you treated yourself to it for your honeymoon. Wondering if you felt overdressed in it.... Seems people aren't dressing up as much as they used to.

And Mrsfoose, I rarely find dresses at Macy's that work for me as I don't think their selection is great. But their online selection is awesome! It's the opposite at Lord and Taylor (my go to dress buying store). Great selection in the store but less so on online.

DD is a senior in high school so we are in the throes of prom and white graduation dress shopping. Ordered a ton of dresses from Macy's and went actual shopping at L&T. Found a few that she liked and that flatter her. Final choice is a navy blue gown that cost me $79.20! And she's wearing a pair of my dressy sandals and using one of my silver evening bags. How's that for coming out of this on the cheap side. Now she's angling for a new dress for Awards night that can also be worn on our June Med cruise!

Carol, thank you :D

I don't think we felt over dressed, at least not that we noticed. We did notice A LOT of floor length gowns while were waiting to go in the MDR. Our honeymoon was a longer cruise (12 days), maybe that helped. I do think it was not as dressy as our Med. cruise. However, WAY dressier than my bachelorette party cruise on Carnival :eek: I have never been on a shorter X cruise so cannot compare.

There were a good number of floor length gowns, I was not alone.

However, I am one to dress up every night and live by "it is always better to overdress than under dress" and "dress to impress" :o:) Several of my every night dresses could be worn on formal night (short, fancy cocktail dresses). DH loves to wear suits and often wore them on regular nights. (I still need to get my honeymoon trip up!)

p.s.

I LOVE navy! Can't wait to see pictures of her dress. Navy is such a classic color. Unlike my aqua beaded prom dress I had in 2003 :eek: Hey, bright colors were the "in" thing back then ;)