Aqua class cabins on Deck 9 - Summit

ckmommy72

Hi everyone, we are currently booked in a Concierge class cabin on deck 8. We really like what we see as far as menus for Blu, and are looking at switching to Aqua class. Especially as the TA just told me there is no cost to upgrade.

The cabins she's offering me are all on deck 9...which, of course has me worried about noise. I sleep like the dead but don't want my hubby to be woken up all night by noise. Any experience? There are a couple cabins that are under the Solarium. Would this be a quieter location?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm sorry, I don't have time to look at deck plans to exactly what this cabin is under.

We took a similar deal and switched to AQ for a cruise this past Jan on Equinox. We were right under the pool bar. I am an extremely light sleeper, we do not spend a lot of time in our cabin or on the balcony - some, not a lot.

Noise woke me up early on most, but all mornings - around 6 am, I think crew was either cleaning and arranging deck chairs or possibly stocking the bar? Some sort of distant rolling car scraping. All but one morning, I rolled over and dozed off again, the noise was not super loud, not like what you hear on inner floors in a lot of chain hotels. One morning it seemed louder, or perhaps we were less tired, because DH and I both woke up, and could not go to sleep.

We were not at all bothered by noise during the day, even if napping. Part of being a light sleeper means that I rarely if ever nap (DH takes a nap almost every day, like a toddler), so I spent some time alone on the balcony while he napped, and was not at all bothered by the noise - port days there is less traffic overhead, and sea days there is too much ambient noise from the ship in the water.

On Equinox our overhang was very deep and shady, which I liked.

Overall, this was not a deal killer for us, I can't sleep no matter what, we are booked for another cruise in the fall, in AQ on purpose, and got another cabin under the pool deck with the deep overhang. Based on our experience, we tried to pick a cabin that was not under the chairs, we will see if that makes a difference.

Hi everyone, we are currently booked in a Concierge class cabin on deck 8. We really like what we see as far as menus for Blu, and are looking at switching to Aqua class. Especially as the TA just told me there is no cost to upgrade.

The cabins she's offering me are all on deck 9...which, of course has me worried about noise. I sleep like the dead but don't want my hubby to be woken up all night by noise. Any experience? There are a couple cabins that are under the Solarium. Would this be a quieter location?

Thanks in advance for any help!

For your sailing, ask to book in 9112 or 9110. They are both available. I think your best option of staterooms available . They are both under the carpeted area of the Oceanview Cafe. Reviews state no noise from above. Very convenient location to the elevators. Just one deck up to the pool and Cafe.

We were in 9038 for the Infinity's Holiday cruise. We thought for sure it would be quiet beneath the Solarium and it was not :o - not at all. It didn't help that the teenagers on board used it as "party central" until the wee hours of night. One point security went up and they found they had set up their own "ping pong table".

I would advise trying to find a cabin further towards the aft, beneath the carpeted area of the OV Café, if noise was of any concern.

Loved the cabin (9038), its larger balcony, and the general location - but the noise! LOL! oh the noise ...

Heather

We were on the Summit last summer, in 9095. No issues with noise at all, and I actually loved the overhang on the balcony, it was always shady, and on the few days it was a bit wet we had no issues sitting outside.

I would think any stateroom in the vicinity would be fairly quiet.

For your sailing, ask to book in 9112 or 9110. They are both available. I think your best option of staterooms available . They are both under the carpeted area of the Oceanview Cafe. Reviews state no noise from above. Very convenient location to the elevators. Just one deck up to the pool and Cafe.

We've had cabins in that area and it was very quiet and convenient.