USB Ports on Summit

Educators2

We will have phones and iPads that will need charging when we cruise on the Summit next week. Are there any USB ports on the tv or room lamps that we can use? How many electrical outlets are there?

Thanks.

There are no USB ports on lamps or elsewhere. You’ll need to bring your own cubes or whatever you use to plug it in. There are two American style plugs and one European style plug in each state room at the desk. Don’t bring any sort of multi cube or multi power strip that has surge protection they are fire hazards there are no USB ports on lamps or elsewhere. You’ll need to bring your own or whatever you use to plug it in. There are two American style plugs and one European style plug in each state room at the desk. Don’t bring any sort of multi cube or multi power strip that has surge protection they are fire hazards.

We will have phones and iPads that will need charging when we cruise on the Summit next week. Are there any USB ports on the tv or room lamps that we can use? How many electrical outlets are there?

Thanks.

No.

Bring your own multi USB hubs, and surge protectors.

Enjoy your cruise.

King

Extension cords OK?

King

No surge protectors or extension cords allowed. And yes, they will take them away and return them at the end of the cruise. Happened to our traveling companions.

Anyway, here's your simple solution. Takes up WAY less suitcase space, too.

Anker 40W 4-Port USB Wall Charger with Foldable Plug, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH8G1SY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BoclBbBZ076QX

They make them with two slots for less than ten bucks.

Edited by jkgourmet

We were on the Summit about 18 months ago and I did find a USB port on the back of the tv to use for charging my phone. The tv wasn't working properly (can't remember exactly what was wrong) so I called for someone to fix it.....turns out charging my phone was messing something up. Once I unplugged the phone, the tv was fine......so yes, there is a USB on the tv but I wouldn't recommend using it for charging.

There are no USB ports on lamps or elsewhere. You’ll need to bring your own cubes or whatever you use to plug it in. There are two American style plugs and one European style plug in each state room at the desk. Don’t bring any sort of multi cube or multi power strip that has surge protection they are fire hazards there are no USB ports on lamps or elsewhere. You’ll need to bring your own or whatever you use to plug it in. There are two American style plugs and one European style plug in each state room at the desk. Don’t bring any sort of multi cube or multi power strip that has surge protection they are fire hazards.

At this moment in a Summit stateroom. No USB outlets. Two US three-prong plugs (close together, so can be awkward) , on the other side of the desk two (2) European two-prong outlets. I have my pad, phone, and watch plugged to a three-way plug which is plugged via an adapter into one of the Euro sockets. My wife’s pad, phone, and watch are plugged into a three-way plugged in one of the US style outlets. A bit of room left to plug in camera battery chargers etc.

The Euro-plug-to-US adapter can be found at Rick Steve’s or Amazon.

Stan