Iced Tea on Coral Princess

Barbara60

Does anyone know if the Iced tea served in MDR and buffet are real brewed tea or the sweet powdered type?

I'm going to take a guess and say it is from concentrate like some of the ships free coffee. it's rather strong. Really doesn't taste like tea to me. I've tried diluting it and adding lemon but definitely not like home brewed. And I love Ice Tea. ;)

Another option is to make a cup of hot tea (there are usually a number of choices) and pour it over ice.
I do that all of the time. Also make tea in a 20 oz. covered mug and place in the mini fridge to pour over ice the next day. If I have to drink the Princess ice tea I typically dilute it 1:1 with water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's unsweetened, from concentrate, and absolutely vile. I love iced tea, but I can't drink the stuff.

THis is exactly my feeling.

I make brewed tea extra strong (there are tea bags and hot water in the beverage area by the buffet) and pour it over ice. There is an assortment of sweeteners, lemon slices, etc. at the beverage area.

We asked our server as the tea was so good in the dining room. She told us it was Lipton tea bags. She said the secret was not to squeeze the bags. They are taught to just let them steep and take them out carefully. It was strong, but good. Not sweet unless you add sweetener.

We asked our server as the tea was so good in the dining room. She told us it was Lipton tea bags. She said the secret was not to squeeze the bags. They are taught to just let them steep and take them out carefully. It was strong, but good. Not sweet unless you add sweetener.

Which ship was this on? On the Caribbean Princess if was from the syrup in the MDRs. And it was awful. I tried it once and brought my own from that point on.

I don't remember it being too awfully bad on the CORAL, from a couple of years ago?

The thing is, I like it sweetened, and then you can't really sweeten cold iced tea in a glass, it takes forever for the sugar to dissolve. You are sitting there with no drink... stirring and stirring. And to me, it isn't sweet tea unless it is sweetened when brewed. (Southern folks know this!!!)

PS: While Lipton might be better than syrup, that is the most vile and bitter tea out there!!!!

Another thing one can do is get the coffee card. I drank quite a few of the green fruit tea drinks from the Int'l Cafe!!!!

I started stopping by there on the way to the MDR.

Those were good!!!!

For a real iced tea addict - it would be a hassle and time consuming, but yes, to some it might be well worth it to get the tea bags and brew up enough tea for each day, ahead of time, and let it cool so it is ready to pour over ice.