Mariner 3 and 4 day; full casual (cribbed from Empress)

If true a smart move - who really needs to schelp formal togs for such a short cruise. Heck if I ever do another cruise that short I'd probably just bring a back pack with a few fresh undies , a swimsuit, 2 t shirts and a spare pair of shorts and a polo shirt and be done with it!

Brilliant move. Can’t wait for Royal to roll this out to more ships.
Hopefully just the shorties. We look good dressed up.

FWIW, there were a lot of well dressed folks, and I don't mean dress shorts and a polo, on Oasis last week. Huge lines for the photo teams

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hopefully just the shorties. We look good dressed up.

FWIW, there were a lot of well dressed folks, and I don't mean dress shorts and a polo, on Oasis last week. Huge lines for the photo teams

I think it will start there. Who knows how far it will ultimately go.

Formal nights have already changed in the 6 years since we started cruising again, who knows what it will be like in 6 years from now.

A lot will probably depend on how much photo revenue they would lose.

Minor revision or update; Formal night has gone to "Wear your best" photo opportunity night. So whatever you may consider to be dressing up / fun / photo worthy / special occasion, etc. Good to go

These 3/4 day cruises have been rather casual for many years regardless of the RCI ship--in doing 12 of them over the years, maybe around 10-15% (tops) of the men wore a sport coat, suit or tux on so-called "formal night."

These 3/4 day cruises have been rather casual for many years regardless of the RCI ship--in doing 12 of them over the years, maybe around 10-15% (tops) of the men wore a sport coat, suit or tux on so-called "formal night."
I still dress up on the shorties. The one time I didnt, I got invited to dinner with HD. Luckily MJ had some blazer loaners.

I still dress up on the shorties. The one time I didnt, I got invited to dinner with HD. Luckily MJ had some blazer loaners.

First time I almost didn't bring set of Formal's were needed when invited for cocktails with Captain, Cruise Director, Doctor, ect. Was just 7 of use Diamond passengers(no D+ or Pinnacle back then) would have hated to say no. Most time I travel alone as then, normally just go all out when bring my kids. But just in case bring one suit every time I cruise. Good thing as needed couple other times...

Have never seen a tux on a 3 nighter out of Miami.

Probably happens from time to time. Just have not seen it.

I've seen a grand total of two (both on one cruise) over 15 years, and the men looked like they were part of an on-board wedding group.

We never do Formal on short cruises. Hubby wears his silk shirt/pants and I wear a cute sundress. So very happy they are changing it to "Wear Your Best" for Mariner

On longer cruises, we like getting dressed to the max, formal for me, tux for hubby. But not on short cruises. We try to pack light and just enjoy the weekend.

The new theming / naming will be rolled out to Caribbean sailings 8 days or less soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe that’s part of what a Captain Johnny was referring to in his tweet yesterday after his executive conference call with Miami and he said “exciting times coming up”

Maybe that’s part of what a Captain Johnny was referring to in his tweet yesterday after his executive conference call with Miami and he said “exciting times coming up”

Close. Many updates to theming and events aimed at North American departures / vacation cruisers. Won’t apply so much for smaller ships and longer itineraries. Mostly aimed at under 40 w 125k plus household income

Close. Many updates to theming and events aimed at North American departures / vacation cruisers. Won’t apply so much for smaller ships and longer itineraries. Mostly aimed at under 40 w 125k plus household income

Do tell.

I'm surprised it took this long to go casual. Many cruisers (young and old) prefer NCL because of the freestyle/casual concept. Now RC can compete.

Personally, I like formal night on 7 night cruises. But the reality is that most people do not want to dress formal on a 3 night weekend cruise to Nassau. Especially the under 40 crowd, where jeans are the common attire in professional office settings.

Not a fan of NCL.

And I'm more of a khakis kind of guy

I'm surprised it took this long to go casual. Many cruisers (young and old) prefer NCL because of the freestyle/casual concept. Now RC can compete.

Personally, I like formal night on 7 night cruises. But the reality is that most people do not want to dress formal on a 3 night weekend cruise to Nassau. Especially the under 40 crowd, where jeans are the common attire in professional office settings.

Do tell.

Yep, pretty exacting details.

The rendering I saw last night of proposed onboard cabanas do look pretty nice. Right now the discussion is whether to offer to suites, to everyone, to pre-sell, or create a mad rush for them like Princess does at boarding.

Also, hope you are somewhat agreeable to MSC-like "experiences" at scaled costs.

Bookmark this for later.

The rendering I saw last night of proposed onboard cabanas do look pretty nice. Right now the discussion is whether to offer to suites, to everyone, to pre-sell, or create a mad rush for them like Princess does at boarding.

Also, hope you are somewhat agreeable to MSC-like "experiences" at scaled costs.

Bookmark this for later.

No pictures?