!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thanks for the awesome review and photos and time needed to compile this. It is much appreciated. Looking forward to your Breakaway review as I will be sailing her in August.

Thanks again Gambee!

No problem glad you like it :)

DSC03244_zpse1b4f8bd.jpg

DSC03245_zps7e8d20d4.jpg

I had a little plate of sushi. Some eel, crab, shrimp and spicy tuna roll.

DSC03246_zps4f492e24.jpg

Then we headed back to molecular to get some refills :D

Avocado Mezcal, to put in simple words. It is just a frozen margarita. It was ok I guess.

DSC03249_zps74f75a31.jpg

Tanned Russian. It was good, but not a favorite. Lots of creamy lemony taste with coconut.

DSC03250_zps507c506f.jpg

Somebody may have already brought this up, but I'm so far behind in reading this review and I just have to ask. I see the avocado mezcal...On my trip on the reflection, and also what I have read in the reviews, the mixologists simply said "we don't have the ingredients for that one." The reports on cruise critic said that it had to do with how difficult it was to mash avocado and mix it into a drink. It was just easier to tell a guest they can't make it. Did you get any resistance ordering it? I seriously asked the only three mixologists they had on board, different days, different times, but same answer!

Somebody may have already brought this up, but I'm so far behind in reading this review and I just have to ask. I see the avocado mezcal...On my trip on the reflection, and also what I have read in the reviews, the mixologists simply said "we don't have the ingredients for that one." The reports on cruise critic said that it had to do with how difficult it was to mash avocado and mix it into a drink. It was just easier to tell a guest they can't make it. Did you get any resistance ordering it? I seriously asked the only three mixologists they had on board, different days, different times, but same answer!

Never, she always made what I asked for. Then again I always tipped extra so that might have been part of it. In all honesty it was a frozen margarita, nothing more, you really did not missed much.

You all know I have to get the toilet paper pics (RCCL FANS), anyway isn't that the same brand as RCCL? Please also note that this is the first time that I say RCCL in this review. I did pretty good right? There were so many times that I wanted to do comparisons, but I refrained from it.

Great review like always. I always enjoy reading them. I can't wait for your Breakaway and Breeze review!!!

I want to say that's the same brand Carnival uses too. Maybe all the cruise lines use the same toilet paper?

Edited by spencercoop

Great review like always. I always enjoy reading them. I can't wait for your Breakaway and Breeze review!!!

I want to say that's the same brand Carnival uses too. Maybe all the cruise lines use the same toilet paper?

Thank you,

You know I was thinking the same thing, ill check on Breakaway today :)

Gambee what a review and thank you I was a bit worried about going on the Silhoutte, but looking at your pictures of the ship and your review I can't wait to go, and poor Hubby has been up and down all night with me screaming out have a look at this omg look at that. Thank you so much :D From a very excited Isis2

Dang what a thorough review! I need to (tomorrow, not tonight) find your Allure review next! I have a Canon DSLR but I have to say I'm tempted by those Sony NEX series, although my hesitation is in their speed of autofocus and tracking things (Such as the wildlife and floatplanes in Alaska).

I'm also thinking about upgrading to that premium package thanks to you and those drink photos. I'm not even a Martini fan, but would consider buying some just for the theatrics! :cool:

Thanks!

Nice review, Gambee. I just finished it and am headed on to the Allure review. My next two cruises will (more than likely) be the Silhouette next March and the Allure next summer. Perfect timing with the reviews. Thanks so much for all your hard work in putting them together.

So far we have only cruised Royal and Carnival. We are looking to expand our horizons with Celebrity and perhaps the Royal Princess down the road. My wife cruised on NCL last year with her Mom and she wasn't impressed but it was an older, smaller ship, so perhaps the Breakaway or Epic in the future!

Dang what a thorough review! I need to (tomorrow, not tonight) find your Allure review next! I have a Canon DSLR but I have to say I'm tempted by those Sony NEX series, although my hesitation is in their speed of autofocus and tracking things (Such as the wildlife and floatplanes in Alaska).

I'm also thinking about upgrading to that premium package thanks to you and those drink photos. I'm not even a Martini fan, but would consider buying some just for the theatrics! :cool:

Thanks!

Gambee, after seeing the 2nd review with pictures taken mostly with the Sony Nex 3, my sister ordered one so that she'll know the "ins n outs" of it by our next cruise this December. I think you've sold quite a few of these - maybe they should send you a nice little commission check.

Gambee, I keep reading and checking the pix of the Allure because I will sail her in Oct for the first time.

Here I go again, because I just booked the Silhouette for a TA in 2014. I just started reading another Gambee special review and I can't wait to relly get reading. Not only are they great, but I get to know the ship before I sail. You are the "Man". In other words from the mouth of an old broad, You Rock:D

Thanx for all this good stuff

Gambee, I keep reading and checking the pix of the Allure because I will sail her in Oct for the first time.

Here I go again, because I just booked the Silhouette for a TA in 2014. I just started reading another Gambee special review and I can't wait to relly get reading. Not only are they great, but I get to know the ship before I sail. You are the "Man". In other words from the mouth of an old broad, You Rock:D

Thanx for all this good stuff

Thank you very much for the kind words, if you're interested I am writing the Breakaway review as we speak. Feel free to stop there and take a look, I think it will be my best review ever.

Gambee, did the first 5 pages, and they are the artful words of the one and only Gambee. BTW, if you remember what you wrote, It's the hat LOL, and I love you for it. Tell Mom, hi. Glad to be sailing along on the Silhouette with her. Next up, I will start the Breakaway with you

Thanks for the awesome review and all the time an effort put into it! It is greatly appreciated and I am about to head over and read the breakaway review as that is our next adventure, so I am totally stoked to read your review.

Thanks again and safe travels!

Gambee,

Thanks so much for posting such a wonderful and comprehensive review of the Silhouette! We've been on the Solstice and are getting ready to book another S class ship and are excited!

I am going to read your other reviews -- I am a fan! :)