Order of Debarkation Anthem-Cape Liberty question-Should I take RCI shuttle?

fd851

Does anyone have recent knowledge of the order/timeline for debarkation for the Anthem in Cape Liberty? A copy of the letter summarizing the departure timing would be excellent. We are traveling with at group that has different levels of status and are trying to determine the best way to make flights around noon. I remember seeing that often times the RCI transfers get off earlier, sometimes even earlier than the priority departures assigned to the higher status levels. I know that cabs are frequent, so I am not looking for advice on how to get to the airport from the cruise terminal. I only want to know if the RCI shuttle will get us there quicker.

Thanks,

Frank

Transfers are assigned based on your flight time. Someone on a shuttle with a late flight will not have an early number...

You can always carry your own bags off the ship, and be in one of the 1st groups to leave. If you all want to leave at the same time, the highest "status" will have to go by the people with the "lowest" status!

Does anyone have recent knowledge of the order/timeline for debarkation for the Anthem in Cape Liberty? A copy of the letter summarizing the departure timing would be excellent. We are traveling with at group that has different levels of status and are trying to determine the best way to make flights around noon. I remember seeing that often times the RCI transfers get off earlier, sometimes even earlier than the priority departures assigned to the higher status levels. I know that cabs are frequent, so I am not looking for advice on how to get to the airport from the cruise terminal. I only want to know if the RCI shuttle will get us there quicker.

Thanks,

Frank

What exact date would you be doing this? How many people are you and do you all have to go together? What exact times "around noon" are the flights scheduled? Day of the week and weather can be factors.

As mentioned self disembarkation can address most of your issues. The problem with RCL transfers is that they might not be available for flights before noon.

The suggested lead time for flights from EWR is at least 2 hours. Add on the time to get to the airport and you are looking at 3 hours, which means being off the ship by 9 am.

12:20 PM on a Saturday, so I am not overly concerned about the traffic. And yes, making sure everyone was off the ship by 9 was my priority. There are 6 of us, 2 D+, 2 Emerald, 2 never cruised before! My big concern was leaving the never cruised before couple behind and making them find their way to the airport on their own. Hence my question about the shuttle. We would all most likely get the same number since we had the same flight time. My biggest question is would that number be lower than the number given to the D+ or Emerald members?

Also, at Cape Liberty, as I recall, you have to board a bus to get to the cruise terminal after departing the ship. What logistical problems does this make when carrying off luggage from the ship. Do they just put it under on the bus and you claim it when you get to the terminal?

12:20 PM on a Saturday, so I am not overly concerned about the traffic. And yes, making sure everyone was off the ship by 9 was my priority. There are 6 of us, 2 D+, 2 Emerald, 2 never cruised before! My big concern was leaving the never cruised before couple behind and making them find their way to the airport on their own. Hence my question about the shuttle. We would all most likely get the same number since we had the same flight time. My biggest question is would that number be lower than the number given to the D+ or Emerald members?

Don't worry about the numbers. Just go to guest services early in the cruise to make sure you are on the early departure list. If someone has a low number, they can always get more tags which can be "shared" with folks with higher numbers. Just be aware however that there have been incidents whereby luggage was not offloaded in sequence so that folks with low numbers waited over an hour for their checked luggage.

Since they built the new terminal, there have been no shuttle buses to get to the terminal. You now just walk off the ship on a ramp to the terminal.

Also, at Cape Liberty, as I recall, you have to board a bus to get to the cruise terminal after departing the ship. What logistical problems does this make when carrying off luggage from the ship. Do they just put it under on the bus and you claim it when you get to the terminal?

With the new terminal with its right beside parking garage there isn't a need for buses.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403147&d=1486223442

attachment.php?attachmentid=403148&d=1486223442

I still have our departure information from the Anthem cruise we returned from on Jan.26th. All were scheduled to be off the ship by 9am. Just ask for the same luggage tag numbers for all or share the ones you get as there were six given to us and we had two pieces of luggage.

P2043149_zpst7zbqwyo.jpg

P2043148_zpsiptilntp.jpg

P3192035.jpg.991a26298cc5bf993c234e16b84189cf.jpg

P1263134.jpg.0179cb1825b76206059fa9e3752309a9.jpg

Thank you all very much. I was unaware that the new terminal had been completed! That should make all things much easier! And the Debarkation sheet was exactly what I needed.

Thanks,

Frank

Are you assigned a self-carry group or can you choose to self carry at the latest time (8-8:30)? Apologies if this has been answered previously.

I'd like to know this too since we are not flying and in no huge rush - the later the better cause morning people we are not lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks,

Frank

You can go to guest services once you are on the ship and request that your entire party disembark together (disembarkation is usually by deck). Make sure you have all the information for the group, cabin#, names and explain you all need to get off together; then make sure your group all has the same color luggage tags (once they are left in your room). Choose an area to meet (even if its one of your cabins) and go to whatever gathering point you are assigned for disembarkation together. Then you can all get off together. I do this every year with up to 50+ people all with different flight schedules - and I am not a travel agent - just sayin' I know how easy it is to lose somebody in the process!

With the new terminal with its right beside parking garage there isn't a need for buses.

attachment.php?attachmentid=403147&d=1486223442

attachment.php?attachmentid=403148&d=1486223442

I still have our departure information from the Anthem cruise we returned from on Jan.26th. All were scheduled to be off the ship by 9am. Just ask for the same luggage tag numbers for all or share the ones you get as there were six given to us and we had two pieces of luggage.

P2043149_zpst7zbqwyo.jpg

P2043148_zpsiptilntp.jpg

Thank you so much for this info. For self assist debarkation can you pick your time to get off the ship or is it just assigned to you. How would we plan to be in the first group off the ship?

For self assist debarkation can you pick your time to get off the ship or is it just assigned to you. How would we plan to be in the first group off the ship?

You can leave at any time you want. Get in line at least an hour before scheduled arrival.

Then why are there different self-debark times and waiting places listed?

For the same reason RCI has suggested arrival times at check in - to spread out the crowds.No one will stop you from leaving.

Even if you have luggage tags you can ignore the luggage numbers being called - you can leave at any time, but, your luggage may not be in the terminal to pick up yet. It's much more comfortable waiting on the ship than in some terminal.

For the same reason RCI has suggested arrival times at check in - to spread out the crowds.No one will stop you from leaving.

Even if you have luggage tags you can ignore the luggage numbers being called - you can leave at any time, but, your luggage may not be in the terminal to pick up yet. It's much more comfortable waiting on the ship than in some terminal.

We may be talking about two different things here. I'm asking about SELF debarkation, where you don't put out your luggage the evening before, but carry it off the ship yourself. We've never done this before but are interested in doing it this time as we need to be home early that day. Even though we've never done it before, on our past cruises I noticed the SELF assist people all got off the ship first. That's why I'm wondering why different times and meeting lounges are listed throughout the morning for SELF assist.

That's why I'm wondering why different times and meeting lounges are listed throughout the morning for SELF assist.

While self assist do usually leave first, they don't have to. Don't get hung up on the details, the point of all the times and places is to spread out the crowds, but all are suggestions.

We may be talking about two different things here. I'm asking about SELF debarkation, where you don't put out your luggage the evening before, but carry it off the ship yourself. We've never done this before but are interested in doing it this time as we need to be home early that day. Even though we've never done it before, on our past cruises I noticed the SELF assist people all got off the ship first. That's why I'm wondering why different times and meeting lounges are listed throughout the morning for SELF assist.

We just got off the Anthem last week. We chose self carry at 6:30. We got on line about 6 and we're in our car at 7:04. It was a very easy disembarkation. We have been on other cruises where there had been an issue with customs (not the cruise lines fault) which delayed things. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time.

We just got off the Anthem last week. We chose self carry at 6:30. We got on line about 6 and we're in our car at 7:04. It was a very easy disembarkation. We have been on other cruises where there had been an issue with customs (not the cruise lines fault) which delayed things. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time.

Thanks for the update. I think we will have one last breakfast on board and then just walk off at our leisure then.