Hotel in Barcelona, Spain

Has anyone cruised out of Barcelona, Spain? We are looking for a hotel to stay at the night before the cruise leaves, any suggestions?

We've stayed at the Hotel Jazz several times and thought it was very nice and well located.

Also check the Spain ports forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

I can also recommend the Hotel Jazz. Reasonable prices. Easy and cheap to take bus to plaza with a short walk to hotel. Taxi to pier was a little pricey. We actually found another couple sailing on our ship that we shared a ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Olivia Plaza a few years ago and would recommend this 4-star boutique hotel located in Plaça Catalunya in the center of Barcelona. Location was great as we were at the top of Las Ramblas, and could walk right out to the Plaça Catalunya and catch the HOHO bus.

We stayed at the Hotel Gaudi right across from the Gaudi House or museum. It was just a 2-minute walk to Las Ramblas. Very reasonable price.

I have also stayed at the Hotel Gaudi - great little hotel. Decent size rooms- if you can try and get one of the 2 rooms on the top floor! GREAT terrace.

I have also stayed at the Hotel Colon. AMAZING HOTEL. I got an amazing upgrade to one of the rooms with this amazing terrace. I could have stayed there instead of going on the cruise!!!

Stayed at Hotel Lleo in October. Very nice and good breakfast. The location is great. Took Areo bus from airport and walked over . Walk a few minutes down Las Rambla then make a left into the narrow streets filled with tapas bars and great shopping.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Renaissance (a Marriott property) which was located near Las Ramblas and near some Gaudi properties. We arrived on an early morning flight and was able to check in and access our room upon our arrival and take a brief nap before heading out to explore the city including a visit to the amazing Cathedral (Sagrada Familia) designed by Gaudi and still in the process ofbeing completed

I have also stayed at the Hotel Gaudi - great little hotel. Decent size rooms- if you can try and get one of the 2 rooms on the top floor! GREAT terrace.

I have also stayed at the Hotel Colon. AMAZING HOTEL. I got an amazing upgrade to one of the rooms with this amazing terrace. I could have stayed there instead of going on the cruise!!!

We loved the Hotel Colon too!! We had a room facing the Cathedral.

But a tad (!!!) more expensive than the Jazz!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most people like the La Rambla hotels but we found a Holiday Inn Express near Rambla del Poblenou which is in a quiet neighborhood more to the north. We found the subway system in Barcelona very easy to negotiate to the sites and made our stay there very enjoyable Knowing we could get around easily and still see the beautiful city was a bonus. There are several good restaurants in the area also. We ate at La Broqueta, which was excellent. Good luck and enjoy your stay there.

Third for Hotel Universal. We stayed a few days before a Transatlantic - the convenience of being right next to the metro stop which had the Funicular was great. Quick walk to wherever we wanted to go or hopped on the Metro if we got too tired to walk.

We stayed at the airport Marriott in Barcelona. Great hotel, especially if your party is platinum status. Great perks. Down side is you had to take a taxi every time you wanted to go into town which was expensive.

We stayed at Chick n Basic near The Christopher Columbus Statue which is also the bus stop to the Ships. Hotel is clean and stylish in an Andy Warhol kind of way with a great breakfast and perfect coffee. Nice Staff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums