Bella on divina, do they actually turn you away from the dining Room?

colmat

Hi, looking at booking the divina next year in an inside. Don't really mind where we are, but was told on the phone that they may send you to the buffet if the mdr is too busy. Does this actually happened or are they just trying to get me to book Fantasia? Not fans of the buffet so don't want to end up there, thanks in advance

You'll be assigned a table in the MDR if the ship is not at capacity. If it is, there will be an area in the buffet cordoned off so that you will receive waiter service and MDR menu. It won't be a question of turning up at the MDR only to be denied entry. You will know at embarkation when it will be indicated on your cruisecard which venue you are to dine in and what table number you'll have.

I booked 3 rooms 2 Bella's and 1 Fantastica. This is all they had left. I hope we can all eat together we are family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Usually linked bookings have the same table in the MDR. See the maitreD at the assigned time on embarkation day if you don't all have the same table number, MDR and/or dining times allotted.

You'll be assigned a table in the MDR if the ship is not at capacity. If it is, there will be an area in the buffet cordoned off so that you will receive waiter service and MDR menu. It won't be a question of turning up at the MDR only to be denied entry. You will know at embarkation when it will be indicated on your cruisecard which venue you are to dine in and what table number you'll have.

Ok thank you, would we be able to pick late seating?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed in a Bella inside cabin on the Divina twice. Both cruises were at the height of spring break time (one week before Easter) and the ship was at capacity.

We were in early traditional dining and were assigned a table in the MDR both times.

YMMV.

I don't know about late seating availability. There are many families on board and the early seating is popular with them. On the other hand, I hear the late seating is also popular with adult passengers.

In any case, on both our cruises we have ended up in the buffet area around 10 PM for tea and there was no area roped off for MDR guests.

I've only read one or two posts from cruisers noting they saw the roped off area in the buffet, and only one post that I recall from someone who actually was assigned to that area, after booking Bella. Its seems like it doesn't happen very often, so I wouldn't really be worried about it. Though I have no first hand experience in the matter. Have fun on your cruise!

Hi, looking at booking the divina next year in an inside. Don't really mind where we are, but was told on the phone that they may send you to the buffet if the mdr is too busy. Does this actually happened or are they just trying to get me to book Fantasia? Not fans of the buffet so don't want to end up there, thanks in advance

You will be assigned a table but it may not be the time you want.