Dinning

Rumor My Time Dinning being eliminated?? When we booked our June cruise on the Majesty they put us on a waiting list for MTD and booked us for the early dinning time. But at the time we thought something was off...Maybe we know now? Anyone else heard or been advised by RCCI that MTD is no longer offered. This is only a short 3 day cruise so not much of an issue. But we really do enjoy the MTD for the longer cruises. Allows flexibility with scheduling shows, drinks with friends, and excursion scheduling...

Rumor My Time Dinning being eliminated?? When we booked our June cruise on the Majesty they put us on a waiting list for MTD and booked us for the early dinning time. But at the time we thought something was off...Maybe we know now? Anyone else heard or been advised by RCCI that MTD is no longer offered. This is only a short 3 day cruise so not much of an issue. But we really do enjoy the MTD for the longer cruises. Allows flexibility with scheduling shows, drinks with friends, and excursion scheduling...

I have not heard that rumour yet. I can't see it being eliminated as it seems very popular

Ours has not been cancelled for next March on Allure, but a couple of people got their cancelled, so good to wait and see. I know our jots cruise in february had mtd as a wait list for most of the time, but then we got cleared a few months before we left.

Ours has not been cancelled for next March on Allure, but a couple of people got their cancelled, so good to wait and see. I know our jots cruise in february had mtd as a wait list for most of the time, but then we got cleared a few months before we left.

That happened to us last year but i prepayed my tips anyway in the UK and within a few days i was checking on the cruise planner and it changed from 1st sitting to MTD.

No way will that be eliminated....it's too popular. Apparently no one likes to sit with others...a sad sign of the times.

Or perhaps some people like to spend dinner conversing with their partner/family rather than making small talk with strangers ;p

No way will that be eliminated....it's too popular. Apparently no one likes to sit with others...a sad sign of the times.

some people have jobs where they deal with an onslaught of people every day and on vacation the last thing the want to do is mingle at a table with strangers.

everyone has different needs and its not a sad sign of the times.

A tired old canard that doesn't explain the increasing popularity of my time dining. It is the flexibility that MTD gives your schedule and nothing about MTD negates anyone's desire to sit with others that makes it a very popular option. Although I can understand why some folks might not be thrilled if they were in traditional dining and assigned to a table with someone so convinced that their way was the only "civilized" way to do everything that they seek to impose their vision of reality on everyone else. With MTD, you can dine by yourself or with others on a schedule that best suits you. I recognize that this poster will not respond nor will our comments keep her from repeating her opinions ad nauseam.

A tired old canard that doesn't explain the increasing popularity of my time dining. It is the flexibility that MTD gives your schedule and nothing about MTD negates anyone's desire to sit with others that makes it a very popular option. Although I can understand why some folks might not be thrilled if they were in traditional dining and assigned to a table with someone so convinced that their way was the only "civilized" way to do everything that they seek to impose their vision of reality on everyone else. With MTD, you can dine by yourself or with others on a schedule that best suits you. I recognize that this poster will not respond nor will our comments keep her from repeating her opinions ad nauseam.
I could not of said it better myself

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do agree for the most part, however some do cite eating along as the main reason they do it. I am one that just goes with the flow, and likes the flexibility. There are many times that when you get back from port, you would have to rush to make the early traditional dining, however myself (and my wife) do not like to eat as late as the late traditional seating, so there is no real choice other than mtd. Our next cruise will be with our 2 teenage sons, so wj may be more often than even mtd, as it is even quicker, with much more selection.

I don't even remember picking MTD for my cruise coming up next week but I got it. Early is just WAY TO EARLY, and late is fine with me. I actually enjoy the sitting with others, and hope that I get that chance with MTD next week. But if its risk it between getting early seating or take MITD I am doing MTD every time.

MTD is still showing on my Harmony November 2018 reservation. We used to eat during the late seating but now we have child who will be 3.5 at the time of the cruise. Like most people said, early is way too early and late is way too late. I do enjoy meeting new people and look forward to doing so at the Schooner... AFTER my toddler eats [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've heard dinning is only allowed on the port side of the ship. [/endsmart@ssmode] My uninformed opinion is it seems mytime has surpassed traditional dining in terms of number of diners on most cruise. Anyone disagree, that is just a personal observations, possibly alcohol influenced.

• 4 weeks later...

Not true although I can think of at least one whom I wouldn't care to be seated with. Just because one doesn't choose the inflexibility of traditional dining it is unfair to ascribe sinister motives to that person.

I actually would probably rather sit with others some nights, and there is that option with mtd, but while I am fairly schedule oriented, my wife is not, and if I prod her to get moving at a set time, it would not be a fun vacation. If we decide to go a little later, so be it, that is the reason MTD is preferable, at least for us.